• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

And he didn't even hold the door open for me !

Sakura

* shakes head* i sometimes forget that i am attractive. over the years i have just gotten used to being hit on, stared at, wolf-whistled at . or any other show of appreciation by men ( and sometimes women ) , of my physical from. that i am oblivious to it most times. it is only in awkward moments like happened to day. that i stop. take stock for a moment and think " wow, all that over lil ole me ? * giggles "

at work i typically dress down. usually jeans and very andro looking tshirts to avoid.... complications with male employees. but as it has been very verrry hot i been wearing. shorts and tanks. to day the tank i was wearing was showing a taaaad more clevage than i typically show...... and it did not go unoticed

As we headed out to break. me, anthony and one of my work girl friends were heading out to lunch. as we approuched the doors leading out of the facility . a temporary worker had cut us off at the door leading out of the building. while staring at me he attempts to open the door for me. stairing at the area roughly between my chest and face. he pulled on the door to open it..... and it did not budge. so he pulled on it again harder. again it did not open . again he really threw his back into it pulling on the door so hard you could hear the hinges straining under the stress. the whole time never breaking his stare . and then he remembered........ the door opens out ward. his face turned red and in a flash he bolted out the door he had originally intended to hold open, he musta been high tailing it cause he was no where to be seen out side , and my friend looks at me and goes " you bimbo !!! lol, i wish i looked good enough to cause a mans head to momentaraly disconect from his donkey like that " anthony , chuckling histarically before bursting out laughing, and then for some reason i felt embarassed <_<

sometimes i for get what a pretty face and a great rack can do to a man lol.

Sakura

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I'm still waiting for a moment where a guy is too busy staring at me that he walks into something. I think I'd have to turn around and walk for a moment while trying not to burst out laughing. I personally have not gotten used to the attention I get because I don't see what everyone else is seeing. But I'm working through it with my therapist.

So tomorrow will you be taping a "push" sign on that door? *teehee*

Guest Megan_Lynn

Only one time have I ever had any guy(s) go all hero for me. Was this past fall was fishing for salmon with my better half. Had hooked a rather large fish and it was taking out line fast going down stream. As I was walking along the bank trying to keep up with the fish I had around 6 guys basicaly fall over themselfs trying to offer assitance to net my fish..This never ever happen in the days everyone though I was male. Other then that have had a few doors opened up for me but not one time to my knowledge have I had any man flirt with me ever. But then again I do not blame them as I am kind of homely looking. But as I have always said would rather be a nasty looking woman then a hansome man. As long as I am always seen as female its all good.

I will have to tape it to my chest...... other wise they would never see it lol.

I bet you didn't know your boobs could break doors, huh ;P

break em down hell...... they almost tore them from thier hinges and threw them threw the wall ! i was about to say something to the guy , because i was worried my boobs were about to get wrote up for destruction of company property !!

To my credit , i have stopped traffic , caused many trip and fall injuries . caused walking into inanimate object injuries. and prolly accountable for a handful.... or two , slipped disks and hernia repair surgeries( for some reason men seem to think they gain super human strength in the presence of a woman :superman: ) and have had a guy run off and leave his wife stranded . to fetch me a tool..... from his house for my R/C plane( yes i fly R/C planes.....well crash them ) ..... talk about awwwkwaaaaard .

But as I have always said would rather be a nasty looking woman then a hansome man. As long as I am always seen as female its all good.
:) i find confedence in any messure to be more attractive than any level of physical beauty :)

Sakura

Guest amanda_s

Sakura

i looked at your pictures wow now i can see why all these guys are getting hurt LOL just make sure they are not using power tools

keep it up ;)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I will have to tape it to my chest...... other wise they would never see it lol.

..like *that* wouldn't be misinterpreted.

"The sign said push, and she had it right there, so I pushed 'em. The door still wouldn't open"

Guest amanda_s

"The sign said push, and she had it right there, so I pushed 'em. The door still wouldn't open"

LOL enough said
Guest angels wings

I too had a peak at ur photos . Gee woman no wonder the poor guy could not think . Such beautiness should be banned ;)

OH&S issues in the work place are not safe ;)

Thx for the laugh

Angel :)

You know . before i posted that . i actually sat here for a moment and thought . some one is going to come up with a joke like that......then i was like naaaah no one would . lol

Thank you. amanda and angel :)

Sakura

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

You know . before i posted that . i actually sat here for a moment and thought . some one is going to come up with a joke like that......then i was like naaaah no one would . lol

Apparently we haven't met. Hi, I'm Liz, I'm the fat, funny one. :)

I used to be all that and a bag of chips, but then I got hungry and ate the chips.....

Guest amanda_s

Apparently we haven't met. Hi, I'm Liz, I'm the fat, funny one. :)

I used to be all that and a bag of chips, but then I got hungry and ate the chips.....

Liz I don't like the term FAT can we us voluptuos, funny one instead

Amanda

Guest Maria_B

Liz, you've got your description wrong.

I've told you time and time again, its the ''Fabulous Funny One. All that and a bag of diamonds''.

• 5 weeks later...

Uhg well this situation has went fromm humorous..... to concerning. this guys as he is now known as my SHSS (seriously hawt spanish stalker) phrase my friends at work coined :/ like fro realz since that day. this guy has been every were. a;ways shooting this seriously wierd creepy grin at me...... and trying to talk to me . thank gawd for his very broken english. being able to give this guy the cold shoulder on the grounds that i do not understand him. is a real life saver. finally after blowing him off one tomany times and not getting the responce he wanted he just began hitting on me point blank.......seriously hoping that. the stuff he was saying to me only sounded highly disgusting because of his seriously broken english " you have a babies ? " me " eeerm nope " him " maybe i impregnate you with some babies?" me " :huh: eeeerm maybe you don't ? " . after this very verrry awkward exchange .. he cuts me off practically trapping me between him and my machine.after getting way way way to close to me i more orless had to shove him out of the way. i went directly to my super visor and got his assingment cancled ( temporary wroker ) . uhg that happened bout 3 days ago . and every day i go out to break or am leaving i got this over whelming fear he will be out in the parking lot wainting for me . either waiting to resume , where he left off or peed that i cost him his job...... in either case anthony . already said if he is every out there waiting for me for what ever reason , there will be a fight . and several of my male friends i have accumulated there have said they got my back too.

but the whole situation kicked off a argument between me and my hubby ( anthony) about me being missleading or sending the wrong singnals . also my mom telling me. that i am too out going with men. and it begs the question . am i really ? is by virture of me being ginueninly freindly. sending the wrong message ? i mean i pride my self on being able to read people very very well . like this guy i suspected he would be trouble the moment he almost ripped the door from the hinges and did my best to avoid him . i spoke to my therapist to day. and even she echos anthony and my moms words. her " men love women that a out going and friendly. even if they are ...... kinda ugly. and with your looks it is a double whammy . coulpled in with the fact that men are noutroiuosly bad and gauging if a woman is really interested in them , by taking every freindly smile or compliment as a sign of interest , even if none is intended. everything about you is very charming and warm from your mid western accent to your very cute toothy smile. it just screams "come and talk to me" and for men it just has mixed signals written all over it. "

i find that both a fond sentiment and kinda depressing at the same time ....... i don't mean to miss lead. but it seems to be just hard wired into me :( , now i wonder if these guys at work , have the same idea .... grrrr head explodes !!!

Sakura

P>S sorry if this seems broken and disjointed typed it on my phone .

Guest Megan_Lynn

Sakura

The average male has zero clue (sorry guys). Having had been a spy in the enemy camps for almost the better part of 4 decades I can say that even the slightest thing like a smile ,being outgoing, etc will grab the guys attention. Most men think if a woman talks to them she desires way more. Most guys can just not see woman as anything more the a sex toy. You are attractive and as your people said it to you add that to being friendly and its a double whammy for sure. Is it fair heck no it sexist as can be. Sometimes its better to just ignore the guys as best as ya can. As much as we desire to just be friendly it will at times come and bite us in the butt.. Crossing my fingers your SHSS never shows his face to you ever again. Best wishes..

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

It's crazy: if you're too cold or standoffish, you're labeled a witch. If you're too nice and friendly, you get this kind of reaction. It stinks that just because you want to be polite and friendly that guys take it the wrong way and think you're interested. I think that guy took things way too far and considered your responses as just playing hard to get when in fact you didn't want to be gotten. The only way you can really find out if that's what your guy friends think is to ask them. Ask a guy for a guy's perspective on how you come across, maybe they can give you a little insight as to the signals you're sending.

Very true most do not have a clue. or more so most let the wrong part of their brain do the thinking..... or the wrong head totally. though i do know most of the guys at work are quite smitten with me. its apparent by the way they light up when i talk to them. and i do sorta preen about that. one admitting that he loves seeing me smile ...... " that smile of yours could melt lead..... i love it " which i like as i hate my smile . to toothy and goofy i feel. http://www.lauras-playground.com/forums/index.php?app=galleryℑ=2880 picture of it .... seems though that every one but me likes it.

But as you said i do not know how i really come across to these guys. and knowing how guys read into things a little too deeply...... i could imagine. i also have the habbit of taking pitty on guys. SHSS is not my only stalker. there is also Jim..... and Jeff..... and Randy , Jim being the biggest. and admittedly the wierdest . mostly his poor hygiene and wierd quirks. that make him so wierd. but he fallows me like a stray puppy . the difference between SHSS is i do not detect danger from them.... just annoyance. my work girl friends tell me i should just crush them now. and admittedly they are right...... but i doubt they have ever had a woman ever be kind to them. and then i feel bad. so i put up with it, even though my inner goddess recoils and rolls her eyes at them . i really am a bit to nice i think .

Gah. sometimes it is really awsome being me,,,,,,,, and then sometimes it i a real pain in the arse.

Sakura

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MsPerseveres

Sakura, as much as it might be a pain, I'd love to have your problems. I totally get the stalkerish nature of guys, particularly of the nerdy persuasion, as that describes what I spent over 45 years dealing with. I've had decent friendships with good looking women, but, for the life of me, can't remember why/how it got that way. If I remember, I'll try and post it in the forums.

On another tack, as Megan_Lynn said, I'd rather be an ugly woman than a handsome man - waiting for that first time that I get "ma'am", or have a door held, or have some guy try to lift something heavy for me (although at 6'1", I'm likely to be stronger than some men, even after HRT starts :-). And if some guy gets seriously tongue tied, or stumbles over the grout lines in the tile floor, I'll be flattered and overjoyed - I have a dream of being a gorgeous woman, just need the most honest of all feedback, the fumbling of a stricken male!

Hugs, Brenda

Guest Maria_B

Sakura, there is a point where you have to be firm. Not rose things up, or try and let them down gently, but firm. Jim needs to know he needs to stop following you.