• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Question about the female social role

Guest possiblegirl

Guest possiblegirl

Hello,

To those who have transitioned:

Just wondering, what do you like and dislike about the female social role and additionally how does it feel in everyday life after having been a man to now interact with men as a member of the opposite sex?

Thanks

Guest Megan_Lynn

Before I transitioned men just confused me from there behavior. Now they annoy the heck out of me with their male privilege BS. A good bit of men will treat the average woman like she is some dumb moron most of the time. Sad thing I know way more about most of the things they talk down to me about. Many many times have I wanted to slap them from treating me like this but that is not lady like so I let it be. Other then that its totally freeing to be yourself and not have to worry any more about how you walk, talk, sit and behave. In the past I was always worried if I was acting, walking, talking, behaving, manly enough as it never came naturally for me ever. Living a female social role allows me to do and be more then was ever possible in the male role.

• Admin

I like the courtesies that are bestowed on women by most men, such as holding a door, offering assistance with something heavy, allowing me to exit an elevator first. I am not of an age when anyone is going to ogle me (unless they're darn near blind :lol: ), so I have little experience with being flirted with. The couple of times it did happen, it felt great, and affirming.

Women are much more collegial, more willing to open up and talk in public when you are a stranger, more willing to accept you without fear or suspicion. Women are not nearly as territorial, and more collaborative.

I no longer feel awkward showing emotion in public. I used to feel shame if I cried in social settings. Not any more. It's lovely to be able to hug, or kiss a cheek, or touch, without someone pulling away.

If I were in the dating scene, things might be a lot different. A LOT different. But as a middle aged married woman, i have enjoyed the new role immensely.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest KarenLyn

There are plusses and minuses to dealing with men and to be fair, most of them can't help it. Most of them have been raised to treat women a certain way and like Carolyn, I enjoy having doors opened, being allowed to go first, etc. On the other hand, being treated like a woman can't comprehend "guy things" can be very irritating. My husband, even though he is completely aware of my past, is just as guilty as the rest. He thinks working on cars is "un-lady like". I point out that that's why power tools were invented.

• Admin

My husband, even though he is completely aware of my past, is just as guilty as the rest. I point out that that's why power tools were invented.

Any woman (trans or cis) who can use a 19 volt Sears Craftsman cordless impact drill/driver, or a gas powered 25 cc weed wacker, without breaking a nail, is a winner in my book. :thumbsup:

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest amanda_s

My husband, even though he is completely aware of my past, is just as guilty as the rest. I point out that that's why power tools were invented.

Any woman (trans or cis) who can use a 19 volt Sears Craftsman cordless impact drill/driver, or a gas powered 25 cc weed wacker, without breaking a nail, is a winner in my book. :thumbsup:

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

just love that i guess i'm good to go, i can fix most things on my car and can frame a house and do most things on the inside too B)

Amanda

Guest Megan_Lynn

Having door held open for me and other curiosity's men give woman was hard for me to get used to at first for me. Guess its cause I was always very independent and did not like others helping me unless I asked for the help.As for simple mechanical stuff I will continue to keep doing it. There zero way I am letting some mechanic soak me for insanely high labor and twice the price of the actual parts.