• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bare Minerals for covering beard shadow?

Guest Julie_Mason

Guest Julie_Mason

My cousin (to whom I recently came-out) took me to the mall yesterday to get me a few things for this weekend (Im going to be enfem for 3 days at Atlanta Pride), and one of the things she purchased for me was a set of Bare Minerals™ makeup. She assured me that she uses it and it covers her bad acne extremely well and should be able to do the same for the slight shadow that I get roughly 12 hours after shaving my face. The female clerk at the store was very helpful at picking out the right shades for my skin tone, and was equally confident that it would suit my purposes (though it couldve been that she really wanted the sell... I dont know).

My question is:

Does anyone here use Bare Minerals™ cover-up, and does it work well at hiding beard shadow?

I havent had a chance to really "play" with mine yet, and (like MANY other things) have been feeling a bit insecure that it wont work.

Any info on Bare Minerals™ (specifically) would be fabulous.

Thanks in advance,

-Julie M.<3

• Admin

It should work fine, but definitely give it a try a couple of days before.

Guest Julie1957

I use bare minerals and love it. My beard isn't very dark so I can't say if it would cover dark beards or not. I like that it doesn't "cake" after a few hours like many liquid foundations do. Their primer is very good too (but expensive). Good luck.

Julie

Don't know about that but, a cosmotologist suggested I use orange lipstick. It worked well for me although I use another concealer over that, liquid foundation and then powder. Oh, and fiber fill for the crows feet and other raveges of time. Gee, I've hears white grease paint works well also! B)

Guest Julie_Mason

Thanks to all who replied!

I went out enfem yesterday and had wonderful results using the Bare Minerals™ system to cover my shadow. Not only did it hide the shadow completely and looked great over all on the rest of my face, but the coverage lasted all day long! I will definitely give Bare Minerals™ a big thumbs up! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Guest Aimee Galloway

My mom had some of the same cover up, and it worked pretty well for me. Of course, YMMV, but I hope it works well for you too!

<3

~ Nikki

i see we have another person here who uses their mothers makeup hehe, i thought i was alone >////<

but yea, Bare minerals is great, and definitely covers up beard and mustache shadow

Guest Kelly-087

I've played with my mothers makeup, Im not very good at it. But I did notice a significant reduction in beard shadow. Not perfect, but It probably would be gone if I were any good at putting it on lol. I certainly didn't notice it until I looked for it. She uses bare minerals.

Her color also doesn't work for me, so this another factor.

But yeah, I think you can cover it up using Bare Minerals.