• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Suggestions/Tips/Problems Warning Large Images.

Guest Serenia

Guest Serenia

Hello everyone it's Rukia! I haven't posted in a long time, and to be honest not much has changed other than my confidence level, and what I am willing more to do out in public. So I guess there have some been some minor changes, but as for physical changes, and or medical changes nothing at all. I have been seeing a therapist, but I haven't gotten approved for hormones grant it has only been four months.

So here are some pictures of me, and what I am essentially looking for are tips to help with my appearance, mainly my face. Also I am not certain really what kind of look I am going for. I haven't taken any hormones, or really done anything thus far except wear some clothes that a friend donated me, and painted my nails. That's about it.

c5xQ4.jpg

HJtL8.jpg

fiQCc.jpgkz388.jpg

Nobody has commented yet? You have nice, feminine hands, and posture, and the hair actually looks pretty good :D Normally I think longer hair is better, but you pull it off well. The only part you may need to focus on is your eyebrows.

:)

Hey there Serenia, :)

I agree with Xeda, eye brows, and maybe a nice eye shadow that will make your eye stand out. :) Could just be me tho, I am an eye shadow girl hehe :)

Kattja >^..^<

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Serenia

Thank you all. So I took your advice i got my eyebrows done, but not much of a drastic difference. I think the largest difference in this picture is that I wore some makeup. What do you think?

35900_118816081612952_1515384630_n.jpg

• Admin

OK, another item, do not use your lipstick ear to ear. Pucker up for a small kiss, like you would give your maiden aunt, and outline the area in the pucker zone. This will probably be about a lipliner pencil width in from the corners of your mouth. Use a more raspberry color than the red red that you have and fill in the lines. The liner goes just on the line between your lip and face skin. Fluff your hair a little more while you are at it, to give it some body.

I agree with Vicky. But I am not fond of lipliner, I found a quick and easy solution that takes 30 seconds on the fly and lasts for hours. I like liquid lip gloss. The almost last thing out the door I put on a pale pink lip gloss fully covering my lips. 15 seconds. I then gather up all my arsenal, purse, keys, phone, did I remember my ear rings, lock the back door? Next I go back and use New York Color Cityproof red lip gloss, using Vicky's grandma kiss method. 15 more seconds. When I press my lips together I get a nice blending of color that looks very natural, showy but not overdone, for a casual look. It lasts for hours. I get a lot of kisses from girl friends, so I must be doing something right. Irresistible lips??? Maybe? Makes me smile. Giggle.

Also, I hope I'm not too critical. It may be the lighting, but your make-up has too much red on the cheeks. Tone that down for a much more natural yet highlighted look. You will have your look in only a few tries. You have nice natural skin tone and wonderful features. The Hormone Fairy is gonna love you. You go girl! Hug. JodyAnn

Guest Sentience

You really are starting from quite close to the mountain top. (Jealous). Anyway, I would suggest getting your eyebrows done again, narrowed to the edges. Slim dangly earrings also do something mysterious, I can't put my finger on it. They just kind of do. Your neck area is also just waiting to be decorated also.

Happy decorating.

Guest Serenia

I'm double posting only on the grounds that I didn't say thank you. I'm not really sure if I'll ever start hormones, because that seems like a huge battle in its self. I was going to therapy, but my therapist won't even consider it. It's kind of stressing me out, because I feel like androgen hasn't kicked in yet except for my facial hair.So that worries me a lot, but I do have to ask.. what does fluff your hair mean exactly? Also I think the lighting kind of makes me look more feminine than I actually do, grant it is just florescent lighting from the dorm.