• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Canadian Company Launches First TG Comedy Series

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

This new series is set to have several TG characters, all played by TG actors. I have no idea about the show's quality, but I sure like their daring. I've long said that there is a lot of comedic potential in our Community - stories as well as actors. Let's hope it finds an audience.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/03/12/world-first-transgender-comedy-series-release/

Carolyn Marie

I think that is a very cool idea. I hope it is a, we think it is funny and not just a, they think it's funny. Sorry for being a skeptic. I do want to see it though. Hug. JodyAnn

• Admin

The thing I am concerned about is that true comedy involving a trans woman would also be comedy involving a cis-woman. What then makes it trans comedy? Maybe thats the whole idea though!! Cheap trans jokes are not true comedy, nor are cheap jokes about anyone else. I laugh at myself, but not at things that only happen to trans people, but are things that happen because I have found my true identity and funny that way. OK, maybe the perfect wig hunt could be trans related, and could show the problems related to hair, but Some Like It Hot from my childhood had that in it.