• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good Things In Life

Guest Zabrak

Ok(writes "Edith Hamilton's Mythology" in note pad). Thanks! Maybe I can make a topic about mythology once I get the chance to read it.

I'm tired from going to bed late/getting up early. Schools SO fun I LOVE IT but its tiresome. I want to post more but Zabrak's a little brain dead right now. Although everyones right - IT'S FRIDAY!!! So I'll sleep in tommrow. :lol:

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

• MaryEllen

• Paula ult

It's Friday Night and I am here alone, had some repairs done on the heating and air conditioning sytem and should be depressed - But I'm not! I got a call this afternoon to photograph a banquet and awards dinner tomorrow night - yeah!

Staying even is so much better than falling behind!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Felicia Anne

i went shopping after a long and trying day in class... it sent me right into the waiting arms of a chocolate milkshake, which doesn't do my diet any wonders, but there is something about surrendering to chocolate ice cream and milk, served with whipped cream and a cherry on top... yummy!

but when i was leaving the grocery store, i did two things that made me feel better. first, as i was walking out, i walked past a collection of pink potted flowers, and one of the ones on the floor tipped over. i looked at the flower tipped to the side, and i immediately felt a connection to that flower. i stopped what i was doing, bent down and tended to the little darling. i not only re-scooped the soil and put it high on the shelf, but i opened my bottle of water (the key to successful weight loss, y'know) and gave my little friend a drink. i even cooed and talked to the plant, not caring about the strange looks i was getting.

and second, just before i got to my car, i saw a little toy animal in the parking lot. of course i left my groceries outside of my car as i rushed to the store to make sure that the friendly folks in customer service would know that a child's toy was lost no more. again, a lot of empathy.

on the drive home, i thought about where i am in life. if i was not a loving and caring person, i wouldn't have given that fallen plant a second thought. if i were a rotten or mean spirited person, i would have kicked the toy across the parking lot. but i am neither of those things. i am a women with a heart, and considering how down i have been of late, that simple realization did wonders for me.

if i may ask a favor, i want each and every person reading this to do something kind tomorrow. i challenge you in the name of pink flowers and little animals to do something kind in the world.

Guest Donna Jean
if i may ask a favor, i want each and every person reading this to do something kind tomorrow. i challenge you in the name of pink flowers and little animals to do something kind in the world.

Oh, Felicia Anne..What a wonderful challenge...what a honey you are! (back off, Liz)

You've already got Zabrak thinking of a good deed!

That little plant made it because of you and someone got a toy back! Wonderful!

Ok...I'm up to the task..I love to do these things anyway!

I'll be back with something, too!

You are a real sweetie!

Thanks..

Donna Jean

I almost forgot to post my good deed.

Theres a elderly man who lives in my apartment building - he lives on the first floor because hes in a wheelchair. He was having a really hard time getting his coat on(it was sunny outside but felt cold.) So I offered to help him put it on and he accepted and thanked me. :blush:

I talked to my sister on the phone for about thirty minutes - her husdand was at the store so we had a chance to discuss me. She is trying to get a better handle on what it is all about and try to explain it better to her husband, he knows but is a little uncomfortable talking about it - he's a retired Librarian, he's just uncomfortable talking! :lol: (SSHHHHHHhhhh!)

She is talking to me about my stories and the wonderful people here - I have told them about you (without mentioning any names) - she says that she is not sure if she will ever be able to call me Sally (I'm giving her time on that - It will be easier for her when I am presenting female, calling me Sally that is) but when I told her about the couples that are staying together she said, "That's so great - they really love each other!" She's beginning to get it! I have her support and an actual face to face person we are only 3 hours apart and see each other pretty often now. My ex kept us tied up with her family to the exclusion of mine so we are making up for lost time.

This got pretty long - my sister still loves me!

That covers it!

Love ya,

Sally

This got pretty long - my sister still loves me!

There's no such thing as "too long" for the good stuff. Its always easier (and usually we need the catharsis) to spend lots of time telling what went wrong. I think its healthy for our consciousness to get to realize the good stuff at least as much. Uh oh, I think I just had the lightbulb moment about why Zabrack started the thread.... lol

Guest Elizabeth K

I just had a good weekend that's all - and it was the first day in a while that was almost springlike. And I found out that my blood pressure is as low as it has ever been in my life - HRT help with that? Donno - lots going on with me physically! My therapist said I was one of those few that has good, fast results on HRT - wow. And MARDI GRAS season is here!

Lizzy

I just had a good weekend that's all - and it was the first day in a while that was almost springlike. And I found out that my blood pressure is as low as it has ever been in my life - HRT help with that? Donno - lots going on with me physically! My therapist said I was one of those few that has good, fast results on HRT - wow. And MARDI GRAS season is here!

Lizzy

Lizzy,

Remember you are a lady, a responsible, Mature Matron of Laura's Playground - Do not go out collecting those cheap beads at Mardi Gras - You know how I mean!

Maintain your dignity and keep your top on! :o

Love ya,

Sally

New avatar, again. I think this one is my favorite so far. Takes me awhile to find something I like and want to stick with on every forum I go to it seems..

This one is darth revan but in a black and blue drawing. It's artistic and it has my favorite character.

I'm a happy Zabrak. :lol: This might be my avatar I'll stay with for good.

Each day I wake up, I slowly feminize a little more. That though alone always cheers me up :)

I think that's a great thing to see.

Made me think this morning "My HRT may be slow but everyday I get a bit more manly on the outside."

I think THE ROCK would agree I'm already manly on the inside. B)B)B)

There's good and bad and then good again.

I'm going to my jazz band rehearsal now - that's so good!

I will have to be away from the forums until after 10PM - that's bad!

I'll have a nice Taco dinner with friends after the rehearsal and then come back to the forums - That is great!

What an evening I have in store,

Love ya,

Sally

Bad thing, a horrible storm came raging through Texas and cut our rehearsal short - trying to get home before the hail. :(

No Tacos! :angry:

Drove through some of the hail! :o

Got home and the roof was still on my house! :D

So some good.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Amanda L Richards

You have all done and experienced such wonderful things, makes me feel like my life is boring :blush:

I am focused on feeling me though. Each day since last year even though there are the ups and downs, ((which may be a test of my character) hormones?), I have found that I am feeling more and more like myself. The woman in me is expressing herself stronger and more frequently than before and for longer periods of time. I think the lie is dying. :D

It feeels great, this must be the rewards of being honest with myself. :D

Lotsa luv to all

Amanda LR