• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why do some tgirls say I have to tuck and pee sitting down?

Guest Protoman2050

Guest Protoman2050

Why do some tgirls say I have to tuck and pee sitting down? They say things like I'm not a really a tgirl, and make me feel invalidated. Why do they do that?

One of my friends said "somebody might spot the bulge or see that your feet are facing the wrong way". I said "if someone's looking for those things, there's something wrong with them; they should be focusing on my face or their own business.

Lexi

I suppose it is because that is how most feel more right, more feminine, or just don't want to see/acknowledge that part more than needed.

As for the feet, well for one, to see if a stall is occupied without knocking or pushing on the door which may disturb someone or worse demonstrate the latch is broken when it opens up on the woman using the stall. This is pretty common when the line gets long and people start wondering if all are occupied. Also, depending on stall configuration it may be quite easy to see feet.

To advertise one has a penis by standing and facing the toilet to pee in the ladies room probably isn't the brightest move on the planet in terms of being accepted among women and it is a pretty good way to get one labeled as a perv.

I think the watchword is discretion when it comes to such sensitivities.

Guest nomnomnom

I tuck no matter what. It actually feels better for me that way now.

as for peeing sitting down, standing up can be a nightmare depending on the clothes worn, and sometimes the stream can tend to go in multiple directions, which ain't a pretty site! I just can't be bothered even trying to "aim" any more!

as above, standing up can be a bit of a dead giveaway / reason for some bigoted people to attack your right to be in there.

Guest Protoman2050

I suppose it is because that is how most feel more right, more feminine, or just don't want to see/acknowledge that part more than needed.

As for the feet, well for one, to see if a stall is occupied without knocking or pushing on the door which may disturb someone or worse demonstrate the latch is broken when it opens up on the woman using the stall. This is pretty common when the line gets long and people start wondering if all are occupied. Also, depending on stall configuration it may be quite easy to see feet.

To advertise one has a penis by standing and facing the toilet to pee in the ladies room probably isn't the brightest move on the planet in terms of being accepted among women and it is a pretty good way to get one labeled as a perv.

I think the watchword is discretion when it comes to such sensitivities.

I've never had a problem though. Sometimes I think tgirls forget about how little opeople actually perceive; everyone's too pre-occupied with themselves.

• Forum Moderator

When in the mens do as a man int the women's just sit like the rest. For me it's a matter of respect. When i'm outside working i pee standing but otherwise prefer to sit as it is much less messy. I do not chose to be confrontational as well.

Charlie

• Forum Moderator

Honestly who cares what others say, is'nt this your personal business ? I would'nt let others tell you how to take care of your biological functions or where to place things. As pre-op myself I don't want to seen as a chick with a visable bulge, how gross, so I tuck, it makes me feel better about myself and how I present.

If you go into the ladies room, don't pee like a guy, for heaven sakes, be sensitive to women, the last thing they want to know is.....

Cindy -

Guest Bellexia

Honestly who cares what others say, is'nt this your personal business ? I would'nt let others tell me how to take care of my biological functions or where to place things.

If you go into the ladies room, don't pee like a guy, for heaven sakes, be sensitive to women, the last thing they want to know is.....

Cindy -

I physically can't pee sitting down. I wasn't cursed with a huge penis. *shrugs* Sucks for everyone else I suppose.

• Admin

While I still had my catheter bag, I did not pee sitting down and some women, especially older and with incontinence issues have reasons they stand too. Just raise the seat up when peeing in the stand up position, and then put it down when you leave the stall, leaving the seat up is the bigger male give-away. <6 males in the women's room are notorius for that one.

Tucking is your call, but I would not recommend stuffing your jock strap and wearing skin tight jeans. Un comfortable as hell. Its your personal safety to deal with.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

If you tried this in the south, you'd get a much different reaction. Be thankful you live in CA because this type of behavior would not go over well in other parts of the country.

• Admin

Lexi, you don't seem to be the type of person who cares much about what other people think. If that's so, then don't let it bother you. Everyone has an opinion about just about everything. You're smart enough to know why some transwomen might take exception to your restroom practices, even before you read these responses.

You say it hasn't been a problem for you, peeing standing up in the ladies room. That's great. Lets hope it never will be a problem. But if it ever becomes one, you'll know why, and you shouldn't be surprised by it.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Bellexia

If you tried this in the south, you'd get a much different reaction. Be thankful you live in CA because this type of behavior would not go over well in other parts of the country.

That's why a lot of the recent beatings in the news have been up north *cough baltimore mcdonalds cough*. The south is totally the worst, it couldn't possibly be that all places have people that suck.

It's all about common sense. Yes the OP isn't using it to the fullest but you can go urine without issue most of the time.

Tips for people like me.

1. Go to bathrooms not in super crowded places like walmart. Stick to the ones kinda off towards the back.

2. Flush while you are peeing because pee standing up vs sitting sound different.

3. Use the handicap stall.

Guest chibi_usa

Why do some tgirls say I have to tuck and pee sitting down? They say things like I'm not a really a tgirl, and make me feel invalidated. Why do they do that?

One of my friends said "somebody might spot the bulge or see that your feet are facing the wrong way". I said "if someone's looking for those things, there's something wrong with them; they should be focusing on my face or their own business.

Lexi

Just wondering what do you mean your feet are facing the wrong way? Confused O.o

Guest KerryUK

I wanted to say that I pee sitting down and I tuck - I have done so for quite a few years now. Why? Because born girls don't have a bulge in their pants and 'most' girls sit to pee. So, to feel more like the girl I am - I do what born girls do. If I had been born with the female body I crave, I would not have a bulge in my pants and I would sit/squat to pee. Simple.

I don't believe in telling anybody how they should act. I do believe in saying though - that how you act when in (your chosen gender) toilets can affect how you may be treated in a moment of doubt by others in the same toilets. So in the event that somebody is doubting you, if you are acting like one of them - there is less chance of confrontation. Stand like a man to pee, they will believe you are a man. Sit like a girl, they will be none the wiser and probably leave you alone.

Lexi

Just wondering what do you mean your feet are facing the wrong way? Confused O.o

Facing the wrong way as in feet pointed towards the toilet/back wall standing to pee verses facing away from toilet towards stall door if one is sitting or squatting//hovering to pee.

With all the fighting for bathroom rights lately....maybe this could be part of the cause for the trans activists, to fight for trans women who haven't had SRS to stand up to pee in the ladies room even with the door open. While at it, why not fight for male urinals be put in ladies rooms for those who have the anatomy to use them.

I guess it is probably a late suggestion since I am sure that is the next thing to fight for once access is unquestioningly secured.

• Forum Moderator

The last thing on earth I would want in my area is someone using the women's restroom standing with feet pointing at the toilet because then people are going to start thinking about all that being trans means in a way they so far have not. Because I never use the bathroom any place which would make them question or wonder. Maybe some day when they are so used to me as a guy that they forgot-but not now. It is also a matter of respect for the feelings of others. I use family or any single occupant and nothing else here in my small town. In the city it's a different matter pf course and I routinely use the mens. Women's is now out of the question for me. Most convenience stores etc have single occupant restrooms so you can find a place when you really need it.

And people do notice what way feet are pointing. It's so odd and out of place you can't help but notice. Once heard someone calling for security in a big store when I was traveling because the woman had seen exactly that and was scared. You will find women do mind each other's business in a restroom in ways men do not.

It hurts our acceptance and brings up issues we have to fight where there are so many others better focused on. When someone stands to pee that way in a women's restroom they are in effect rubbing people's noses in their trans status as far as many are concerned. All the worst of the old stereotypes come up.. And that is always counter productive. We want others to realize the ways we are alike instead of focusing on the ways we differ.

Johnny

Guest Megan_Lynn

Like Bellexia says not everyone is able to effectively pee sitting down. My issue is more of a when I tuck the piece of skin that holds the baby makers gets warm and hangs down very far when sitting to pee getting seriously in the way. Add that to the fact my other dangle bit's desire to literally crawl its way inside me when not in use and it spells disaster when trying to sit to pee. The fact that there are two types of dangle bits one can have a grower or a show'er. If you are a show'er it will be tremendously easier to sit a pee then if your a grower. Because of my issue's I avoid public restrooms like the plague. I have been on hrt for almost 5 years and appearance wise female for last 3 plus years but in that time I may have at most been in a female restroom 5 times if that. If there is not a family restroom I hold it because I just will not chance having any problems with anyone over restroom use.

With this said I do feel if you are presenting as female you should be doing as they do in the restroom or do not use them at all. Standing to pee especially the opposite direction of a bio woman only hurts other trans people trying to blend in. the last thing we need is anyone hurt our case more then the average bigot does.

As far as tucking yes it is a personal choice but also remember woman do not have a bulge down there. People will look there regardless. Woman will be sizing up the cloths you are wearing and yes they will be see your crotch in doing so. Many men will also look there especially if they are anything like my sexist perv dad is.

You do not have to do anything you do not want to do but remember if you are trying to be the part act the part.

These are my opinions on the matter take them or leave them you choice.

Lexi

Your friend is correct, if i saw someones feet facing the toilet it would raise my suspicion, people do look to see if a stall is occupied by looking to see if they can see feet underneath, especially if the stall door is closed, i do that myself. A man standing urinating sounds different than a women sitting, if your goal is to be a rebel and do as you please without trying to fit in you have only yourself to blame if something happens.

Paula

Guest Bellexia

So much dumb in this thread. Just so much that it physically hurts. I bow out. No reasoning with the facetiousness, the "no true scotsmen" stuff, the "asking for it" crap. That's the community I want to help. The one that would throw me under the bus so fast if something happened because I had to pee and yet use me as a posterchild if I became famous or something. A community of convenience.

Guest LizMarie

With all the fighting for bathroom rights lately....maybe this could be part of the cause for the trans activists, to fight for trans women who haven't had SRS to stand up to pee in the ladies room even with the door open. While at it, why not fight for male urinals be put in ladies rooms for those who have the anatomy to use them.

I guess it is probably a late suggestion since I am sure that is the next thing to fight for once access is unquestioningly secured.

So what are you actually saying, Drea? A transwoman who has not had SRS should use the men's room? Is that your argument?

If it's not, then what exactly are you trying to say?

Guest Protoman2050

So much dumb in this thread. Just so much that it physically hurts. I bow out. No reasoning with the facetiousness, the "no true scotsmen" stuff, the "asking for it" crap. That's the community I want to help. The one that would throw me under the bus so fast if something happened because I had to pee and yet use me as a posterchild if I became famous or something. A community of convenience.

I've noticed that too. Seriously, this is why I'd be quite happy to be a TS adult actress...I'm proud of not conforming. If someone has a problem with me, they can tell me. Seriously, does ANYONE actually care about how someone pees? Is it that critical? Some women have penises, and use them to their full extent.

So what are you actually saying, Drea? A transwoman who has not had SRS should use the men's room? Is that your argument?

If it's not, then what exactly are you trying to say?

I thought my statement was pretty clear. Nowhere in that have I stated of inferred trans women who haven't had SRS should use the men's room.

Guest Seanna

Drea,

I just had to share this with my wife and she would like me to convey a high five to you. Very well put, I really enjoy reading your posts.

Since I'm posting, I suppose I should chime in on the topic as a whole. I believe that everybody has a right to do what makes them comfortable, as long as it doesn't significantly interfere with another person's comfort. This is obviously a thin line to walk, especially as a trans person, and sometimes you have to cross over it a little in the pursuit of basic human rights, but there IS such a thing as going too far. If you prefer to stand, that is your business, not mine or anyone else's, but doing so in a multi-occupant public women's restroom makes it other people's business. I find it highly inappropriate, not to mention a bit creepy. Take a moment to think about how that might make a mother feel if she's in there with her daughter. I'm not questioning your character or "transness", but said random mother doesn't know you and it would be reasonable for her to assume the worst.

Just my two cents.

<3 Sheala

Guest angels wings

I've noticed that too. Seriously, this is why I'd be quite happy to be a TS adult actress...I'm proud of not conforming. If someone has a problem with me, they can tell me. Seriously, does ANYONE actually care about how someone pees? Is it that critical? Some women have penises, and use them to their full extent.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

Really we need to know that ?

Angel