• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why do some tgirls say I have to tuck and pee sitting down?

Guest Protoman2050

Guest Protoman2050

So much dumb in this thread. Just so much that it physically hurts. I bow out. No reasoning with the facetiousness, the "no true scotsmen" stuff, the "asking for it" crap. That's the community I want to help. The one that would throw me under the bus so fast if something happened because I had to pee and yet use me as a posterchild if I became famous or something. A community of convenience.

I've noticed that too. Seriously, this is why I'd be quite happy to be a TS adult actress...I'm proud of not conforming. If someone has a problem with me, they can tell me. Seriously, does ANYONE actually care about how someone pees? Is it that critical? Some women have penises, and use them to their full extent.

Really we need to know that ?

Angel

No.

Guest Tamar

I think your t friends might be encouraging you to "blend in",because they care about you and your safety. If you don't, then pee any which way makes you happy.

Guest Protoman2050

I think your t friends might be encouraging you to "blend in",because they care about you and your safety. If you don't, then pee any which way makes you happy.

I do blend in. Nobody has ever challenged me when I use the ladies'.

Guest KimberlyF

This one seems to be a no brainer.

It's difficult for anyone to tell anyone else they have to do anything.

With that said, you are responsible for your actions and the consequences of those actions.

Every human on this planet is different. Most follow rules and do what is socially acceptable to get along. As an example-Many decent people will go home hungry from a party rather than be seen taking the last piece of chicken. Maybe someone needs that more than me? But some will rush to the front of the line at the start and take half the chicken and not bat an eye. And we make judgements on these actions.

Guest Protoman2050

With all the fighting for bathroom rights lately....maybe this could be part of the cause for the trans activists, to fight for trans women who haven't had SRS to stand up to pee in the ladies room even with the door open. While at it, why not fight for male urinals be put in ladies rooms for those who have the anatomy to use them.

I guess it is probably a late suggestion since I am sure that is the next thing to fight for once access is unquestioningly secured.

Drea,

I just had to share this with my wife and she would like me to convey a high five to you. Very well put, I really enjoy reading your posts.

Since I'm posting, I suppose I should chime in on the topic as a whole. I believe that everybody has a right to do what makes them comfortable, as long as it doesn't significantly interfere with another person's comfort. This is obviously a thin line to walk, especially as a trans person, and sometimes you have to cross over it a little in the pursuit of basic human rights, but there IS such a thing as going too far. If you prefer to stand, that is your business, not mine or anyone else's, but doing so in a multi-occupant public women's restroom makes it other people's business. I find it highly inappropriate, not to mention a bit creepy. Take a moment to think about how that might make a mother feel if she's in there with her daughter. I'm not questioning your character or "transness", but said random mother doesn't know you and it would be reasonable for her to assume the worst.

Just my two cents.

<3 Sheala

What ever happened to "don't be nosy"? If anyone tried to stop me in California, I just say "Speak to the manager; I'm a transwoman and the law's on my side." Which it is in California and Leeds.

Guest Seanna

What ever happened to "don't be nosy"? If anyone tried to stop me in California, I just say "Speak to the manager; I'm a transwoman and the law's on my side." Which it is in California and Leeds.

Chances are somebody is going to notice and it doesn't require their "being nosy". Others in this thread pointed out ways that it could be noticed accidentally, so I won't bother.

In the end, it all comes down to respect. If you're going to demand respect from others, it helps to show a little yourself.

~Sheala

Guest Tamar

Ok. Let me break it down a bit more. When some big dude with steel toed boots is busy kicking your head for being in the same bathroom as his eight year old daughter, your knowledge of.the law is not going to help you much.

You say its never happened.

I say you're lucky.

Whatever, its your life. Live it as you choose.

• Admin

Here in good old Calif, even with the law on our side, the problem is that rights have duties equal to the rights in weight and scope.

It is not the use of a right that gets us in trouble, its the breach of the duty that gets us a pair of bracelets for several hours. Even natal women can cause enough comotion in a rest room by snippy behavior, or behavior that disturbs the peace to get arrested.

Being Trans is a defense, but not a perfect one without a bunch of backup that you will have to make. If the court thinks your claim of being trans is unsupported by your evidence, which gender playing could well present, a variety of charges could really make the rest of your life miserable. I do not know the full list of possible charges, but make a ruckus go to jail! They may not fine you or give you jail time but the experience of a ride in the cop car and a few hours in jail waiting to be booked and cited for a court date is no fun. -- One example -- alcohol in your system and a snappy mouth can lead to public intoxication charges, and those are not subject to a trans defense.

Guest Protoman2050

I have documentation that I am trans that I keep on me. How am I causing commotion by simply standing? If anything, the other lady would be the one that started the problem. I would just walk out if someone tried to start a fight over it.

Seriously, whatever happened to a polite society that doesn't get involved in matters that don't concern you. Have we forgotten that?

And as for the man kicking my head in? That's not a man. That's an oaf, and he should be concerned for the example he's setting for his daughter that it's okay to hurt people who aren't like them. And I carry pepper spray.

• Root Admin

Okay. That's enough with the insults and beligerency. Tone it down

Guest Protoman2050

Okay. That's enough with the insults and beligerency. Tone it down

Why is this topic so touchy? I hate it when people try to invalidate me by saying that I can't do things in the way that makes me most comfortable, just because I'm trans.

Guest chibi_usa

With all the fighting for bathroom rights lately....maybe this could be part of the cause for the trans activists, to fight for trans women who haven't had SRS to stand up to pee in the ladies room even with the door open. While at it, why not fight for male urinals be put in ladies rooms for those who have the anatomy to use them.

I guess it is probably a late suggestion since I am sure that is the next thing to fight for once access is unquestioningly secured.

Ahaha that'd be a bit weird (Urinals in ladies bathroom). But I think that if a person wants to stand up, it should be ok.

• Admin

OK, this thread has run its course. Lexi, you have had your say, everyone else has had theirs, and no one is changing their minds. You asked in the OP why your friends take offense. Based on the response here, I think you now know why. I see no reason to continue this discussion, so this thread is locked, unless and until MaryEllen thinks otherwise in the morning. Have a great night, everyone.

Carolyn Marie

• Root Admin

Pushing an "in your face" attitude is not an effective means of resolving issues. This thread has run its course and will remain closed.

MaryEllen