• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Really nervous about upcomming hearing.

Guest Sarah Faith

• Forum Moderator

I want to wish you the best of luck Sarah, and look forward to your happy post afterwards...

Hugs

Cindy -

BTW - right behind ya

Guest NatashaJade

Don't sweat it (she says having sweated it plenty). No one there is judging you, not even the judge.

Do yourself a favor and find out where the Social Security office is. Go there straight from the courthouse, take care of that first thing. Then find a nice restaurant in the vicinity and celebrate.

I had a great judge. When I showed her the paperwork she replied that I must have had it filled out by the local LGBT center (which I did). She signed the papers and I was on my way. I went in at 9 and out before noon.

BTW I was the first one called. Not only was my name changed, my gender was changed too. I even got to change my birth certificate. The only document now that I can't change my gender is Social Security. That won't happen until after GRS.

Jenny

Guest Sarah Faith

I just wanted to say good luck honey, and from what others are saying it will be over in a flash.

Thanks Kayla and everyone else. :)

Don't sweat it (she says having sweated it plenty). No one there is judging you, not even the judge.

Do yourself a favor and find out where the Social Security office is. Go there straight from the courthouse, take care of that first thing. Then find a nice restaurant in the vicinity and celebrate.

I'm sure it'll be far less then I imagine! I always imagine the worst possible things that could happen not a huuuge fan of the unexpected. Either way yeah I'm sure it'll be fine just waiting another 2 weeks is going to be nerve racking.

Already planned on heading to the Social Security office, I'm sure that'll mean waiting in line for 2 hours since it'll be a friday lol.

Thanks for your thoughts Jade! :)

I had a great judge. When I showed her the paperwork she replied that I must have had it filled out by the local LGBT center (which I did). She signed the papers and I was on my way. I went in at 9 and out before noon.

BTW I was the first one called. Not only was my name changed, my gender was changed too. I even got to change my birth certificate. The only document now that I can't change my gender is Social Security. That won't happen until after GRS.

Jenny

Well, Ive submitted all the required paperwork that I know of the court clerk said I was good to go, Colorado requires SRS for a birth certificate change, and that is a year or two down the road at least.. I already have the paperwork for my gender marker change ready to go, just need my court ordered name change so I can get it all changed..

I'm still also not sure if they will require me to post the name change in the paper, Im pretty sure they will but the clerk said that it would be up to the discretion of the judge.. So I'll let everyone know how it goes. Still about 12 days away though.

Hugs,

Sarah

Guest JeepGirl90

Being someone who has gone through this, I will say I was a nervous wreck, even moreso the weeks after the court date while they were doing the background checks, and after everything was said and done, It actually went pretty smoothly, but I can relate! Best of luck to you

-Christina

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Billie De

Sarah,

Never heard.. How did it go.. Did they grant you your new name. (Or at least the Public Notice part)

Mine was Postponed till mid August due to I have to Mail out a few letters.. I wasn't always this calm and collect girl and ended up getting in a bit of trouble 25 years ago so I have a few more hoops I need to jump through to satisfy the courts.

Guest Sarah Faith

Hmm I could have sworn I had given an update on this! Yeah it was pretty painless judge just called me right up to the bench and talked to me privately, he was super sweet and wished me all the luck in the world with all of this said he signed the papers yesterday. It has to be published 3 times in the paper its already been published once so just this week and next week, then I'll get my proof of publication and then they'll give me my final decree! :) So about 10 days or so I think.

Annnyways went really well. :)

Hugs,

Sarah

Guest Sarah Faith

Yeah, somewhere.. though no biggie I was gonna update here too I've just been busy the last several days to actually do it lol. :)