• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Giving off vibes while in male persona?

Guest DianeATL

Guest DianeATL

Just for reference, I am early in figuring this transition out, not on HRT or anything like that yet.

I probably am just hoping and there's nothing to it but I wonder if I give off some fem vibes now even when in male persona? I am constantly working on how I sit, my mannerisms, and such that I can work on even while dressed male. Sometimes I wonder if people can actually sense the woman in me. Couple of examples in the last 24 hours.

Last night at dinner with my wife, she picked the wine so they poured the taste for her. But then instead of filling her glass first, the waiter filled mine. Not a big deal but I smiled as he treated me like the woman at the table.

Today I was at the nail salon and instead of getting my nails cut short, I asked her to just shape them. I explained that they were breaking and splitting a lot but I started taking Biotin to strengthen them and felt like they were getting better. Then I complimented her on her nail color and she told me it was a gel and asked if I wanted to try it. In the past someone might have joked about giving me hot pink nails or something but this time she was dead serious, did not crack a smile or laugh it off at all and was dead serious about me getting gel nails. My heart skipped a beat a little bit as I told her not today but let me think about it, maybe on a future visit. I didn't laugh it off either and left the door open.

Maybe my smooth arms and legs are outing me to the nail salon girls. I need to learn Vietnamese to find out for sure. ;-)

Guest Melissa~

The salon girls have likely run into gender variance before. My salon certainly had. Without me telling them, at one point they just quipped up "so how is transition going?"

• Forum Moderator

I find that I must be giving off fem vibes all the time as I am often getting feedback which a male would not expect. I think to a large extent this is because I am not really changing, just being me - I have no great wish to physically change (although would be nice to look more feminine). I don't think it is really to do with how you look but that will give obvious clues (my white legs have been noticed). How you feel and project yourself will make the big difference. If you feel the part you are likely to be subconciously living it and will naturally appear so.

Guest DianeATL

I find that I must be giving off fem vibes all the time as I am often getting feedback which a male would not expect. I think to a large extent this is because I am not really changing, just being me - I have no great wish to physically change (although would be nice to look more feminine). I don't think it is really to do with how you look but that will give obvious clues (my white legs have been noticed). How you feel and project yourself will make the big difference. If you feel the part you are likely to be subconciously living it and will naturally appear so.

Good point, even not dressed I am starting to be me more and feeling happier and more outgoing with my real persona showing through so I am subconciously living it most of the time now.

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Diane,

I am very happy that you are feeling so comfortable.

You may also want to do some research on Gel Nails before you have it done.

Lately, in the news there have been some medical issues resulting from Gel Nail both from keeping your hands under UV light and also removing the Gel often damages the nails as there is a lot of hard scraping to remove the Gel.

My Nail Salon Techs were Korean.

I have since learned how to do my own Mani's and Pedi's and find it very relaxing as I am doing it.

I pride myself with keeping my nails in excellent shape and I also use a Bright Red Nail Polish.

People are always complimenting me on my nails and the color.

It is a Great conversation starter. If you look at some of my photos in the Gallery you can see my Bright Red Nails.

Unfortunately, I can only relate from being Full-Time.

We all Support, Care for, and Love You and want to see you Happy, Healthy and Transition Safely. :wub:

Hugs,

Carla

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kayla86

I've been noticing this too as well at work that my true self is bleeding through into my male persona.

I say different things, act more comfortable around the female coworkers than previously before, and they act more comfortable around me.

Its like I exude some magical (non-male) essence from my being now. No idea Oh my goodness causes it but its there for sure! I definitely see what you mean!

Thanks for sharing your story!

<3 Kayla

Guest DianeATL

Sometimes I really have to fight to hold it in and try to remain butch. The other day I told one of the young ladies I was working with that she was wearing a really "cute top". What guy says that? At least I didn't also tell her I was envious of her heels (but I was they were fabulous).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Elizabeth1974

I know for along time the girl in me his been trying to get out and would from time to time and it was something I would get joked about but that's okay I laughed to. Now that I have excepted what is, the girl comes out all the time now I just smile and say you go girl to myself.

Yes it does feel nice as our male slips away. There is a slight double edge sword. Back in the day (so funny as for me it wasn't so long ago) and today from guys that know of my story, guys know I am not really interested in boys so they know I'm not Gay for them. I am in the middle of my girl friends laughing and talking and just being girls. They invade the conversation just being guys, the whole tone of our conversations change. When they step back and the girl gab starts again, I get they give off a strong vibe that they resent me for being one of the girl club and they get treated differently. Sorry fellas I'm a girl, that's the way the world goes round. Women of all walks of life only have to interact with me, they see I'm not really a guy at all, never really was. Thank God we can drop the act. Giggle.Hug. JodyAnn

PS; in defence of the fellas, I do know some really cool guys that are gentleman. They make me feel comfortable and respected as a lady. That feels nice too. JA