• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Lost 45 lbs in 10 weeks

Guest Syriann Alex

Guest Syriann Alex

Hi everyone, I would like to share how I lost 45 lbs in 10 weeks pre-hrt..

I started pretty high at 322, with a daily caloric intake of about 3300 cal. To lose 1 lbs, you need to use 3500 cal. less than what your maintaining intake is.

I looked at my target weight on the girl BMI chart, which would be 170.. this is my lifetime goal .. to maintain this weight, one must consume 1600 cal. daily.

Thus my diet is not as much a diet as learning to eat this amount of calories, choosing foods that will fill me up rather than just taste delicious and have no benefits.

To ensure metabolism functions, i spread out my food in 5 small meals of 300 cals.

Every morning I go to the YMCA and swim 100 laps (1 1/4 miles) in less than 1 hour.. this burns about 950 calories each time.

I plan on keeping up with the pool daily until december .. by then i hope to have reached as close to 200 as possible and start HRT then.. keep swimming and lose the remaining weight over the next year.

Congratulations on your success Syriann Alex.

Welcome to LP.

I noticed this was your first post here.

Try to work your way over to the Introductions Forum and Post an introduction.

This way a few of us can welcome you on board.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Hi everyone, I would like to share how I lost 45 lbs in 10 weeks pre-hrt..

I started pretty high at 322, with a daily caloric intake of about 3300 cal. To lose 1 lbs, you need to use 3500 cal. less than what your maintaining intake is.

I looked at my target weight on the girl BMI chart, which would be 170.. this is my lifetime goal .. to maintain this weight, one must consume 1600 cal. daily.

Thus my diet is not as much a diet as learning to eat this amount of calories, choosing foods that will fill me up rather than just taste delicious and have no benefits.

To ensure metabolism functions, i spread out my food in 5 small meals of 300 cals.

Every morning I go to the YMCA and swim 100 laps (1 1/4 miles) in less than 1 hour.. this burns about 950 calories each time.

I plan on keeping up with the pool daily until december .. by then i hope to have reached as close to 200 as possible and start HRT then.. keep swimming and lose the remaining weight over the next year.

That's really cool that you become so motivated. Just be careful about the rate of weight loss. Losing too much weight too quickly is not healthy either. Your body has to have time to adjust. Weight Watchers recommends losing about 2 pounds a week after the first three weeks. Also there will be another problem you probably haven't thought about, and that is your abdominal skin stretched. You will eventually have extra skin you will need to deal with. Losing weight at a slower rate should help the skin adjust to a degree. Stretch marks are not fun.

Still, I'm happy you are losing weight. Losing weight too fast is still better than keeping it on.

Love,

Jenny

Guest DianeATL

Way to go. Steady excercise and a reasonable calorie intake is the secret sauce for sure.

I'm impressed by your swimming. I just do 60 laps and I thought that was a lot. Keep it up girl, it will do more than get you ready for SRS, it will help you live longer.

Diane

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Syriann,

Congratulations on your weight loss.

I have to also agree with Jennifer, When I lost 90 lbs in 3 months it left me with extra skin that did not shrink.

We all Support, Care for, and Love You and want to see you Happy, Healthy and Transition Safely. :wub:

Hugs,

Carla

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Having lost a couple of hundred pounds myself and kept it off for a year now I have a couple of suggestions. One is to find a way you want to eat forever because having been heavier changes your body permanently and it means we have to watch how we eat forever, I really enjoy the way I eat now and don't ever want to or plan to change. Besides I know I can't eat like those around me without regaining because I have these thousands of empty fat cells they don't that will always be eager to refill. I also planned for how I would exercise and live after the weight loss. Exercise for me at least is the only way I can keep my metabolism up and keep the weight off. In a way learning to keep it off has been harder than losing. And people are less supportive -when I was big and losing they were fine when I wouldn't join them in a desert or have a piece of the cake they baked. Now it's like "You look great and there is no reason not to "

Losing weight feels fantastic and takes a lot of discipline-I am very happy for you. It's a good idea to have a checkup if you haven't just to be sure that no health conditions emerge and that you end up healthy and feeling great as you want.

Johnny

Guest Syriann Alex

thats what the daily 1-1/4 mile is there for .. keeping as much of the flab off.. losing 150 lbs is gonna leave ppl with "some" extra skin i fear thats inevitable.. can be reduced tho.. aaanyways ;p thanks for the encouragements

Guest Sarah Faith

this time 4 years ago I was just starting to lose weight my self. I started off at 350 pounds but I have been very careful to burn it slowly over the course of a few years, like you though the first portion came off very quickly. one thing to remember though is that if you are burning 950 calories with a workout and consuming only 1600 calories that means by the end of the day you are going on 650 calories to feed the functions outside of your work out. That can be very dangerous especially if you plummet from a 3300 calorie diet a day. I burn nearly 1000 calories a day my self on a work out, but I finish my day at 1400-1600 total for the day meaning I am consuming anywhere from 2200, to 2400 calories per day.. So you subtract the 900 I burn from 2400 and that puts me at 1500 a day.

I think it is wonderful that you have lost but remember to do so safely! Caloric intake is not a fixed number. You need to adjust consumption vs calories burned so that you are not actually losing muscle weight instead of body fat. Soo congrats but remember to be healthy!

Sarah

Guest chibi_usa

I don't know if this works for everyone or if it's just working for me. I'm a total junkie and I never excercise. After drinking green tea for a week (Kirkland/Costco) I lost 1-2 lb everyday. It's my second week right now. And I lost 6 lb. ._."" pretty weird. And I'm hrt.

Guest Syriann Alex

Green tea is known to help in weight loss/weight control.. lots of the things you can buy related to weight loss contain green tea extract

• 4 months later...
Guest April Kristie

WOW! Sweet, you Syriaan and Sarah rock! I am enthralled, and that is what this forum is all about. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great way of living!