• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I had a date tonight...I think?

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
I had a date tonight. Well I think it was a date. It might have been a date. I'm not entirely sure.

I met one of my Twitter followers tonight. He drove down from Charlotte to Rock Hill SC to meet me and have dinner. I tweeted to him that I was there and was asking where he was. He said he was inside, which is odd because I didn't see anyone around. Turns out he went to the wrong Denny's and was like 20-30 minutes away. He hauled butt down to where I was and I gave him a hug to show I wasn't mad or anything. (I really wasn't, it was no big deal but he kept apologizing).

We talked...A LOT. Mostly about World of Warcraft because that's our common bond, but we talked about a few other things as well. I made him laugh, he made me laugh. When it was time for the check, the waitress asked 1 check or 2 and I looked at him as if to say "I dunno, dude, what do you wanna do?" He said one check and then whipped out his credit card and told the waitress to go ahead and take care of it. I didn't even see what the total was. Then we talked some more. Then we walked out to his car and talked some more. One more hug while saying goodbye and he drove back up to Charlotte and I walked back to my truck and headed south to Columbia.

Of the 3 dates I've been on over the last year, year and a half, he's the only guy I wouldn't hesitate to say 'yes' to if he wanted to go on a second date. After the date we tweeted back and forth, I sent him my phone # (I never do that!) and I guess in his eyes it was just a 'meeting' and wouldn't call it a date so quickly. Seemed like a date to me, plus he paid so...yeah.

But anyway, I had a really nice time! :)

• Admin

:dunno::doh1::dunno:

Sounds great Lizzy, but I dunno about calling Denny's a hot date spot!!!

The ones out here you don't want to think about or go back to without a gallon of Pepto Bismol.

• Forum Moderator

I would call it a date - sounds a very nice evening - I'm pleased for you

Tracy x

I don't know how it works with trucks, you went to his car,,,so maybe not relevant...not like going back to his place where he likely (especially after paying) would have expected you to put-out....seems no faux-pas that way....sounds cool overall.

• Forum Moderator

That sounds like a date to me and a nice guy as well. Let us know if you get to the second date. It sounds like you share at least enough to have something to talk about and that's a good start.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

(Some comedian put it this way: "No one goes to Denny's. You end up at Denny's.)

Lol, that's Jeanne Robertson. Very funny lady, and clean comedy. :)

• Admin

It might not have been uber romantic, Lizzie, but it sounds like a very lovely time. It involved a hug, laughter, good conversation and good feelings on both sides. Whatever you want to call it, I'd call it a success.

:thumbsup:

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Carla_Davis

It sounds like a date to me.

I hope to hear more from you about your next "Date" with him.

I hope he calls you soon so as not to keep you in suspense about how he felt being with you.

Hugs,

Carla

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I hope he calls you soon so as not to keep you in suspense about how he felt being with you.

I hope he does, too! This waiting game is killing me and is making my mind think of a billion possibilities why he isn't when he's had time to do other things today. I started to turn into crazy psycho stalker girl so I had to step away and do other stuff but I do check on twitter and look at my phone periodically in case he did decide to text or send a message, of which he still hasn't. He must be going by the old "wait a few days or she'll think you're desperate" dating rules...

Guest amanda_s

I would say you had a date. you are doing a lot better than me they only ask for sex or play games(send one or 2 emails and then gone) which sucks but whatever. i have suspended my profiles as night shift is going to go for at least another month and can go as long as mid november its 3 months right now :( good luck

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Date, shmate. He hasn't contacted me since that night. This would make 4 days.

I already spent the first 24 hours wondering if he'd call or text.

Spent the following 24 hours wondering why he hasn't called or texted.

Spent the next following 24 hours periodically checking in to see if he contacted me.

Day 4: debated unfollowing him on Twitter.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Needless to say, I'm over it and over him. He's been busy on Twitter, just not responding to me or commenting on any of my activity.

So yeah, boys are dumb and it's his loss, not mine.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

The plot thickens! I finally had enough and just straight up sent him a direct message on Twitter saying "hey, um, why haven't I heard from you in Saturday?" and pretty much made him answer. Well I got an answer. Boy was it a doozy, but it was insightful.

First he told me he felt uncomfortable when I referred to our meeting as a "hot date". He felt it put too much pressure on him and it made him uncomfortable. Now I wonder if he felt obligated to pay for dinner that night? He also told me he's been a big ball of fear and stress ever since losing his job so in that regard I'm thinking maybe he didn't want his personal situation and circumstances to affect our friendship.

Then he told me he's been working on his social anxiety so meeting people in person is actually very hard for him. I commented how I had no idea he had social anxiety because he jumped at the opportunity to meet me so I didn't think anything of it. During our time together there were no awkward pauses, no breaks in the conversation, nothing that indicated to me he had any kind of social anxiety so that kind of threw me.

But for now because of his circumstances, I think he has me friend-zoned. That just leaves me open to keep dating and meeting new people in my travels so that's fine with me. I wanted to say that if we did get together, he would be the envy of all the little gamer nerdboys at Game Stop but I don't want him reading too much into that so I'm just going to keep that comment to myself.

So once again, time to hoist the sail and push off shore into the great big sea of dating, cast my net and see what I catch next. :)

• Forum Moderator

Good fishing dear. i'm sure you will get a great haul just by being you.

Hugs,

Charlie