• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

name at work

Guest Alexthecat

Guest Alexthecat

So I've been at my job for awhile (will be a year in Oct) All of my co workers and managers have been great about getting my name right, except for my one manager John. For some reason he sees my birth name on the paper and associates that with me. All the others have had no problem with calling me Alex. They even call me Alex the first time we meet, I've never had to explain who I was to any new manager we got. Do note that they don't know I'm trans, though if they were smart they would suspect it.

The other day when John got it wrong I was like "if you keep messing my name up I'll start calling you Betty, then you will know how I feel". He just laughed and walked away.

• 2 months later...
Guest ChefErik93

good to know that the majority of people at you job respect your transition and your new name. unfortunately you are going to have that one that will take some extra work. hopefully calling him Becky a time or two will snap him into it. that was quite funny by the way. i would be careful so that you don't come off as rude...but he does need to start being correct.

good luck,

Erik

• Admin

It's hard to figure why the manager is having such a tough time with that, unless he is just trying to get your goat, or thinks he's being funny. Have you tried asking him why? Perhaps then he'll have to explain himself. It might be a better tactic than playing the game by his rules.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Alexthecat

Oh it's been awhile since I posted this. He mostly gets it right now, an occassional slip up but he catches himself most of the time. Usually sounds out a SSSSSS then says Alex.

• Admin

LOL! I didn't even notice the date on the original post. Well, I'm glad things have changed for the better. Good deal!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie