• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

BORING and LOVING IT!

Guest DianeATL

Guest DianeATL

Today I have had the most ho hum day,but it has been so great because Diane was boring.

First, it turned cold here so I dressed in jeans and my new boots, a long sleeve plain top and a leather jacket. I did not even put on lipstick but instead just used a gloss. I was dressing down.

My first stop was my bank. I had started cleaning out my closet to make room for more Diane clothes and one of the projects was to get rid of a big ol baggie full of loose change. So I rolled it all (nearly $200) and took it to bank to deposit it in my new account that has Diane on the debit card. My banker is also my best GG friend so she let me sit at her desk and took it to the teller line and make the deposit for me. Some of the tellers recognized me from walking with them at Pride and sent back hello's. The branch manager also recognized me and waved and smiled. First Diane trip to the bank - Success.

Then I stopped by Marshall's and managed to spend all of that deposit and more. I had to go to changing room a couple of times and the lady managing it was sweet and when I got my number card from her and asked where do I go, she pointed me to the ladies area of course. Everything fit great and I got some cute new stuff for fall. Since this is really my first year, every season I have nothing to wear and have to stock up (I hate that ;-))

Then to the car wash where I waited with a few other ladies and couple of men for my car to be cleaned. I noticed that the other women were dressed very similar to me so that made me feel good.

Off to Goodwill for bargain hunting where I got a super cute top, a red belt, and a killer purse, all under $20 total. The only downside was the cashier saying how are you doing man - but I took it to be a generic man or pretended it was Ma'am.

From there I stopped at my favorite cafe and had a cosmo and a chicken salad plate al fresco. The waiter remembered me and noted I was wearing boots today instead of my normal heels.

My cats needed food and liter so I stopped at the Pet supply and picked those up then went next door to the grocery store to cash in my winning lottery ticket (a whopping $4).

When I got back to my condo building, I didn't change back to manly even though it was the middle of the afternoon. I carried my purchases up to my unit.

I doubt you are still reading because this is the most trivial and mundane story ever. That's the point. Except for the cafe, every one of these stops was a new Real Life Experience for me, back to back. Most of my experiences have been clubbing or partying but today was the most normal and average day a lady could have and I did it and I loved it. I had never been to any of these stores or car wash before as Diane but now they are old hat to me.

For me this was a "real" real life experience day. Now off to a Halloween party tonight - they have an Egyptian Temple bar theme so I am going as Cleopatra. ;-) Dressing as Cleopatra qualifies as Real Life Experience right?

• Forum Moderator

I hope you have an evening as Cleopatra to match your day. What fun to be alive as us. Getting accepted at the bank whenever i go in keeps me away from the drive in. I love the tellers there as they are always kind.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Rebecca A

That's awesome Diane, I'm soo happy for you. It does feel great to just be you, normal, boring you, not like it's a big thing all the time, you just want to live your life, and it sounds like you're doing it.

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Diane,

Congratulations on such a Wonderful day. :goodjob:

I wish you many more "Boring" days.

As I have posted in another Post, being Trans should not be hard, only "normal".

I wish You Continued Success and Happiness on your Wonderful Journey.

You are doing so well.

Hugs,

Carla

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

It was all those boring days spent as myself that kept me motivated to keep going. Every day I thought "this is incredible, I'm living my life the way I want, in my chosen gender, and nobody cares!" :)

• Admin

Just watch out for snakes if you are doing Cleo!! You beginners have all the boring fun, some of the rest of us just get the really boring stuff.

Guest DianeATL

Cleopatra

Well Cleopatra had a great time at the party. We crashed at a friends house so I would not have to drive 40 minutes at 4 in the morning. I took a change of clothes so I didn't have go to breakfast as Cleopatra, just a bit scruffy doing the walk of shame. ;-)

I got home and changed into my yoga pants and pink sleeved under armor shirt that says on the back "She's a fighter" (for breast cancer). I'm a fighter too. I realized that I now have been me for 24 hours straight. I have the opportunity to continue another 3 days so I am going to do it. Nothing male for a total of 4 days. I will not hide when I come and go from my building or make last minute changes in the car, for these 4 days i am 24 hours a day presenting in my real gender. I am pretty excited.