• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does Height[size]matter???

Guest Zenda

Does height[size] matter???  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Average heights...

• Trans-female
    • 5ft 4ins or under
    • 5ft 5ins
    • 5ft 6ins
    • 5ft 7ins
    • 5ft 8ins
    • 5ft 9ins
    • 5ft 10ins
    • 5ft 11ins
    • 6ft or over
    • Trans-males
    • 5ft 10 or over
    • 5ft 9ins
    • 5ft 8ins
    • 5ft 7ins
    • 5ft 6ins
    • 5ft 5ins
    • 5ft 4ins
    • 5ft 3ins
    • 5ft 2ins or under

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora,

:rolleyes: Just been reading Sally’s post on tall women --- hence this poll…

I’m not too sure what the average height is for a female, at one stage it was around 5ft 4ins-which happens to be my height, but it varies from country to country…

Growing up I was often ridiculed because of my small stature for a 'male', with comments such as “Hey shorty!” or “Short donkey!” I was often neglected or over looked when being selected for certain things and as an adult, in some instances people would ignore the fact that I was the person in charge and direct their questions to one of my male employees who was taller than me -in a way it was not much different from being a ‘genetic’ female...So you could say I had a head start when it comes to transitioning and being treated as a female-[no offence to the trans males - just stating a fact]…

Sometimes what at first seems like curse can turn into a blessing…However one must not forget that most female models are taller than average...Or the fact Dustin Hoffman, Micheal J Fox and Tom Cruise don't seem to have a problem when it comes to their height...

Most trans-women are taller than the average genetic female and most trans-men are shorter than the average genetic male…

This link’s got a good chart with different countries and the average heights…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

It would be interesting to see how many trans males and females are around the average height for their affirmed gender…

Metta Jendar

It was no surprise to me that I am above average height for a male, I have been paying extra for clothing for a very long time - should have played basketball to make the money for the longer pants and sleeves!

Guest Zenda
It was no surprise to me that I am above average height for a male, I have been paying extra for clothing for a very long time - should have played basketball to make the money for the longer pants and sleeves!

Kia Ora Sally,

Most of the 'transitioned' trans-women I know are 5ft10 and over, all seem to be comfortable with their height...When speaking to some, they mentioned prior to transition that they too were a bit worried about their size/height but once transitioned size didn't seem to matter that much...

BTW I have to sit on a cushion when I'm driving so I can see over the stearing wheel and dashboard-and that's no joke...

Metta Jendar :)

Howdy Jendar!

(I always love to see that Kia Ora greeting so I'm giving you the Texas greeting!)

Height or lack there of has advantages and disadvantages.

We all tend to look at the disadvantages, while you have to sit on a cushion to drive your car, I have to try them on to make sure that my legs can go under the steering wheel and bend enough to get on the pedals instead of under.

I can reach the top cabinets without a step stool, but you can get things out of the bottom cabinets.

I just decided that I will be gorgeous and a real treat for any leg men around!

Love ya,

Sally

I read these national averages and then I look around and wonder what state is Munchkin Land?

I am 6'4" and according to the national average should be a bout 5" to 6" taller than most of the guys - but I'm only about 2" taller than most, even with a lot and shorter than quite a few - so the average in my area is around 6' 1"

We have a name for the guys under 6' - shorty!

And the girls around here are where a lot of models come from - 5' 8" is about average.

That still makes me taller, but not so far out of line as the 5'3" does!

Guest Little Sara

5'6" here, and when I was growing up, I was a head shorter than everyone until I graduated (since kindergarten).

I voted under trans-female.

Guest Guardian

Well... I'm 5'4" right now, but I'm supposed to grow to be about 5'5", or maybe 5'6". I used to be kinda tall, 'cause I started pretty early, but I kinda stopped growing a while ago, and now all my friends are taller than me :P.

Guest CharlieRose
5ft 9ins

I still have a chance to grow taller, or so I've been told.

*attempts to tackle, then fails epically because he's the same height as Charlie Chaplin*

That's five foot three and a half. (Actually, that's what I estimate I will be after HRT; I'm almost five foot three now)

Charlie Chaplin, Danny Devito, short men exist. And apparently my height and baby face make me all the more adorable, so I guess I'll take it. *grumble* :P

I checked 5'9" i always thought i was on the short side as a guy, i see I'm at least 4" taller than the average US woman, but i see lots of woman taller than i am so it doesn't bother me.

Paula.

Guest Evan_J
I read these national averages and then I look around and wonder what state is Munchkin Land?

That actually would be where I live. :) lol And after reading your post I have to say, as much as I complain about this ....test of my endurance.... the average heights of males here is probably 5"8', so I don't get much of a complex. I acually get to be taller than quite a few peeps :) and it (I am sure) keeps me from getting a complex. I did live with a girl once (the first one actually....) who was easily 6"1'. Yes, I got a complex :rolleyes: I admit that. But a lot of females here are that 5"4' that they talk about (my exwife was 5"2', my mother is considered a "taller"-though not tall period- woman here at 5"6'". The average (I know this cuz its my size and its ALWAYS sold out....) shoe size here for guys is also 9.

<--Mr. 9-91/2

Guest mia 1

Grateful for Steven J in my classes from K thru 8 without him I would have been the shortest kid in the class...I'm not transitioning as I am an androgen but still 5'7'' and shorter than some of the girls I dated...that never botherd me...they could always reach the higher shelves......without standing on their toes......convenient for me..... :D

Guest Sergei

Apparently the average hight for guys in the UK is 5"10.5 and I'm 5"10. But I always feel short compared to other guys my age.

Guest Elizabeth K

Hummmm

Can't pass this one up because my height was the major factor that kept me from considering transition forever. I was 6'2" in college and extremely thin, I was surpised to find I was 6'2" (have been for about 15 years). I have a strange family history for height. My father was 5'11", my mother 5'8" - my sisters 5'7' and 5'6". My grand parents- father's side 5'7" and 5'2" - mother's side 6'3' and 5'3" - so I am a clone of my mother's father.

My two sisters have five boys between then, and no girls. I am shorter than all but one of them. My son is 6'1" and his fiance is 5'10" - my middle daughter is 5'7" and her husband is 6'4" - and my oldest daughte is 5'8" and so is her husband.

In Texas where I grew up - 5'8" was not unusual for a woman my age. The younger generation is much tall for women.

I live in a college town that has a strong women's sports program. I see young women much taller than my 6'2" all the time. I have decided my height will simply classify me as a tall woman. So if people stare, it's my height not my gender they are surprised by. That's a fun way to think of it!

Lizzy

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora Guys and Gals,

I realise I still haven't got this polling worked out properly, I couldn't do the headings 'trans female'- 'trans male' above the heights without producing a box to tick[which isn't really necessary]

However please don't forget to tick the the most important box the 'height' box under the gender you identfy with M2F= 'trans female' F2M= 'trans male' - By doing so, this will give an accurate measurement... Thanks

'Howdy' Sally, :rolleyes: is 'Howdy' short for "How do you do"? A very formal English gentry greeting... ["Aowd yado" in Cockney]

'Howdy' Sally, :rolleyes: is 'Howdy' short for "How do you do"? A very formal English gentry greeting... ["Aowd yado" in Cockney]

Yepsir!

That's Texan for Yes Sir, but in that sort of speech no declintion is made for male or female.

The more proper response to a lady would be Ma'am! That's all just Ma'am, the Yes is always implied.

Another bit of Texan for you is Earl - that black stuff that you drill for also known as Texas Tea and Black Gold.

Aloha and Mahalo, Hawaiian for good bye and thank you (Sally is multi lingual),

Sally

Guest Cody_T

I'm almost 5'8", although the calculation thingy I did in the newspaper when I was about 9 told me I was only gonna reach 5'7" :P

Actually I'm probably closer 5'7.5", but I like to round up. It's kind of like telling yourself your dessert has fewer calories than it does... it changes absolutely nothing, but makes you feel good about yourself :)

Guest Alyssa Leigh

My height is 5' 6" and that is where i want my height to stay. Does any one no what a good weight is for a 5' 6" female?

Guest Little Sara

Healthy BMI for 5'6" is 115-153 lbs I think. 115-120 lbs if you're small-built. 135-140 lbs if you're medium-built, is what I would say is healthy.

Guest Donna Jean

Gee, Jendar......

I'm 5'7" and very happy with it!

My mom and dad were both 5'5" and my granma was 5'1"

I think that I'll be a comfortable height after transition...but as Lizzy says....nothing wrong with being a tall ...good looking woman! ;)

I'm 138 lbs. and pretty slim, too, so I've got that licked so far....

Now, If these dang hormones would get to work! lol (oh, well...only 11 days so far)

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest doodle

I don't know . I'm 5.7 I weigh around 163 now but will get down to 155 as I start riding my bicycle. I have gotten down to 140-145 but I look like a junky. t

doodle

Guest Kelly Ann

I was 6'1" but I'm starting to 'settle' and just over 6'/175lbs presently. Wish I floated better in water but I just sink...low body-fat index. Kelly Ann

I was 6'1" but I'm starting to 'settle' and just over 6'/175lbs presently. Wish I floated better in water but I just sink...low body-fat index. Kelly Ann

Good Lord, you're only a few inches shorter and I'm almost double your weight I used to be more than double, AARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Skipping Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner - not the Tacos after jazz band,

Sally