• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does Height[size]matter???

Guest Zenda

Does height[size] matter???  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Average heights...

• Trans-female
    • 5ft 4ins or under
    • 5ft 5ins
    • 5ft 6ins
    • 5ft 7ins
    • 5ft 8ins
    • 5ft 9ins
    • 5ft 10ins
    • 5ft 11ins
    • 6ft or over
    • Trans-males
    • 5ft 10 or over
    • 5ft 9ins
    • 5ft 8ins
    • 5ft 7ins
    • 5ft 6ins
    • 5ft 5ins
    • 5ft 4ins
    • 5ft 3ins
    • 5ft 2ins or under

Guest bronx

I'm 5'2" and 1/4. I'm happy with my height. my weight is 150lbs. My wife makes fun of my size all the time she's 5'7" tall, but I keep reminding her that she knew i was short when she met me. Know one else really bothers me or says anything about it, I have a lot of confidence and I'm cocky so I don't have problems being heard. Infact almost all the girls I've been with have beentaller than me and it hasn't been a problem.

Guest Quinn

5'2 and a half here, yeah.

I'm growing to be a bit more confident with it, but I think I'll be much more confident once I've been on hormones for a while. Because honestly, right now with my voice and weight distribution and what not, I need all I can get to pass - and being 5'2 definitely doesn't help me out much.

But! Confidence helps. So, all in good time, I s'ppose.

Guest doodle

I can be a bit, a lot dumb . When I said that I like like a junky when I'm below 155. I'm talking about myself only. the problem I have is that I have psoriasis which gives me red marks up the inside of both arms and a lot of my body. living in NYC I have been called or asked if I'm a junky in many places embarrassing my partner. They don't believe me or her when we say no. It really pisses her off. I have even been asked if I was an intravenous drug user by doctors. I am point blank not allowed to get below 155.

doodle

Guest sphere

I'm somewhere around 5'2"-5'3" and quite thin and I've been told I was growing lately, and dear god I do hope so. I dislike being a scrawny guy, and even though I work out it doesn't do much, especially since I'm pre-T.

I wish I was taller, but height isn't the most important thing ever and I'd be able to get over it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Leigh

like a lot of the guys here, i'm around 5'2''...it's sad, but, what can you do really? i mean, i do yoga, and i try to exercise and eat right, i take vitamins, but i haven't grown in about 7 yrs (oh, early puberty :() so, i'll just have to live with being a short guy, even though my brothers are both tall and slim (i'm so jealous, lol). oh well, we are what we are... to a point anyway ;) we can't just magically be exactly how we want. everyone deals with some kind of body issues, we just have double i guess... lol.

peace&love

Guest Chrissie

Size does matter in many ways.... Taller people act differently than shorter people its been scientifically proven. Shorter individuals will get picked on more physically than Taller individuals ever will.

You've seen Stereotypes on TV and elsewhere where the tallest person on the cast was a 'gentle giant' and the shortest person on the cast was Angry at everyone and acted like a bully. Its what happens in real life strangely enough.

Think about it... once you leave High School or even college and start to learn about the real world... You see shorter individuals -6+" of what ever your height is either treat you like Its your fault that they are short ... or they are very wary of you. You also see Taller individuals +6 or more inches of your height act as if they are rulers of the world or very gentle around those shorter than them because they don't want them to run away.

And your size becomes part of your personality... because you've been treated differently because you've been short or tall your whole adult life you respond as you've always been treated... Think about it.

Guest Leigh
And your size becomes part of your personality... because you've been treated differently because you've been short or tall your whole adult life you respond as you've always been treated... Think about it.

lol...come to think of it, i'm the shortest person in my family, and i've always been teased, and angry because of it...