• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Came Out To My Mom And Brother

Guest Midoe

Guest Midoe

OK everyone, I know Ive been gone for a few days, but I just got back from my trip to Los Angeles to visit my mom.

I told her about my being a transsexual over the phone two days before hand. ( I had to she kept insisting to know what was so important) Yes it was less then ideal. At first she said surprised and told me that its hard to believe because she couldn't see any signs, like when I was little for example, and she told me that it doesn't matter who or what I was that she would always love me.

BUT, she will deny this but, I get the feeling that she doesn't really believe this is how I feel. Like she tries to discredit anything I say (about how I act) or even this site, but the one thing she cant discredit, is when I tell her how I feel. Like when I see my self in the mirror, what I see in my eyes. How I feel happy. She still thinks that this is not really what I feel, that it is some other emotional problem manifesting itself out in this way; however, she wants me to go to therapy (I gave her a list of therapist from the site nearby to me) and this Monday, we are going to make an appointment. I am going for my reasons, to have a 'professional' confirm to all those who need some kind of reality to hold on to, that this is indeed how I feel and who I am, she may want me to go so I can... I don't know, get over it................ No thats not quite right, I think she just wants to shield me from any harm that I will encounter in the process. Either way I will be going to therapy very soon. :D Yeay this is a big mile stone, I'm so excited.

Also (I am not very close to anyone in my family, but if I had to pick the two who I am the closest It would be my mom and my whole brother Michael, who is a year younger then me) Michael and I drove up there together and we had a good bonding session, which we usually do when playing video games on line together. At first (two days ago when he first heard) He didn't believe me, and thought I was just being spontaneous cause I never showed any signs, but as we talked her said that he felt blind to all of this, that the signs were there. In the end he really does understand and believe how I feel.

I understand how very lucky I am to have these people in my life, I know that there are people out there who struggle greatly and my heart goes out to them.

-Midoe

P.S. Oh yea and my greatest support and best influence I could ever have, and my best friend in the whole wide world, Sarah, has registered here. She is going by the jishmiester. Hi Sarah!!! :P

OK, basically good news - my mother reacted the same way and still does, but after telling her about what I do here she is a little more accepting because she sees that I am happier and knows tha I am helping people.

My sister is trying very hard to understand and has said from the very beginning that she will always love me and she means that, she just isn't too sure that she will ever be able to think of me as a she after all im 57 and she has always thought of me as a he and she's older so she has known me my entire life.

Just knowing that they won't abandon you is great news!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Naomi Stardust

Great news!

give your mom and brother time to adjust

but anyway

you get to see a gender therapist!

that is great news!