• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Pants aren't all bad

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

I always wear pants. Unless you are in Scotland, men wear pants, one sort or another, that is what you wear. So when I dress as Katelyn that is normally the last thing I want to wear. I still want some denim shorts to try the more hipster look (just once, for science) with tights or something but not much else.

I bought myself a bootleg jean from a little shop that only deals in girl clothes, I got a very weird look but I can deal with that. I was curious as to what the difference is, I mean a jean is a jean right? I could not see the appeal in it; I though the female body shape that filled the denims was what made it look so good. WRONG. That jean sits so nicely, and after having lost quite a bit of weight, a tighter sitting jean emphasizes my legs (and bum) really nicely. It is also incredibly comfy (assuming you aren't wearing boxers, the lack of space for extra bits mean constant wedgie). The more feminine shape is just amazing, I spent quite some time with the mirror. :wub: I might actually buy more fem cut pants for Katelyn's wardobe now, after skirts and dresses, those first.

I wore it out on the bike as I did a breakfast run on Sunday to see if I got any weird looks, but nothing, not that I noticed anyway. The first comment I got about it was when I returned home, my aunts were there drinking with my gran, and they haven't seen me in a while, so I was told how amazing I look and how much weight I have lost (my ego enjoys heavy stroking from time to time) but then the aunts noticed the denims did not exactly come from the men's section. I got away without them making a fuss about it though. Still YAY, I look(ed) good. :D

Love

Lyn

• Forum Moderator

It sounds good! :)

I must admit my approach has been the reverse as I started with the feminine jeans. I wear these as male and, although I get a few looks, wear generally when relaxing out an about. I have them in several colours. It is also good to wear these with a short plain dress or skirt over the top. I can still be male with this but it is a bit more risky. I am working on the transition point at the moment (appearing of indeterminate gender - how I feel :) ).

The lack of space is a bit of an issue but I have found that female undies help a lot as they are a lot thinner than the male equivalent. I think it would look a bit like wearing a nappy (diaper) under the jeans otherwise!

Tracy x

• Forum Moderator

I never wanted to wear jeans again after i went full time. It took time but now feel comfortable again. They certainly make certain kinds of work easier and protest my legs from a million scratches as i work on the farm. It also feels so good to hang them up in the evening and slip into a skirt. The breeze of summer is simply lovely as it moves around my legs. The best of both worlds.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

I would like to put on a skirt or dress more often, however since I still live with my grandparents who take gender roles and expression very seriously in a conservative way, I will settle for jeans and undies. The jean made it past my gran's approval so I will at least be able to wear it without much hassle.

I try to stick to black and blue jeans for now while I change my style preference, however I might get myself more colourful jeans in time. I will definitely wear those more often now, assuming I can manage my weight and not outgrow them again. The dress over the top seems like a nice idea.

Yeah, I think I have also decided that, if I can find more that fit me, I will buy more ladies jeans and wear those instead, I have such well-shaped legs after all. :P

• Admin

Us MtF types with even OK leg tone look better in jeans than GG's do.

Guest Kaylee

Yeah.... I was pretty surprised myself at how much I like wearing women's jeans. Out side the tucking... They are just so much more comfortable. The biggest problem I find.... The pockets are much smaller... And I have trouble getting my wallet and phone to stay put :\

• Forum Moderator

Yes I have noticed the small pockets lol

I tuck a tissue up my sleeve (or my bag) in the same way as women often do rather than larger hankerchief in my pocket and as for the phone and money - thats what the small shoulder bag is for

Tracy

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

More often than not I either have my backpack on my back or my biker jacket on which has so many zips and pockets I could probably categorically fit my room into different pockets and drive it around with me. I did notice the pockets are a bit smaller, however my wallet fits in my rear pocket and my phone in the front left side and I'm all set.

Guest Clair Dufour

This time of year I wear womens cargo shorts, capries, coulotts and back in the day, pedal pushers. A matching shirt knotted at the waist adds to the look by keeping the shape more feminine. I have a shirt and cargo shorts by Calvin Kline that are paper thin, weigh nothing and are soo soft. Even womens strech jeans are heavy duty by comparison. If you want to keep it more girly, there is a thing called the cargo skort. A skirt with cargo pockets and shorts underneath so folks don't see your bits biking or hiking. If they ask, tell them its a utility kilt!

Guest KatyDesire

One of my favourite pants is a pair of palazzo pants. They are a diaphanous material, which feels good, and because they are so loose around the legs with quite a tight waist, they give me a great curved line. Perfect for going out at night (at my age! ) -if only I had the nerve to go out!

Guest saffron

I have several pairs of womens skinny jeans. probably a size too small but hell they feel and look good. being naturally skinny is a bonus although tucking can be a problem but one worth putting up with. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joan eden

I have tried slacks, and they looked OK. but they don't make me feel as fem as skirts. I love to wear skirts. My time to CD is limited so I do what I like best and this girl is a skirt girl. I think I must have three or four dozen or so.My legs are shaved and tan,with a little help tanning. I can cross my legs and double cross my legs girl style..Pretty skirts of all types mostly above the knee.

• Forum Moderator

Hi Joan

I know what you mean about skirts. I love them too. I do not own any longer than knee length. I mean to buy a longer one at some time but it is really short skirts I love (mid thigh length). Although I cannot wear often I was able to wear a nice girly skirt all the time when inside when I was on holiday last week so I did. Normally I wear skinny jeans when out Ok and I still often wear a short plain skirt over them. Usually bodycon so looks a little like a long tee shirt so, although noticeable, is not too extreme in raising comments. I love the look of the skirt over the top. It was a pretty skirt which first prompted me to go out as a woman a short time ago and yet another which pushed me out again yesterday!

Tracy x

• Forum Moderator

I wear jeans around the farm when i know my legs are going to take abuse. I even wear them sometimes when i go to town. I can enjoy the feel but do prefer skirts, knee length in the summer and ankle length in the winter. I wore jeans all my life as a male and now enjoy the freedom.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Wanda Michelle

I love wearing skirts. Usually though I don't have the chance to wear them so I wear pants. They are a more dressy style but I plan on getting a pair of skinny jeans very soon. During the summer I enjoy wearing short cut-off jeans or short shorts with a tank top or tee. But I agree that pants aren't bad if you have a nice pair that fits well.

Huge, :)

Wanda

Guest Kati

I think jeans are brilliant if (and it's a big if) they fit right. At this juncture I don't have courage to try them on at the store so my experiences thus far have been less than stellar. Some day...

• Forum Moderator

"denim" leggings Megan?

It is possible to get them but I often wear the cross between Jeans and Leggings - Jeggings. I almost swear by them these days because when out as a man they are not too girlie as leggings would be and they are obviously made for women so easily fit with a tunic or skirt over the top when wanting to be more feminine. The lack of pockets and other adornments mean things can be worn over the top without a great amount potruding through. The stretch waist means no belt and lack of fly also means less to think of. Also available in many colours.

Tracy x

I did investigate jeggings. I really like the look of them. Now the question is how do I get the sizing right without trying them on since I prefer to shop online. Any suggestions?

• Forum Moderator

I am not sure about American sizes so do not take my numbers just the idea.

I would normally wear 34" waist 32" leg trousers (male) although with a belt so 34" is perhaps a little big. I have about 37 / 38 " hips. I have found that in skirt sizes I take a 12 (fits really well) and although I can get into jeans in a 12 on they are too tight in my calves so I buy 14. The Jeggings I wear I get size 14 as well. Regular fit here is about 32" leg so work for me. Some styles have shorter leg so check closely.

I find with a size 14 they fit well on my hips but slightly loose on the waist. The waist is elastic so this sorts apart from having to hitch up occasionally when I get up after sitting down (not very ladylike but with planning it is easy to avoid a poor show).

I say again beware of possible differences in US sizing!

I hope this helps

Love

Tracy x

Tracey,

It really helped a lot. We are quite similar in size so your sizing gives a point of reference. However, do you find differences when purchasing different brands? It seems like sizing are somewhat relative rather than absolute.

Thanks again.

• Forum Moderator

I do find differences when buying different brands (at least with jeans, as I think I have bought Jeggings of one brand only - Dorothy Perkins in UK as I found their jeans fitted me well).

I also try to buy jeans with a relatively high level of elastine (spandex) so have greater stretch (by high I mean 3 or 4% rather than 1 or 2%).

I have found one thing to watch is the target market for the jeans. I have bought some jeans from a company who target their clothes from (I think) ages around 18 to 24. Although their jeans (sitting on my hips rather than high waist) fit me well but there is very little room so female panties are essential as well as arranging anatomy well. The younger woman generally has less fat, spread, etc generally than someone older. The jeans I get from Dorothy Perkins are for women slightly older (I suspect) so have more allowance. I find that similar with clothing in general from supermarkets. These are more general than boutiques which seem to be geared to slimmer smaller (perhaps younger) women. There seems to be allowances made in particular sizes for the target buyer.

The Jeggings I buy are like leggings in that they fit to the waist and feel similar, just thicker, so sizing is does not appear to be too much of a problem (I suppose all types should be similar in fit to the waist, it will just be leg length that may be different but don't take my word for it). In catalogues models often appear to wear them slightly long in the leg but I prefer perfect fit or slightly short.

Perhaps someone here knows if there are any standards (I know there are in dressmaking with 'misses' sizes etc.).

Tracy

Tracy, you are a gem! You have cleared up a lot things that were just murky suppositions on my part. I am grateful for your assistance in this quest. Hopefully, sometime soon, a correctly fitted pair of jeggings will be a part of my wardrobe. Now all I have to do is come up with the cash. Oh, dear... Thanks again. Hugs, Kati

Guest KatyDesire

I have also found that high waist is much better than low or even standard waist. The lower waistline just seems to emphasise the smaller male hips.

I have also found that many websites give a size guide where you can work out the size from direct measurements, however I have also made mistakes in sizing. Important to buy from a store with a decent returns policy - mistakes are bound to happen from time to time.

Hugs.