• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Pants aren't all bad

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

Guest Squallsong

I've a few pairs of slacks, which fit me well, but I find they quickly become "dated" and get lost in the deep end of the closet. Just like a lot of my skirts and dresses.

I keep hearing Conway Twitty...lol!

I just love jeans! I find sizing is often difficult...I fit anywhere from 0 to 6, depending on the cut and rise, while I have been 26 in mens since 1980 (try finding those on a retail shelf...ladies' are definitely cheaper for me!). Most comfortably sized jeans have a lot of room at the hip for me...but I'm built like a stick person, even by guy standards. I've got black, white, pink, red and green jeans, but they are never easy to coordinate for someone who's fashion-challenged like me!

-I have a few low "hip-huggers", but they don't seem to look ladylike and there's no room for decent panties, or hidden bits that the required "tiny undies" can't conceal...and you may have to shave the navel...

-High waists work well to give me a feminine shape (and of course, they cover full support knickers, hiding the extra bits perfectly).

-For skinny jeans, I must have a fair amount of stretch or my feet and knees don't fit in them...and then my knees look knobby and my calves bulge. One pair I have zips at the ankles.

-Flare legs look great with heels, especially strappy or open toe styles, and it's the only time I wear colorful shoes (even my Christina Applegate "breast cancer pink" asics look good with flares).

-And of course I have about a dozen denim skirts, ranging from ankle length to micro-mini, and even a "skort" with overall top that looks nice with a tight T-shirt.

Yes, I'm a "clothes horse". I admit, I often look retro...but that's what I feel best in...and isn't that one of the big reasons we are compelled to dress?

Jeans never really go out of style, and there's lots of options to suit just about anyone!

Take care and be well!

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

Wow, this thread has grown quite a bit. Jeggings have grabbed my attention but I see a lot of good advice and tips on here now. When people start sharing information like this one can really see the use of these forums.

I am going to have to ask you all to stop, my poor budget can't handle all these new ideas, it's teasing and makes me want to shop till I can't afford anything else ever again. Ha ha ha

I want some denim shorts, or even any other ladies short shorts, those look lovely, but I am afraid of looking trashy or silly. Not to mention I don't know how accommodating those are for extra bits. Anyone here have experience with those?

• Forum Moderator

I had some short (just below the knee) skinny jeans which I cut off and hemmed so to make really short shorts. They were a size smaller than ideal so were very tight on the leg but Ok otherwise. Cut off they fit well!

I have not worn them beyond the house and garden but are really good in warm weather. I have to wear female panties and tuck a little but as they have stretch fabric they fit Ok and things are comfortable. I don't have any other opinions as to how they look (except for my partner who is not too keen on my feminine looks anyway) but seem Ok to me when in male mode with a loosly buttoned short sleeved shirt and female in a tee.

Tracy

Guest Squallsong

I noticed lots of size issues, and fears about trying them on. Here's what I did to get my sizes straightened out.

Use a pair of tight fitting jeans (there's Conway Twitty again...), laid out flat. Measure across the hips (directly over the crotch) and cut a piece of string to that length. Measure the waist width, and put a mark on the string at that length with a permanent marker. Inseam is measured in simple length for both men's and women's, but women's pants are typically shorter so most of us will have to find pants for taller women (possibly junior or misses sizes, definitely not petite).

Now you have an easily concealed "model" to take shopping...hold the string across the waistband of pants you like...any that will fit you will be wider than the mark, and narrower than the string. Be sure they are long enough as well (easily confirmed by holding them up and comparing to anything that's the same hieght as your waist...adding heel hieght of course).

Ladies pants taper from waist to hip like this / \ so the waist dimension gets larger as you lower the belt line...keep this in mind, as you may be able to wear smaller sizes as the waistline moves South like with low-rise (hip hugger) styles.

@(S)heW0lf, have you tried a second-hand/thrift store, and just cut a pair of jeans? Start by cutting off at mid-thigh, and work North in small increments as you find a length that works for you!

Take care and be well!

Thanks, Squallsong. I found your latest message extremely helpful. I'll have to try it out.

I could have used your help earlier this evening. I bought a pair of leggings. Even if I would have known your method, it wouldn't have helped much. The way the leggings were folder and package precluded any measuring, at least without gaining assistance from the clerk. Fortunately, it did have some sizing info on the back that gave me guidance. I went with large (US 12-14). I couldn't wait to try them on. The length is perfect. The waist is another story. They are a bit too roomy for my tastes. However, I'm pretty sure the medium would have been too short. It is a puzzle. What's a girl to do?

Guest KatyDesire

I have started looking mainly at pants that are wide by design. One of my favorites is a pair of palazzo pants. Because they are made to be loose, they make it look as though I actually have hips.

I love the feeling of tight pants, but they look rubbish on me.

Guest ashleynikole

I want some denim shorts, or even any other ladies short shorts, those look lovely, but I am afraid of looking trashy or silly. Not to mention I don't know how accommodating those are for extra bits. Anyone here have experience with those?

Lyn, I actually have a few pairs of women's shorts (I need more) but I have found that the more snug the crotch and butt area is, the better it holds your tuck in and actually looks more natural. I use a nice solid pair of hipster panties or boy shorts with some spanx shorts over that for the extra hold and with the shorts (not Daisy Dukes mind you) being cut right, it actually holds quite well. I have also found that most people don't look at your crotch anyway so you'll most likely be fine.

God bless

Ashley

"denim" leggings Megan?

It is possible to get them but I often wear the cross between Jeans and Leggings - Jeggings. I almost swear by them these days because when out as a man they are not too girlie as leggings would be and they are obviously made for women so easily fit with a tunic or skirt over the top when wanting to be more feminine. The lack of pockets and other adornments mean things can be worn over the top without a great amount potruding through. The stretch waist means no belt and lack of fly also means less to think of. Also available in many colours.

Tracy x

Jeggings? Hey, I like that! Learn something new every day.

:thumbsup:

Guest robin777

I love wearing womens jeans. I have several pairs of Gloria Vaderbilt jeans. i like the way they sit on the hips a little higher than lower cut jeans. i wear them in male and female mode. I also have a pair of skinny leg jeans i just love the way they fit. I only wear them when dressed. The gloria vanderbilt jeans are very reasonably priced at Costco. I found my size by trying them on at Kohls. I did get the courage with the help of my wife.

Robin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 120 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Ladypcnj
    • April Marie
    • Mmindy
    • Vidanjali
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Lorelei
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Luna29
    Newest Member
    Luna29

1. ciara
      ciara
    2. Jamieleann
      Jamieleann
      (62 years old)
    3. Lukey19252
      Lukey19252
      (22 years old)
    4. Maye
      Maye
      (66 years old)
    5. Spirefreedom
      Spirefreedom
      (21 years old)
    • Vidanjali
      Thank you for everything you do, @Petra Jane & great thanks to the generosity of The Breast Form Store! It is a pleasure to contribute & I hope many others will as well. Bless you.
    • Willow
      Oh yeah, I forgot,    @awkward-yet-sweetwhen your husband finally breaks down and decides to replace the stoves I agree a single professional stove even out of a defunct restaurant might well be the way to go when cooking for all those kids and adults. Certainly better that the situation you describe.  Or maybe from a used restaurant supply where they have professionally cleaned and refurbished it.
    • Willow
      Wow, yesterday was a very active day.     @Birdie I hope they figure out where that’s coming from and get you heeled quickly. That it’s nothing serious.  Maybe going to the day care with a purewick will finally convince them to change their attitude.   @MaeBe  especially if you believe you are about to loose your job anyway, what’s to keep you in Minnesota ?  This could be a wonderful thing for all of you Washington State can be wet but it’s really not as bad as it’s made out to be.  If you are west of the cascades it is relatively mild not like MN in the winter time.  And east of the cascades it’s rather desert like around Yakima.     New car shopping can be fun but it can be very stressful too.  We talked about it over lunch yesterday. Strange thing is she kept coming back to the old Ford.  My response was instead of two car payments there woul only be one although I would expect it to be a little higher, but not nearly what two would add up .  Plus I wouldn’t have to continue working as long with only one as when I get the other things paid off I know we can live without me working.  Unless of course, the congress decides to mess with social security.  Right now I have three vehicles I want to look at two are at one dealer and the third at another.  All three are GMs two are newer with lower mileage but are also lower end on the GM line.  The third which is the one that most interests me is a Cadillac.  Let’s see there is a song from way back about a Cadillac and a Hot Rod Lincoln comes to mind.  Anyway it is an XT-5. I get my room and comfort, she gets her nice appointments and the ford hopefully will hang on as a spare for those occasions when we need a second car for me to go to work and for her to do ??  The downside is it has just under 80,000 miles and is a 2020 so in that regard we are slipping backwards from a 2022 with 25000  but going from a sub-compact to a mid-size.  The other two are a compact and a Midsize but neither would provide the expected comfort and features of the Cadillac.  The biggest of which are the pedals that would adjust and the seat adjustments. (My wife is 4’ 10” and I am 5’8” since my spine has shrunk.  The Caddy also has the lane safety as well as front and rear collision warning.  The mileage will go down and the engine requires higher octane gas but that won’t be too much of a drag since we can go to Murphy USA where I work or to Costco which isn’t that far away. 10 miles.  And it’s better than the Ford!   I guess we will see how this plays out later.   Willow
    • Mmindy
      Two things amaze me, One how fast short haired dogs dry. Two how did you keep from loosing your glasses? I'm glad you wear a life jacket while kayaking even on smooth waters such as ponds or lakes. I'm guessing you learned a few things about landing and exiting the kayak.    Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Lorelei
      Aside from the X-Files, Gilmore Girls is easily my favorite TV show. I originally watched the original airing in the commuter lounge at my college starting in 2000 because I was embarrassed to watch it at home when I living as a man. Now that I am out and transitioned, I watch it openly and wear Gilmore Girls t-shirts at work on days that I wear a skirt. For Valentine’s Day, my wife bought me the DVD’s. Yesterday I had to stay at work late because of an IT problem (I am not IT so I just had to make sure the pump stations telemetry was functioning properly before I could leave, IT did the actual work) and so I watched it on Netflix. Lorelai Gilmore inspired me to change my name to Lorelei. Yes, I picked a more traditional spelling on the name. The mother daughter interaction between them is heartwarming and sometimes hilarious. Last week I just started rewatching it again. Ironically I relate most to Luke, very rare as I almost always relate to a female character. Anyone else here love the show?
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,   @Birdie continued prayers for you as they figure thing out. I'm glad you're being properly cared for.   @April Marie I love the pageantry of the Kentucky Derby the bright dresses, and fascinating hats worn by the ladies. As for the mint juleps... I'll pass, they're just to aromatic for me.  We'll be watching "The Fastest Two Minutes in Sports" as well.   @Adrianna Danielle & @awkward-yet-sweet it is amazing how a new stove seems to cook food better. Cooking for 36 people is a phenomenal task, and if you're doing it on anything less than a professional cook stove. You're preforming miracles, and I wish you the best.   My yard work is done for the day, because I don't have to wait until Saturday to do it. I'm getting use to this mostly retired situation. The windows and doors have been open since I first got up and the yard is full of bird songs. I have the best neighbors because they don't start their noisy yard work until very late morning or early afternoon.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • April Marie
      Oooh, that still sounds chilly!!! Our pool was opened yesterday and it's a brisk 59 deg.
    • Mirrabooka
      I'm borrowing this!
    • Lorelei
      I took an involuntary swim wearing my quick dry hiking pants and shirt. Lifejacket not shown but present on the rock I am sitting on. Watson is dry now but I am still soaked. I capsized my kayak 5 feet from the shore trying to land on an island. Water in the pond was surprisingly warm considering it is early may in upstate New York. 
    • Mirrabooka
      @Birdie best of luck to you, my friend.   @MaeBe, nothing ventured, nothing gained! Good luck!
    • Ashley0616
      Oh I will. He loves to just sleep on the couch and sleep. Not very active at all which I'm mixed about. Less to do but also want him to do more too. 
    • Mirrabooka
      Inner woman comes out after dark.
    • Mirrabooka
      We had a German Shepheard/Lab cross! It was actually our son's dog but when he moved out, Axel stayed here. ❤️ He was soooo awesome! Totally goofy, but really smart, and a million percent lovable. Unfortunately, he didn't even get to see his fifth birthday. 😢 He did both hind knees in quick succession, which were repaired, but he re-injured one and it wasn't repairable. The grief we went through after we made that horrible decision was far worse than anything we have ever experienced before or after.    @Ashley0616, please be gentle with his joints until he is all grown up!   This pic is when he was still a puppy.         
    • KymmieL
      When things seemed really rocky with my wife. I had thought about moving to the PNW. WA and OR are quite LGBTQ friendly. Even interviewed for a couple jobs there.   Hugs, Kymmie
    • Mirrabooka
      Friday night was pizza night, which is actually pretty routine here.    Tonight was a bit of a seafood fry-up. Crumbed flathead tails pan fried, crumbed scallops and chips (fries) deep fried, and a salad.   Tomorrow night will be junk food at a football game.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.