• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

RLT soon for me

I have an appointment with HR and my big boss next week to discuss a plan. I should go full time as a woman by september 22 or so.

I already did quite a lot of things already, useless to say i'm a bit nervous. It will be the first time in 21 years that I will go out without the male "shell". It will be quite an event for me.

any suggestion of things to do for RLT?

• Forum Moderator

I presume your already making small forays and day trips. If not please do it helped me to know i could survive as myself before jumping in over my head. Otherwise i'd just get a couple of new outfits to celebrate and fasten your seatbelt. It was a bit of a stressful but also wonderful time for me. I'm sure you'll find the same.

Hugs,

Charlize

yes i'm making day trips, family reunions, going to wallmart, making lift for my ex girlfriend, groceries... things like that. I will ramp it up before going full time

Guest PaulaP

Get absolutely comfortable with the lady's washroom. Learn to apply lipstick while driving a badly paved road. Most important- Make sure you 'own it' all the time. You have every right to be where you are, and do what you are doing. Keep your head up, look people in the eye, walk with confidence. Wallflowers tend to attract more attention than confident people.

Congrats, enjoy.

Don't be surprised if it takes coworkers a LONG time to get used to pronouns. They have known you as "he" for a long time and it's hard to break that pathway. Just pretend it didn't happen, I'm sure they will try and be as careful as they can, but it does sneak out.

Have a wonderful life.

I spent months slowly easing into feminine clothing on the job. People were curious, but didn't say anything for months. I can remember when I got my ears pierced. At first I wore studs, but when I started wearing ear rings that really spiked folks curiosity. My bosses actually called me in. Apparently one of my coworkers was doing aGoogle search and discovered by accident, one of my posts. she recognized that I was the poster and started outing me to others. My big bosses became aware and put a stop to the rumors. They called me in and gave me assurances of their support.

So when I legally changed my name a year ago on July 1st, I published a letter by email, announcing the worst kept secret, that I was transsexual and that I was going to live the rest of my life as Kathryn. That I was planning to undergo both FFS and SRS as part of my transition. I've completed all of my surgeries and I'm totally a complete woman now. Transitioning is really awesome when you are full time. Hugs Kathy

Guest otter-girl

Hi,

Very best wishes for success.

When I go RLT at work next year I travel to several industrial locations each week. I will be wearing, flame retardant coveralls; safety boots, hard hat, ear defenders and safety goggles. Make up is pointless. Hoping 8 odd months of HRT will help a bit. No one is going to be able to tell anything different which makes rest rooms a greater issue.

#scared

#hopingforthebest

Hugs

Rachel

• Forum Moderator

Coming out at work is a big step, best wishes for a smooth transition there.

My best asset in real life is a smile !

Hugs

Cyndi -

• Forum Moderator

Rachel, I'd be sure to add extra eyeliner so it shows through the eye protection. I also remember Vicky talking about getting a pink hardhat to wear when she is working on radio towers. Between those clues and some hint of a feminine shape through the protective fabric i would think the ladies room would be an obvious choice.

Hugs,

Charlize