• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

training and running as Marie (and why I want to transition)

one of the things that being Marie gives me is mental strength. It feel like i'm using so much energy maintaining the "man shell" that there's not much left to suffer when running.

Friday was my last day maintaining that man shell. I've been shell-less all weekend and for the first time tonight I when training as Marie.

it was one of those moment when you realize you really are transgender and you really must transition. For the first time in my life I was able to muster all the energy I wanted, went to my last breath, experienced the "second breath" for the first time and tolerated my muscle working in the end far better.

wow. What an event it was for me.

• Admin

Breaking out and getting "Real" in all that we do is truly wonderful to experience!!

• Admin

it is a great feeling to be free of the baggage of the other persona you've manifested your entire life. I'm glad you're getting such a feeling, and its been liberating for you. Keep on keeping on, Marie. :thumbsup:

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest DianeATL

Amen girl.

I will be training more as DIane now that the weather is cooling off. I have to admit that it is easier to run in 90 degree weather as a boy so I have cheated in that way. But as things progress, a jog bra will become mandatory and then Diane will be the full time runner.

Diane

Guest Kayla Grace

It sort of makes you feel ... alive. sort of a different being. I don't know what it's like for you, but to me it feels like Natalya is a sort of ... spirit, inhabiting my body. and she comes out when I do womanly things, and my personal speech therapy.

please, pm me so we can talk about such an experience!!!

Natalya <3

if I switch and just go running I don't know if there will be any difference. But after 2 days as Marie if I go running I have 2 days worth of mental strength and maybe more importantly i'm not in a state of depression. I have the feeling that what I feel in reality is what any non depressed/healthy mental wise people feel. It's just that I feel that for the first time in my life.

That is exactly what I am trying to get used to now. That feeling of being happy and actually looking forward to life. It is a wonderful feeling and the only way for life to be. We should all be happy and look forward to our lives. Every one deserves happiness. :)

• Forum Moderator

There is a wonderful expression that may convey how you feel and would certainly help with running. "Drop the rock". It is used to describe letting go of the things that weigh you down. That could be guilt , shame, remorse or any number of things. Letting go lets us drop that weight and as a lighter person your feet seem to gain wings. Keep going Mercury and enjoy delivering that message to the gods.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest DianeATL

Your post inspired me to get Diane back out running. Now I am reminded that I need to sew pockets in my jog bra - it is hard to run and hold on to your breast forms so they don't slip out the bottom. ;-)

Hi Marie,

I don't go long distance jogging like I used to years ago for two reasons: bad knees, and breasts. LOL, I never knew what it felt like in the past, but now I know why jogging bras are necessary. Ouch. I have not officially "come out" at work yet, but a few days ago I put away my mens Napa Valley Bike Tours logo shirts, and started wearing the womens logo shirt. It fits my figure much better, and no one at work has noticed or made a comment on it. I don't have the acting ability to hide my feminine nature anymore anyway, so I am sorta in fem mode all the time now. Unfortunately I don't have enough money to purchase much in the way of a wardrobe, and this lack of proper womens attire prevents me from actually going full time. I am trying to get a second job so I can get clothes, have my hair done professionally, and acquire make up. Once I have all that, I will follow your lead, and go full time. Thanks for posting, it really helps to see success stories. :)

hugs,

Stephanie