• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

So nervous for tonight

Guest Kayla Grace

Hi Kayla,

Yep, you are rocking that bullet proof vest! :thumbsup: Groovy update, thanks. :) I think you will make a fine police officer. :thumbsup:

hugs,

Stephanie

Guest Kayla Grace

*UPDATE ON CITIZEN'S POLICE ACADEMY, MY DOCTOR, AND THERAPY*

Hey All,

This is really late, so I'll try to recall as much as I can, but I've had other affairs to sort out.

The CPA meeting was about Human Trafficking. It was a very hot topic for me and I left a little upset. Maybe I'll add that to the list of things I reserve a special wrath for. There's not much else to say about it besides anyone can be roped into Human Trafficking regardless of if you're immigrating from another country, or if you've lived there your whole life. We even heard a story about a girl who dated a "Pimp" for two years; had a child with him, and was exploited sexually and Trafficked.

So from the bottom of my heart I ask that each and every one of you regardless of ANY factor about you, you use extreme caution in WHOMEVER you date. You never know. Stay safe everyone.

My meeting with Spencer I can't recall very many details. I do remember that he needs more time with me to feel comfortable giving me a referral letter for HRT and a Gender Marker change. He said "When I feel comfortable, I'll make sure you do as well". I responded "I was ready yesterday". That's really it for Spencer. Hopefully HRT comes soon.

I'd had a difficult time sleeping lately. I gave it a week before I sought medical attention. I need my beauty sleep, so I opted for sleeping pills and hopefully after this 30 day supply I won't need them, but time will tell.

That really concludes things with me lately. I believe I have finally found a job, but time will tell on that as well.

Next week is a week I've been looking forward to for a while. Homicide!

God Bless

Kayla <3

Guest Kayla Grace

Late again. Oh well.

Last week was a week I'd been waiting for in specific. The forensics and homicide!

Contrary to what you might believe believe, there's a lot of things that CSI got right. All of the science was real just as I'd construed. I sat there like a little fangirl with my eyes completely fixed on the presenter and I loved every second of it. CSI has always been my favourite show since I was young.

I've decided to stop with the pictures until HRT. It's becoming more and more natural to go to the CPA dressed as Kayla, and my phase of being a camera girl has slowed down. I still feel SIGNIFICANTLY more confident when I look in the mirror or take pictures as Kayla then I ever did as "him".

That's all I've got for those that follow me. The last time I weighed in, I was 13% body fat at the gym. Impressive since a year ago I was 25%, but single digits is what I'm going for. I also need to get my rear in gear to up my cardiovascular capability for the beep testing at the cpa, but I don't think that will happen until I get into a routine for my job. I'm hoping to start on Wednesday, so I've obviously nervous and anxious for that to go well, like it, can mentally do it, etc.

God Bless

Kayla <3

• Forum Moderator

It's good things are going well Kayla :)

I think the thing about the camera may be more general and part of the process for many people. I also used to take lots and lots of pictures but now seldom do. Generally for a specific purpose or to remember a place I visited rather than a constant - do I look any better now? I went out today to a seaside resort that I have visited every year from two years ago at this time of year. I have sorted a snap from a video but I overlooked that the camera was on low resolution so not brilliant but I've put on the gallery anyway

Tracy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kayla Grace

Hi all,

Been about a month since I've updated this thread. I've been a bit inactive lately due to my starting my employment and being generally burnt out. I shall do my best to post on weekends if I can.

The CPA two days ago was amazing, and only further strengthened my ambition to train for a police officer. It was a use of force class and "life in the day of a police officer", and we even got to see scenarios with as real as it can get situations when responding to disputes. I loved it, and when I was driving home I said to myself

"I can do this. What used to be a 'that'd be a pretty crazy job' is now looking completely possible!"

Next class is the much anticipated physical testing. This next week is going to be a tough one - and that CPA physical test is going to be tougher. For the first time since I started this thread, I'm going to be nervous to step into the CPA.

God Bless

Kayla <3