• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Dialation

Guest With Faith Or Flames

Guest With Faith Or Flames

I've heard about it before but don't know much about it. All I know is that it involves keeping the place open? Can someone explain to me more about it?

Without going into a lot of graphic details that I would have to edit out myself - this is PG-13, let's just say that the surgery creates an opening in your body that was never there before.

Like a piercing, but larger - you have to put something in that opening to keep it from closing!

This is the same idea - so dilating is the term, think about how accurate that is, what do they do in an Ophthalmologist's office - they dilate your pupils - making them open larger so that they can see inside.

Does that help?

Simple rule: If it was an opening that you are born with it will always stay open - if it is a new opening, like any 'cut' it will try to close.

Dilation becomes much less often in time, my good friend in California who is almost 5 years post op only does it once a week for about 15 minutes and could do it a little less often than that but this is an easier schedule to remember according to her.

Love ya,

Sally

• 3 months later...
Guest Rosie2012

sorry that this is totally off topic, but...

Why do you say Kia Ora at the beginning of all your posts?

What does it mean?

:P

sorry that this is totally off topic, but...

Why do you say Kia Ora at the beginning of all your posts?

What does it mean?

:P

Its a New Zealand greeting.

Guest Evan_J

Ok, this is totally going to come out wrong :blush: but I've seen one or two pictures of the dialating being done and although it looks like somethin some women do to feel nice , is it uncomfortable? or just "nil" in ......nice sensations? I guess what I'm wonderin (I cannot believe I am asking this.....) if you were a lady who liked sex with men might it be an "ok" task ?

Ok, this is totally going to come out wrong :blush: but I've seen one or two pictures of the dialating being done and although it looks like somethin some women do to feel nice , is it uncomfortable? or just "nil" in ......nice sensations? I guess what I'm wonderin (I cannot believe I am asking this.....) if you were a lady who liked sex with men might it be an "ok" task ?

dude, I was wondering exactly the same thing. Thanks for asking that question, 'cause I probably never would have.

There are a few who find pleasure in it but since you start out for the first two to threee months doing it three times a day (all doctors have there own suggestions) it becomes a bit more of a chore and especially since it begins before you even let the post surgical swelling go down.

And of course being designed specifically to stretch the opening and maintain depth, the instrument is a good deal harder than - Oh my too much detail! :o

I'm not going to think about that anymore right now, thank you.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora,

Some post opers might find it pleasurable but for me it's just a pain in the......It's not really painful but can be very uncomfortable at times, even though I only have to do it once a week it's still time consuming[being 'asexual'- once a week is the longest period recommended between dilations-those who are sexually active -having sex once or more times aweek can leave dilation for longer periods of time]...The level of comfort might also depend on what size dilator one is required to use...I had since found that it all depends on the size of ones 'pelvic girdle' as to what size dilator best fits you[i'm quite small with fine bone structure]...My surgeon gave me a set of six dilators, my biggest dilator[number six] was almost as thick as my wrist-I was meant to have reached that size dilating two months after surgery...I tried it but no way in the world was it going to fit inside me, even though the surgeon assured me that when I was 'out' on the operating table he inserted sizes five and six and said six was a bit tight but it should work...I only managed to reach my size five and that's the size I've stayed with 35mm diameter...If you must know dilators are normally made from solid plastic or a similar material - either way they are 'solid'...

Kia Ora Rosie,

Soph's right 'Kia Ora' is a Maori greeting...Maori are the indigenous people of 'Aotearoa' [ New Zealand]... I'm not Maori but many people living here use this greeting...BTW Aotearoa means "The land of the long white cloud!" Personally I think 'Aotearoa' sounds a lot better than 'New Zealand'

Metta Jendar ['Metta' is a Pali word which means 'loving kindness]

Guest Evan_J

First off, Sally, (chuckling) never try to answer questions that you know you can't hang with. As for the actually topic, (the solid dialators) I know . Or rather "I saw". For anyone who's never seen one, the one in the picture literally looked like the hard part on a a baster. But, well, there are genetic women who apparently use stuff that's just that hard and pointed too. (A fact that has always astounded me, I gotta ask these people "don't that hurt?" and in no possible pleasing way. but they do it )

I do thank you though for answering such a question :blush:

Guest Leah1026

Okay, for those of you who are interested, here are my guys (dilators):

Kind of like Jendar I don't use the large one. I primary use Pinky (PeeWee) and the Average Joe.

Some people find dilation pleasurable. For me it's just a chore that must be done.

Guest Evan_J

Oh you got colors and everything.....considerably less "drab" than the thing I saw. It literally was white like a turkey baster. And (or "but?) here's a question, is that measurement side to side (like a ruler across the opening) or in a circle? Cuz if I look at what "appears" to be their girth they got some monster stuff they sellin in the adult places that make these look "slim" :D And I guess it makes me wonder how "effectively" the lady would be able to indulge in sex with (some) natal males.

Guest AllisonD
Oh you got colors and everything.....considerably less "drab" than the thing I saw. It literally was white like a turkey baster. And (or "but?) here's a question, is that measurement side to side (like a ruler across the opening) or in a circle? Cuz if I look at what "appears" to be their girth they got some monster stuff they sellin in the adult places that make these look "slim" :D And I guess it makes me wonder how "effectively" the lady would be able to indulge in sex with (some) natal males.

That does it. I have finally hit a topic that makes me blush. :: I'm 'outa here, thinking it had to be Evan that did it, too. ::

Allison

I'm sorry :blush: Go next door and sit by my sister Sally. Even better, we can end the direction of curiosity

Evan,

What have you been up to?

Allison just came running over and she is all flush.

You have got to stop visiting this topic, you just lose all self control.

Love ya anyway,

Sally

Guest Leah1026

The measurement are diameter (girth). Mr Big is just that BIG.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest DownWithDOMA

:)) dilation discussions can lead to weird places. A most necessary but irritating chore. I know a lady who lost her job right after her surgery and got depressed. She failed to dilate regularly after the surgery. Two years later she settled into a long-term relationship, but she was never deep enough to take in her guy completely. This caused a lot of angst between them. It is something that has to be done and done right. Most women I know that are over two years post-op, and are in stable relationships with a guy, dispense with their dilation routines.

Now, if you think this thread has made you blush so far, consider the case of the German girl who got surgery this year at 15. In Europe, for major procedures and post-care, a parent must be briefed along with the child, if of minor age. Dilation would have turned into a family project of sorts.

I just wish they come up with more advanced procedures that we didn't have to enlist a whole team of care givers and confide in each of them with our most private details.