• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I guess I did have a male fail... + TimeHop

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Although I don't really care for that phrase.

Anyway, a few days ago I was looking at my TimeHop phone app and it pulled up a facebook posting from 4 years ago on that specific date. What I wrote was "I guess this disguise isn't working too well because more than one person has told me they can't figure out if I'm male or female. I guess the jig is up!" It took a little more prodding on my end but that started the gears in motion to think about maybe going full time since I was already in the between genders stage.

So I guess it did happen to me, too. I either forgot or blocked it from memory, lol.

On a related note, the TimeHop app (for smartphones) is fun for anyone who's been transitioning for at least 1-2 years and has talked about it on facebook because it will pull up old postings every day and you can look back at what you were doing a year ago..2 years ago. In my case, up to 5 years ago. It's kind of awesome to casually look at it one day and realize "oh wow, on this date 5 years ago my name change was finalized" or "goodness, 3 years ago was when I had that amazing trip to the salon and was ma'am'd the entire time."

I'm getting old and my memory is fading, so it's nice to have something that remembers for you. :)

Be right back, time for Metamucil and Matlock. :P

• Forum Moderator

I call it simply "old-timers". Forgetfulness is indeed a bit of a problem. Thanks for the thoughts and giggles.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

I'm glad you went for it, Lizzie. Look at all we would have missed if you hadn't.

As for TimeHop, I'm not sure I want to be reminded of the changes from one year to another. Physically speaking, things are going from bad to worse. That's not something I need an app for. ^_^

Carolyn Marie