• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Another rough weekend and storms to come

Guest ArianaD

Guest ArianaD

Things have deteriorated between my wife and I and I don't think it is repairable even if I tried to forget all of this and do my best to be a model of a perfect husband. She keeps saying things like "How dare you change the body God gave you, who are you to do that!" It is hard to have an as powerful comeback for that when it hurts so much to hear her say that. Lots of pain at the moment and more to come I am sure. My kids still have not been told about me and my wife and our marriage counselor want to take control of when that happens. I am weakening and not sure if I can keep battling like this every few days. I am worried I may agree to some "new arrangement" that is harmful to me.

I am not sure what to do. There is a lawyer that I found in a nearby town that is a transgender woman. I am trying to decide if it makes sense to visit her and pay for some advice on how to protect myself going forward. My wife went from being passively "supportive" of helping me through this (but only if it would lead to a 'fix' apparently), to just being angry and making it very clear that I am the bad guy, not her. She is hurting and I am causing the hurt, so I do feel extremely guilty. Yes, I am only trying to finally be myself, but my kids are stuck in the middle of a major storm they do not even know is coming.

It hurts.

I'm so sorry Ariana,

I did not have children so I cannot tell you how to handle that situation to protect them from just becoming pawns in the game - like any other divorce.

I do have the strong answer for "How dare you change the body God gave you, who are you to do that!" Who are the club footed and cleft palate children to change their bodies? Who are the women that have breast augmentation? Who are the people who color their hair? Why is anyone ever shaving? Tattoos, piercings - are her ears pierced? Dieting - Is that allowed?

She will walk away only partway through that list and probably not even give it a serious thought but it might make you feel better.

Love ya,
Sally

• Admin

By all means contact the lawyer especially since your state is not the most Trans* friendly. It may be time to call it quits with that particular "marriage counselor" since they appear to be siding up against you with your spouse. That is totally unethical and could be grounds for action on their license. I will simply say that not all "Christians" feel the same way about us as your spouse professes. My experience this last Sunday belies her position totally!! Do you have a Gender Therapist in this? If not it is past due on time to get one because of your feelings of helplessness just now.

Guest ArianaD

We just came back from the appointment. I think I misinterpreted what the counselor had said last time, because after hearing both of our sides on what transpired this past week his recommendation makes sense. He wants us both to try to get some alone time while the other parent takes care of the kids (to pray and spend time thinking about and asking God what to do). He also suggested that it may be time for a trial separation where we see if that feels better for both of us so we can begin to focus more on continuing to parent together, rather than feeling stuck on two different roads. Overall it was a "good" session that finally gave us some direction. As we talked about even the trial separation I was having a tough time keeping it together. I told him that it is so hard and so confusing because the changes I have been experiencing feel so right and so freeing, yet I know I am doing damage to something I care so deeply about (my family). He gets it. There was no condemnation even though I sort of tried to start convicting myself right there.

For next week as we both take some alone time, we are also supposed to start thinking about how to talk to our kids about it and how we could possibly begin a trial separation. This terrifies me, but it also feels like a huge relief waiting to happen. So, he was not trying to control when and how the kids found out, I thought he agreed with something my wife said last week, but I was assuming something that was not there.

There is still hope in me that this will work into a healthy living situation for all of us and that somehow my wife and I will at least remain close friends who can work together on things as needed. I do still plan on contacting the lawyer to have an introductory chat so I can have her on speed dial when and if needed. I will need her anyway for help with legal transition and protections with work.

I will keep posting updates, I know there are married girls on this site who are considering doing what I am doing. I hope this helps others.

-Ariana

Guest Hannah Emma

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I do hope you will remain friends... its the same hope I have with my wife. I am almost certain that when I start HRT, my wife will have similar issues. I do pray that everything goes well for you.

Guest suden

I feel for you Adiana. I fear for my marriage almost daily. But I believe you have to be true to your self first. if not you may never be truly happy inside or out!

God loves you so will your kids. Hopefully your wife will come to some understanding of your reality of who you need to be. I,ll be thinking of you and yours.

Eden

Guest Raya

Oh, Arianna, so sorry you are feeling more hurt.

Hang in there, you may have just passed thru the bad part of a "worse before better" situation.

The counselor sounds like a positive, and if the worst happens and you separate, the talking about the impact on the kids is a definite plus.

"She is hurting and you caused the hurt"

Hmm. I appreciate that you accept responsibility for your part- you have to do that to be well- but, it sounds unfair and incomplete. You were hurting, and took positive steps to heal, and will be better. You will also be different. She has to make some attempt at acceptance of you, and quit using the God stick to bludgeon you into her preferred form.

Granted, she did not expect this large a departure from her plans, but it seems time to plan a new path forward, and not drag you backward.

So, long reply, and deep into your business, truly hope to help you feel better and get through a difficult time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 89 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Lorelei
    • EasyE
    • Betty K
    • Justine76
    • Petra Jane
    • April Marie
    • Ashley0616
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Ladypcnj
    Newest Member
    Ladypcnj

1. AlanaTG
      AlanaTG
    2. Alicia
      Alicia
      (35 years old)
    3. brianna051
      brianna051
      (39 years old)
    4. canofworms
      canofworms
    5. delmori
      delmori
    • Lorelei
      I was stuck behind a truck for like 6 miles doing 30 in a 45mph zone and when I got the opportunity to pass it I took it. Sped up and passed it and then noticed the flashing lights behind me… I just got my first tickets (other than parking tickets) in the 26 years that I have been driving. The speed limit changed in that area and it was a long downhill grade so apparently I was going 60 in a 40 zone. I was so nervous that I was shaking. Speeding and no registration (it is fully registered and insured but I couldn’t find the registration card). It was still affirming though in that I used my license showing my name to be Lorelei and got “maam’ed” by the cop. He was very professional and told me to plead not guilty and that he would reduce the charges if I came to court. Hopefully he will reduce the ticket to something that doesn’t give points. He told me that I should have given him my PBA card (a friend of mine’s husband is a cop had given it to me) with my license, not after the ticket is already written. The registration ticket will go away once I provide proof that it is registered.  I already ordered the replacement registration from NYS DMV online. Unfortunately the registration is still registered to my deadname of Rory so I will have to bring that up to the judge unless I can get to DMV first to change it first. Overall, this morning sucked. 
    • April Marie
      Welcome to TGP forums!! You'll find lots of information and resources as well as wonderful people. Jump in where you're comfortable!!
    • April Marie
      Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story. We are each unique but still have much in common. I think you'll find info, ideas and acceptance here. Ask questions, read the thread and jump in where you are comfortable. There is no pressure here to share any more than you want, when you want.     I'm glad you found us.
    • Petra Jane
      No idea, so far as I know, if you visit using one of the spammers favourite VPN IPs, you shouldn’t be able to access the forums.
    • Ashley0616
      @Adrianna DanielleI'm sorry I was raped too so I know the feeling.
    • Ivy
      I hear you. My therapist moved to another job at the VA.  I liked her a lot and was very comfortable with her. Now I have an appointment with a new one, but not till June.  I asked for the first one to be in person.  I think I'll be able to see what she's like better that way.
    • Betty K
      Hi Mealaini (what a beautiful name),   I applaud this attitude; I think that is such a healthy way to look at your situation. I have an ex-wife (who also has a beautiful Gaelic name) and we are such great friends now, having broken up, that we both agree our relationship has never been so healthy. She has found a man she loves; I don’t know if they will last indefinitely but I like him and he likes me and there are no hard feelings between any of us.  Anyway welcome, and thank you for sharing your story. I have been thinking of trying EMDR myself so it’s good to hear a success story.
    • Ivy
      I was in the field artillery in the early 70's.  At times we had to hump ammo.  A projo weighed around 200lbs.  There were very few women, they seemed to be mostly in the medical roles.  I suppose if you were openly trans, you'd have been kicked out for being gay. But I suppose things are a lot different now.  There are more technical jobs for one thing.  One of my daughters was in the Air Force for a number of years.  Started as an "airman", and came out as a captain (nurse).
    • Chanie
      Reading your post, I need to comment I have breast forms and sometimes get a chance to wear them to bed. But wearing my lingerie they always fall out so I wear a more full coverage bra to bed so they stay where they are meant to!
    • Ivy
      That's horrible
    • Ladypcnj
      This would be a nice place to start by introducing myself to everyone, I already graduated from high school, and some college. I played the piano when I was younger, and I played in some bands. I used to take walks along the sandy beach, while collecting rocks and seashells along my way, I guess that would be the mermaid side of me.  I like fashion clothes shopping, and spending time with my close friends and family. I'm an online administrator from my own website in the community, and group facilitator in the lgbtqai+ community. It's nice to meet new friends here, and whatever help I can be I'm here for you.
    • Mirrabooka
      Very simple tonight. My wife and I devoured 1kg of honey & soy marinated chicken wings!
    • Mirrabooka
      Same here. Shaving my legs would be the natural next step for me, but my wife is also disapproving of it and I'm not really desperate enough to force the issue. What does give me hope is the thought that if I did shave them, my wife might actually like it, especially during times of intimacy, and she might then demand that I keep my legs clean shaven after that! I guess it's a bit of a fantasy. She has accepted that I will shave them one day just for an experiment, so we'll see what happens after that.   In the past, I've thought about what might appear to be selfishness too and came to the conclusion that I'm not. Rather, I'm non-committal, and I am that way because of my comparative lack of illness-inducing dysphoria. Nothing about me needs fixing, so there is nothing preventing me from continuing to have the best of both worlds either. It's apparent that we are dealing with a similar issue in different ways though. The main difference between us, I think, is that I am the simultaneous type of bi-gender (if indeed that's what I am), and I deal with it by presenting myself a bit androgynously, rather than either/or.   @Sally Stone, aspects of your story are eerily common to my journey. I can hardly wait for the next instalment!       
    • Ladypcnj
      I had purchased an antivirus software with my credit card that comes with VPN protection, and I also get the same problem, but a little differently when certain web browsers, pop up message suggesting for me to turn it off? why am I paying for a service but only to turn it off?
    • KymmieL
      Well my wife's mind hasn't changed. As she shared an anti-trans post on facebook yesterday. I just hope she still ok with me.   Decided that starting in June I am going to do in-person appointments with my therapist. I don't have to, I just want to. If asked why at work. It is to work with both the out going and incoming therapist.   Strange how someone can become so much an important person in your life in such a short time.    Hugs, Kymmie
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.