• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Another rough weekend and storms to come

Guest ArianaD

Guest ArianaD

Things have deteriorated between my wife and I and I don't think it is repairable even if I tried to forget all of this and do my best to be a model of a perfect husband. She keeps saying things like "How dare you change the body God gave you, who are you to do that!" It is hard to have an as powerful comeback for that when it hurts so much to hear her say that. Lots of pain at the moment and more to come I am sure. My kids still have not been told about me and my wife and our marriage counselor want to take control of when that happens. I am weakening and not sure if I can keep battling like this every few days. I am worried I may agree to some "new arrangement" that is harmful to me.

I am not sure what to do. There is a lawyer that I found in a nearby town that is a transgender woman. I am trying to decide if it makes sense to visit her and pay for some advice on how to protect myself going forward. My wife went from being passively "supportive" of helping me through this (but only if it would lead to a 'fix' apparently), to just being angry and making it very clear that I am the bad guy, not her. She is hurting and I am causing the hurt, so I do feel extremely guilty. Yes, I am only trying to finally be myself, but my kids are stuck in the middle of a major storm they do not even know is coming.

It hurts.

I'm so sorry Ariana,

I did not have children so I cannot tell you how to handle that situation to protect them from just becoming pawns in the game - like any other divorce.

I do have the strong answer for "How dare you change the body God gave you, who are you to do that!" Who are the club footed and cleft palate children to change their bodies? Who are the women that have breast augmentation? Who are the people who color their hair? Why is anyone ever shaving? Tattoos, piercings - are her ears pierced? Dieting - Is that allowed?

She will walk away only partway through that list and probably not even give it a serious thought but it might make you feel better.

Love ya,
Sally

• Admin

By all means contact the lawyer especially since your state is not the most Trans* friendly. It may be time to call it quits with that particular "marriage counselor" since they appear to be siding up against you with your spouse. That is totally unethical and could be grounds for action on their license. I will simply say that not all "Christians" feel the same way about us as your spouse professes. My experience this last Sunday belies her position totally!! Do you have a Gender Therapist in this? If not it is past due on time to get one because of your feelings of helplessness just now.

Guest ArianaD

We just came back from the appointment. I think I misinterpreted what the counselor had said last time, because after hearing both of our sides on what transpired this past week his recommendation makes sense. He wants us both to try to get some alone time while the other parent takes care of the kids (to pray and spend time thinking about and asking God what to do). He also suggested that it may be time for a trial separation where we see if that feels better for both of us so we can begin to focus more on continuing to parent together, rather than feeling stuck on two different roads. Overall it was a "good" session that finally gave us some direction. As we talked about even the trial separation I was having a tough time keeping it together. I told him that it is so hard and so confusing because the changes I have been experiencing feel so right and so freeing, yet I know I am doing damage to something I care so deeply about (my family). He gets it. There was no condemnation even though I sort of tried to start convicting myself right there.

For next week as we both take some alone time, we are also supposed to start thinking about how to talk to our kids about it and how we could possibly begin a trial separation. This terrifies me, but it also feels like a huge relief waiting to happen. So, he was not trying to control when and how the kids found out, I thought he agreed with something my wife said last week, but I was assuming something that was not there.

There is still hope in me that this will work into a healthy living situation for all of us and that somehow my wife and I will at least remain close friends who can work together on things as needed. I do still plan on contacting the lawyer to have an introductory chat so I can have her on speed dial when and if needed. I will need her anyway for help with legal transition and protections with work.

I will keep posting updates, I know there are married girls on this site who are considering doing what I am doing. I hope this helps others.

-Ariana

Guest Hannah Emma

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I do hope you will remain friends... its the same hope I have with my wife. I am almost certain that when I start HRT, my wife will have similar issues. I do pray that everything goes well for you.

Guest suden

I feel for you Adiana. I fear for my marriage almost daily. But I believe you have to be true to your self first. if not you may never be truly happy inside or out!

God loves you so will your kids. Hopefully your wife will come to some understanding of your reality of who you need to be. I,ll be thinking of you and yours.

Eden

Guest Raya

Oh, Arianna, so sorry you are feeling more hurt.

Hang in there, you may have just passed thru the bad part of a "worse before better" situation.

The counselor sounds like a positive, and if the worst happens and you separate, the talking about the impact on the kids is a definite plus.

"She is hurting and you caused the hurt"

Hmm. I appreciate that you accept responsibility for your part- you have to do that to be well- but, it sounds unfair and incomplete. You were hurting, and took positive steps to heal, and will be better. You will also be different. She has to make some attempt at acceptance of you, and quit using the God stick to bludgeon you into her preferred form.

Granted, she did not expect this large a departure from her plans, but it seems time to plan a new path forward, and not drag you backward.

So, long reply, and deep into your business, truly hope to help you feel better and get through a difficult time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 179 Guests (See full list)

• KymmieL
    • VickySGV
    • Josie O.
    • Thea
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Susie
    • JenniferB
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Selena729
    Newest Member
    Selena729

1. Britton
      Britton
      (53 years old)
    2. chipped_teeth
      chipped_teeth
    3. james-m
      james-m
    4. jenny75
      jenny75
      (34 years old)
    5. KASS13
      KASS13
    • KatieSC
      Regarding the candidates...this is the best either side could do since Obama was President? Biden is supportive, but when I see really solid gains, like ensuring that all transition services are covered by all insurance companies, I will believe the support.   I do not think anybody is trying to destroy the country, but with the current polarization, there is no compromise. There is this "you are either with us or against us" mantra being touted. We can moan all we want about Trump and his ilk, but face it: They are very well coordinated on a national level. They currently have a number of states with a super-majority.   What set all of this in motion? I suspect that there is a lot of things that got under the skin of a lot of conservative folks. Some of it our own fault, and some of it not. Make no mistake, we are in trouble. If they successfully ban child and adolescent transition nationally, I suspect we will be next. Now they may not pass a law, but if they eliminate the requirement that insurance companies cover the costs of medications, procedures, and surgeries, there will be fewer folks transitioning. The services may still be available, but it will be a cash only business. There are already a fair number of healthcare providers who will not accept the insurance reimbursement rates. There are a number of folks that will lack the resources. That is how you limit our existence. We will still exist, but it will get much harder.
    • JenniferB
      I talked to my doctor about this. And I was frank. He told me I was in a grey area, and I agree. I scored a 3, but alcohol has not controlled my life. I won't drink when I have obligations. But, when I can relax, I drink sometimes. I can control it. I intentionally don't buy alcohol before I go to work at the hospital. When I get off work I can't buy it. And this is by design.    Do I have an alcohol problem? Yes. Can I control it? Yes. Does AA help? Yes. But I consider myself a borderline alcoholic. And yes I'd love to stop and AA works for this. I found I don't need the 12 steps, attending is enough to stop the craving.
    • Carolyn Marie
      If the Dems can hold onto the Senate and flip the House, I feel certain that a lot of protections that have been given via Presidential orders will be codified into law.  It's a long shot, I know, but well worth fighting for.   Carolyn Marie
    • Ladypcnj
      Biden is trying to help us, but it's the republicans who wants to roll back our civil rights. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Nice to see you back here, Jenn.    You were a great contributor to this forum, and i know you have much to offer.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Ivy
      I don't have the reference at hand, but at a rally (I believe) here in NC, he remarked at how surprised he was at the hate he could stir up by mentioning trans people. Since all he personally stands for is Trump, I doubt that he personally gives a rat's a$$ about us.  But, it plays to his base.   Here's one https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-checks-crowd-over-crazy-063513389.html   "“I talk about transgender, everyone goes crazy. Who would have thought? Five years ago, you didn’t know what the hell it was.”"
    • Ivy
      Do you actually believe that the republican congress would vote for trans rights?  That seems to be the one thing left that they actually are united on.   I'm not convinced Biden is "destroying" the country.  I'm not a big fan, actually. However, since the stated goal of the Republican Party is my elimination (2025), I wouldn't be able to enjoy the coming conservative paradise anyway.  My survival as a free trans woman is kinda on the ballot.  So call me a "single issue   voter" it's out of necessity.   I stand by my original statement.  
    • Ladypcnj
      I'm sure I'm not the only one who think this way, I've been listening to what people had been recently saying, wondering why is he so hard on the Lgbt + community? Maybe there is something he's not telling? 
    • MaryEllen
      Welcome back, Jennifer. It's good to see you again.     {{{HUGS}}}   MaryEllen
    • JenniferB
      I am concerned about what Trump will do to the transgender community. One group of his supporters are evangelical Christians. I want to emphasize that not all of these Christians are non-supportive, but there are a lot. When you add that transgender people are being singled out as a punching bag for many politicians, our lives become more in jeopardy. We need to stand up and fight back. We have a right to the same freedoms as everyone else.
    • VickySGV
      Welcome back.
    • JenniferB
      My name is Jennifer, and used to be a part of this forum, going back to Laura's' Playground. I already know quite a few of the people here. I started transition about 15 years ago. My  gender markers are changed with Social Security and birth certificate. The reason I am returning is I believe I can help guide newer members through the pitfalls of their transitioning experience.   I lived in Arizona, and now live in Maine. And the first thing I want to emphasize is where you live can matter a lot. In Maine, I work in a hospital, and find many of my co-workers very accepting. I find the women more understanding and enjoy my journey more. Of course, this is a small sample, and your mileage may vary.    What I found as one of the most important topics when choosing a place to live. I found only one transgender doctor who understands, or is willing to monitor my HRT. But, he has stopped his regular practice and only sees some of his regular patients on Wednesday mornings. He has changed his career and teaches residents the rest of the week. He told me he wanted to teach other doctors how to work with transgender clients. This subject is woefully lacking in Medical School. I was using the transdermal patch, and we agreed to switch to estradiol valerate. He is working on more feminizing my body. I don't doubt he will be supportive when I decide to go through my surgery, hopefully next year. I will be on Medicare and they support surgery, if it is considered medically necessary.    That is enough for now, and I appreciate this site for all the help with transgender support.   Jennifer
    • Timber Wolf
      trump only knows how to tear down and destroy. Actually doing something positive and building anything up seems to be beyond his grasp. It's such a a shame that so many people are so bent on trump's hatred and anger. Unhappy people all ☹️    
    • Adrianna Danielle
      We have customers real picky,I have a couple old bed sheets that I put over the seats.I order the paper floor mats that used and new car dealer use put on the floor.One customer,will complain if he sees a grease mark and knows it is not from me.
    • KatieSC
      Not sure how you think that Trumps edicts will not make it through the courts. He owns them too. I can see Trump nominating Alina Habba to the Supreme Court. The Rs have already tainted the states with anti-trans legislation. Unless there is a huge blue wave in November that nobody sees coming, we will continue to be harassed. I am resigned to the fact that one day, we could be rounded up, and that is that. I would just as soon get it over with. All of the machinations about Trump breaking the law, and all of the punditry occurring in the media, is for naught. This guy has outclassed any efforts of organized crime to avoid punishment. It truly is amazing to watch how he mesmerizes members of his own party into being mindless.     
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.