• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Over the Moon!

Guest Seanna

Guest Seanna

I had court this morning for my name change! As soon as I was done there, I went straight to the DMV and got a new License with my new name AND the correct gender marker. So few people can understand the joy that comes with that one little letter: "F"! :-D

Now I'm sitting at the Social Security office waiting to fix those records. This is by far the happiest I've ever been while waiting in a government office! Next stop, the bank...where I used to work. Haha!

Then I'm going to a friends wedding shower/engagement party tonight (this will be the first gay wedding I've attended).

I love today!

~Seanna (officially)

• Admin

:score: :score: :score:

Yes, indeed, I know that joyous feeling, Seanna. Big congrats on this very momentous day.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Congratulations -- I remember my day three years ago, it was so great!!

• Forum Moderator

This is a day you will always remember. Your feet will come back to earth before way too long but it will always be better.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

So few people can understand the joy that comes with that one little letter: "F"! :-D

Isn't that the truth!

Which reminds me, I still have to change the gender on my SS.

Congrats on the name and gender marker change!

...maybe you'll have the same experience I did changing all my records:

"oh, did you get married?"

"...not exactly."

Guest Seanna

Haha, Lizzie. I did have a few people assume I was there to change my last name, it was kind of funny. I expected so many headaches and got absolutely none. It was quite refreshing.

Guest Seanna

Haha, Lizzie. I did have a few people assume I was there to change my last name, it was kind of funny. I expected so many headaches and got absolutely none. It was quite refreshing.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Haha, Lizzie. I did have a few people assume I was there to change my last name, it was kind of funny.

Because, naturally, if a lady comes in needing to change her name on something, people automatically assume it's because she got married and is taking her husband's last name.

(I count that as passing, at least in my little world anyway) ;)

How did the SS# gender change go? I haven't done that yet.

Guest Seanna

SS was incredibly simple as well. We're supposed to change SS before we can get the license changed (at least here), but I got lucky. Since I didn't change my initials or last name, I apparently verified through their system anyway, lol. I went straight to the SS office afterward, though. The whole morning was surprisingly pleasant.