• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Post Orchiectomy (Finally)

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

There has been quite a battle getting to this point. I have finally fulfilled on of the things on my bucket list. I have an empty basket.

I remember very little of the procedure but Dr. McGinn, Heather, her PA and the rest of the hospital staff were pleasant.

It was obvious that my heart condition worried everybody especially the anesthesiologist. I was home in the early afternoon and so far have had no perceivable bleeding or discharge. I am more than a bit sore but that will pass.

This morning i had the great pleasure of unmaking some of the bays in my pill organizers. Out with the spironolactone.

Out with the Finasteride. Just doing that felt great.

I have an appointment with Dr. McGinn at 1:00 today for the first follow up. I have set some maple syrup aside for her staff and her at the Papillion center. None of the nurses at the hospital could believe i lived so close. Most of her patients come a great distance.

Which reminds me if you are coming to see Dr. McGinn PM me. I can at least point you towards some good restaurants in the New Hope area.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I am so glad to read your update Charlize !! I know how long you have waited for this !!

I am so happy for you :)

Hugs

Cynthia -

Guest LesleyAnne

Awesome!!!!

You have actually made it through the worst part. Now it's just on to healing, taking less pills, and I'm hoping for you that it will improve your overall health, especially your heart :wub:

It's a wonderful feeling :thumbsup:

• Admin

Very very good!! Fast healing and the benefits of peace of soul.

• Admin

Wonderful news to hear, Charlize. Big congrats to you!! You really worked hard to get to this point on your journey. The pain will fade fast, and you'll be back to your old self very soon. Take care.

(((HUGS)))

Carolyn Marie

Congratulations, Girl !!!! :friends:

:score::groupwavereversed::score:

Party at Charlize' place !!

It is indeed incredible how close you are to the Papillion Center. :) :thumbsup:

Speedy and complete healing to you.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Congratulations Charlize. We all know how hard you worked to get here. :)

Isn't throwing away those pills,knowing you'll never need them again,simply the best!

I'm so happy for you.

That's so cool Charlize, we are loosing those white nasty tasting pills at the same time. We could play cards together and use them for chips.

Wanna walk on the beach together and see how far into the water we can throw each one of the little buggers into the drink?

Or let's just hug and remind each other that what once was precious to our lives have outlived there useful purpose, no need for them to keep hanging out with us. Giggle. Love my special sister, heal well. JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

I showered this morning and removed the bandages covering the glue and stitches. The pain and swell seem to be diminishing and a new itch is there. While not pleasant i'm sure it means that healing is well underway. I've been a bit of a zombie and apart form posting here and going to online AA meetings i've been alone with my wife. Sleep seems to be almost constantly asking me to join the oblivion club. I don't feel depressed but instead weak and fuzzy headed. I took my last pain med friday night so hopefully my head will clear. As an addict it is too easy to slip back into needing rather than using them. Anyway i'm being a good kid and trying to follow the doctors orders.

Now comes a new phase. I doubt i'll miss the T! I know i won't miss the blockers. I actually got close to an whole night without a trip to pee.

I am definitely looking forward to no swelling down there. My package is bigger than ever. Not fair!

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest LesleyAnne

Being post orchi for 13 months now, I have noticed that a certain item has begun to atrophy, so I don't know if that's the norm, or I'm just lucky.

However I seem to remember that Dr.'s that perform SRS surgeries won't, or at least don't like to do SRS if it's been 3 or more years out since the Orchi.

I may be wrong but what I've read for the reason for them not wanting to do the surgery is because of the skin atrophy issue there. I don't know if that includes the lamp post or not, but I know that I am experiencing less, and less in the area.

So maybe you can experience that as well....

Hugs

Charlize, I so feel for you. Swollen and way ouchie, do we get T-shirts for this?

With everything you've been through, I'm really sure your Higher Power is handing you a miracle, deserving of the wonderful woman you are. Didn't you say you had a new hand on the farm? Pay some overtime and kick back a little. It will come back to you and you will be fine.

When you talk about strenuous farm work I want to scream in pain for you. Pinky Swear, let's take good care of us! Hug. JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

That would be a lovely change LesleyAnne. For now it's just all swollen. Things had been diminishing with HRT and i'm hoping that after recovery is complete i'll be able to wear jeans and not have a telltale bulge. Now i walk like an old cowboy, stiff and bowlegged. Ouch!!!!!!! the very idea of riding a horse is way beyond me at this point.

JodyAnn i agree i definitely need a T shirt with a picture of..........Hey wait a second no thanks on that one. Maybe a " I survived T"

T shirt. The farm is running itself right now apart from a bit of grain and a section of hay for the kids i'm taking it easy. Oh yea and a couple of 10' 10"x10" beams i loaded for a guy during the week. I love my tractor it's just getting up there that is a bit hard.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Excellent news Charlize!

It's good to get rid of some of the drugs, as well as other parts.

May things carry on getting better and better

Tracy x

• Forum Moderator

It's been an unusually hectic week and I missed this till now.

Great news. I know how hard you have worked for this and how much it means to you.

Congratz on making this dream come true and a great big hug!

Johnny

• Forum Moderator

I love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where else could one write about walking bowlegged after a surgery like i just had and receive congratulations and not sneers and nasty comments. Bless you all for who you are!

Hugs,

Charlize

I love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where else could one write about walking bowlegged after a surgery like i just had and receive congratulations and not sneers and nasty comments. Bless you all for who you are!

Hugs,

Charlize

OMG! So true, Girl.

Gentle Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Hugs,

Charlize

Rollin', rollin' rollin', though the flesh is swollen, keep those goaties tended, Rawhide!

No more pencil skirts awaitin', east-west knees abatin', the goaties still love ya, their waitin' at the end of your ride. NO MORE... RAWHIDE! Yippee!

(I know, don't quit the day job Jody)

You know what's cute on a cowgirl?... Bowling circumference thighs!

Neener, neener, neener, filter didn't catch me! Hey... Wait up! I earn my title of Twysted Syster! Giggle. Anonymous

(That's testicular humor there folks.)