• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

trying a new voice?

Robin Silk

hi all

i have dressed in private for many years and a little in public but always used my man voice which is very low and has made me uncomfortable in public. the last week or so i have been experimenting with a higher tone and trying to see what that sounds and feels like. although it sounds foreign to me i think i am amazed how easily i seem to be able to adapt to this higher pitch...i thought it would be a struggle to maintain it for any length of time. whether it sounds natural or forced is my concern, i still have not tested it on any unsuspecting victim yet. any girls with some experience with this topic?? thanks so much Robin

• Forum Moderator

Robin,

If you can you should try to record your voice to play back and listen to. I understand what we hear when we speak is different from what is heard by others since we hear our voices echoed through bones in our heads. That way you might be able to tell if your voice sounds forced.

I know once you get out as Robin a whole new world will open for you. Good luck with your voice training!

Jani

• Admin

It is not just your pitch that is important to have a female voice improvement, word inflection and vocabulary fit in to the overall pattern. Ignore those two items and you still sound like a squeaky male!! In female speech, in all but the shortest words, there are several musical note changes -- oh pitch changes --whereas a male voice will say all words with a more monotone voice.

hi all

i have dressed in private for many years and a little in public but always used my man voice which is very low and has made me uncomfortable in public. the last week or so i have been experimenting with a higher tone and trying to see what that sounds and feels like. although it sounds foreign to me i think i am amazed how easily i seem to be able to adapt to this higher pitch...i thought it would be a struggle to maintain it for any length of time. whether it sounds natural or forced is my concern, i still have not tested it on any unsuspecting victim yet. any girls with some experience with this topic?? thanks so much Robin

Robin, I've just started using an App called Eva MTF. So far, I like it, but I've only been using it for a week or so. It seems like it will be a good course though, and it's not too expensive. It focuses a lot on pitch training, as well as resonance.