• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

An evening between girls

A female friend invited me yesterday and she used a flat iron to straighten my hairs. It was a lot of fun drinking wine, talking and doing girl stuff. I'm still amazed at how much fun this can be. I definitely been blocking myself from very fun stuff. Trough event like this I've been learning about myself a lot. It's like i've not been alive, isolating myself like an ermit, for decades.

I realize that people see me very differently now. It's like everybody's going trough a transition at the same time, lol

I also realize that in this new reality that I live it I feel the prettier I can make myself look (you on my own little scale) the more people talk to me and are positive towards me. That part trouble me and I'm not sure i'm understanding yet.

Here's a picture of my airs (and me) after they've been straighten.

Guest Clair Dufour

Flat Iron? Did she warm it on a wood stove? Down here we have straighing wands to do that. But it does

look very good and you have a lot to work with. Next, on to the curling iron and styling.

My hair curl naturally so I don't really need that.

in fact my hairs are very easy to brake so I don't think I can really do much styling

I was happy with the result here but I cannot repeat that very often... sadly

Hi Marie,

You look very pretty! I have naturally curly hair as well, and I also had mine styled last year once. Groovy fun! My hair tends to be dry, but with E it doesn't break as much, and is quite a bit thicker than it used to be in my caterpillar days. I had long hair before, but now it has gotten about three inches longer than before HRT. We are both very fortunate to have our own hair. You look great with your hair like that, but I know how delicate hair is, and so I know how careful with styling one needs to be. Yep, you are indeed quite pretty Marie. :)

hugs,

Stephanie

• 2 weeks later...