• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A lot happened last month!

Guest Jamie61

Guest Jamie61

Greetings!

Well things are moving along for me me now. Particularly last month. Here are the highlights!

Male fail almost daily now... It's coming close to my time. I have to try to pass as male... gross.

I began thermo something electrolysis, which seems a little more painful but gives me the best chance of killing the remainder of my beard, the blond hairs, in one pass.

I had my first date! Unfortunately it was with a Transportation Safety Administration... No card no flowers.. Actually this is because I am kinda of androgynous at best in 'guy mode'. I did have 'intimate' contact with a female agent outbound and a male agent returning. So if you also count the machine twice, I'm pansexual as far as the TSA is concerned. Good to know as I was wondering what it would be with the help of hormones.

Completed coming out to family! That was why I flew, so that I could talk to a distant sibling. He was outstanding in his acceptance and had very kind words of understating. Especially nice was how he spoke to me before I left to fly home... <3!

I finally told my manager at work, with the support of HR. My HR person was extremely helpful and she helped guide me through preparing for that talk. My boss was stunned, but once it sunk in he was his normal self, which is all I really need from him as he is fair and kind. Yay! That was hard.

Receive medical letters, from my doctor, to change my gender marker at the DMV, SSI, Passport and Birth Certificate. This is big, but just as important was my A1C blood test for pre-diabetes, that turned out to be good! So despite the holiday season I am doing well on managing my health!! When you like yourself this stuff matters, new territory for me.

I finally filed name change with courts. I had the forms completed, witnessed and notarized since November. I just didn't feel sure about filing, but as soon as I had the medical letters, it felt right to me. Also my body changes are helping to guide my steps. So at the end of next month I will be legally Jamie!

Speaking of body changes, my constantly sore chest is growing, which is nice! I will take whatever I get! Bigger news is I am ripping the donkey outta my jeans, holy bat cave! I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable in guy mode.... I need clothes as my time is coming!

I have continued to tell some select people at work (and in my private life), and so far so good! That should help slow down and soften the headline on the day I officially 'come out' at work. I anticipate that day to be in April or May at the latest. Wow! Now that family is all in the know, I am starting to change my social media persona, which is connected mostly to my family.

Next month (March) I attend a family wedding as Jamie! Exciting! ( and for the first time, not terrifying!)

Thank you for listening!

Love,

Jamie

Guest KerryUK

Wow, you have been a busy girl Jamie.

Good for you and I'm so pleased for you - I've been following your story with interest and now it's wonderful to see things starting to pull together. Yaaayyy.

Kerry x

Guest Jamie61

Thanks Ladies!

While it's been good to go slow and adjust, it's feel right to move forward now. My doubts are waning as I spend more and more time as me. Coming out to the people in my building would have to be one of the bigger turning points. It enabled me to spend the majority of each weekend as me, which is fueling my desire to remain female. Add in a few weeknights and I'm starting feel it! Now I feel the hassle of going back to male, versus the kinda of safety I once felt about returning to being male.

Today I ordered 'girl glasses'! I'll post a picture of me in heavy guy mode trying them on.

As always, I really appreciate your support, as we all know how big this is.

Love,

Jamie