• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Biographer: Jenner may de-transition....

Tejana

• Forum Moderator

This author who mixes and misuses pronouns in the article says this is based solely on the speculation of someone writing a biography about Jenner and that she herself has denied it. Apparently the guy is basing the idea on the fact that Jenner still likes women and that transition is hard.

Not a credible article or written by someone with a clue about transgender.

Johnny

• Admin

To quote an old Frank Sinatra song (My Way) "... regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention..."

Hell, they pop up for me every now and then.

I have a couple of mutual Jenner friends who would love to throttle her from time to time, but do not see any turning back soon. This is the stuff you wrap fish guts up in.

Time will tell.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me since Jenner clearly wasn't among the folks that really needed to transition and there seems to be pretty clear

The report comes from third parties concluding Jenner might because she has expressed some regrets about some things. That may be nothing more than self honesty cause few going thru this stuff don't have some things they are less than happy with. That indicates nothing about overall satisfaction however and I would give her marks for being honest rather than some of the self talk some engage in trying to dismiss the fact that their choices haven't necessarily solved all their problems.

• Forum Moderator

Ask yourself what that biographer gets out of spreading an unfounded rumor? Money from publicity driving interest and sales of his book.

And there are those always ready to believe or foresee the negative however unlikely in every situation. Not something I have ever understood myself but you see it a lot.

On her Facebook page Jenny Boylan completely debunked this rumor and laud it back to it's source the biographer who is BTW unauthorized but stated his idea that she would detransition because she still liked women. Seriously that ignorant

Johnny

People claiming to have debunked it are as full of hooey as the person making the claim.

But I know the possibly that anyone may de-transition creates a good deal of fear and denial about it ever happening. This is natural however as it creates a focus for ones fears and self doubts even if those aren't acknowledged.

I feel, people should concern themselves more with their own needs rather than dwelling on what someone else does or does not to.

And to more important things...whileI sit here on a layover in Charlotte NC... wondering just what restroom I should use.

• Forum Moderator

Drea, Jenny Boylan, who is a friend on Facebook, personally debunked it. She is an advisor of Caitlyn Jenner who appears with her on "I An Cait" and one of the most respected people in the trans community. You may have heard of her book True Selves?

It has nothing to do with one's views on de transitioning but I do wonder why it gets brought up so often. I have no question about de-transitioning and such a prospect in some MTF causes me no fear whatsoever I assure you. I'm not sure either why people seek to ascribe emotions to others they do not know. It is usually a matter of projection then but I do not know you or your actual circumstances well enough to make any assumptions about motivation.

As far as bathrooms -I guess it depends on whether you would be seen as fully female and therefore not attract attention as a transwoman breaking the law. Or whether you have an issue with being in violation of the law. Your call.

Johnny

Drea, Jenny Boylan, who is a friend on Facebook, personally debunked it. She is an advisor of Caitlyn Jenner who appears with her on "I An Cait" and one of the most respected people in the trans community. You may have heard of her book True Selves?

Jenny Boylan is an advocate has her agenda and is not Jenner..

True selves was written my Millie Brown, did Boylan write one by that name too?

I am not are what your personal feelings on your own transition have to do with what Jenner's ultimate feelings on hers.

I certainly know my own differs so much from jenner's as that my personal experience isn't going to be indicative of hers.

What does being seen as fully female have to do with the choice on restroom? i get somewhat tired of folks putting it in passing context and making such a big todo about passing.. in any case i chose to violate the law.

• Forum Moderator

You are right-hand just gotten back from an 8 mile hike and grabbed the wrong book name from my head. It was "She's Not Thereof course.

But I still assert she knows where of she speaks about Caityn Jenner.

As far as what my feelings have to do with it I was addressing your remarks about people not wanting to face their own feelings about detransition.

And it shouldn't matter at all how you look re the bathroom but reality dictates unless you want to play martyr it does in North Carolina right now. I am not sure what I would do because using the women's right now would highlight the stupidity of this law but am not sure I'm willing to put myself in that kind of jeapordize so I would probably just break the law too.

• Forum Moderator

At the point i could care about as much as i cared about her transition. She was a great athlete and perhaps being so public has had an effect on any who are trans* but it also makes for rumors and tabloid sensationalism.

Hugs,

Charlize

As for Caitlyn, I think I do care (in this instance) simply because of the high profile nature of her situation and the publicity she has garnered for the trans community corporately. For good or I'll, right or wrong, society is watching and judging us on what they are witnessing now. And while de-transitioning is nothing new, I'm this context I believe that should Caitlyn ever make that decision it would denigrate the validity (in general public opinion) of the trans situation. On a personal level, I do not believe that should sway her from whatever choice(s) she must make. But the TG community would take a hit.

But we'd also recover. :-)

• Forum Moderator

I agree Jennifer. I'm no fan of Caityn Jenner and even though I am a fan of Jenny Boylan I have never watched an episode of the show.

What irritated Jenny Boylan and others is the willingness of even members of our own community to believe this blatantly bogus bit of tabloid reporting- I mean we don't buy into all thst hype about Obama love child etc from these same sources but some jumped on this and ran with it as if it was gospel or from any other credible source.

At some point we have to accept that we are a large diverse group and each of us has their own validity rather than always ready to slam others who we perceive to be somehow deluded because they don't see things the same way we do

Johnny

Hi JJ. No disagreements on anything you just wrote from me. I haven't read any of it or watched any of it. And I personally don't buy into tabloid reporting. I'm simply speaking hypothetically because in the realm of possibilities these kinds of things exist. :-)

And concerning validity, I never slam anyone even if I cannot find ground from which to see their point of view.

Peace

• Forum Moderator

Jennifer I have never seen you even remotely engaged in that behavior.

In truth. though maybe it is also because like many of those who are joining the community now I avoid the critical, judgmental and negative people and sites that were once a hallmark of an old school segment of our community, I hear less and less if that kind of rhetotic and behavior as the better adjusted and more reasonable people who are really the norm are finding venues to speak and be heard.

Johnny

Jennifer I have never seen you even remotely engaged in that behavior.

In truth. though maybe it is also because like many of those who are joining the community now I avoid the critical, judgmental and negative people and sites that were once a hallmark of an old school segment of our community, I hear less and less if that kind of rhetotic and behavior as the better adjusted and more reasonable people who are really the norm are finding venues to speak and be heard.

Johnny

Amen. The rhetoric of which you speak drains me. I try very hard to avoid it .

And FTR, in reading my post above, when I said "I haven't read any of it or watched any of it" I was referring to the commercial media being referenced, not your dialogue. I did the old palm on forehead thing when I re read it.. :-). I enjoy reading your posts.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you -and I took your comment the way you meant it. Had to go back and re-read it to see what you were concerned about.

I always appreciate your posts too though seem to seldom have time to respond or let you know lately.

Johnny

Guest otter-girl

It will sell the book as they say. As for de-transitioning, I think it's a harder decision than transitioning. Whatever grudging respect you gain for trying generally is lost along with the wreckage of recovery. All choices have consequences alas.

Rachel.

Guest Jamie61

It's strange how this story seems to find a home with my male friends, who up to now, have been supportive. They say things like "maybe we can get you to come back to our team"... It amazes me. I think it underscores how a lot of people try, but still only see the surface of someone.

That said, I need to not do the same towards Caitlyn Jenner. I know nothing of her that isn't part of someone's attempt to make money on an image or a story or both. It's hard to know what's real with her.

Hi Jamie. You know, until Caitlyn says or does something to let us know otherwise about what's in her head, we can only do for her what we do for each other here - accept her at face value.

No matter what the media portays.

Peace.

Guest LesleyAnne

Ditto Jennifer.......

The media that runs this is so tabloid.

The next tabloid news will say "Caitlyn Jenner "Pregnant! with a Martian baby!""

That just sold a million copies at the checkout line :wacko:

Not a fan of Caitlyn, but she is going to be a victim of a lot of B.S. from the media.

• Forum Moderator

She should be used to it anyway. It's been going on in some form since her Olympic days.

Johnny