• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Death Threat Today

Guest nova

Guest joe0117

Nova,

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I hope that you can find a safe place to stay until he has been evicted and moved out. If you choose to stay there after the restraining order goes through and management has to evict him, I don't know if your front door is a key lock but he could make copies before he turns it in. Absolutely, he should have been arrested. You were verbally assaulted and threatened. I am still healing from injuries and surgeries after being almost killed. I had been threatened. Unfortunately, you usually need proof of the threat - someone else needs to have heard it or it was recorded. I take threats on my life very seriously. You should too. Please take all the precautions you can to keep yourself safe. If you can't stay anywhere else for a few days or when you return, keep your door locked, when you need to leave your apartment - be alert, have your cell phone (hopefully you have one) easily accessible, have 911 programmed in the speed dial, keep your keys in your hands (if someone does approach you, you can use the keys as weapons), if you drive -always check the back seat before you get in, and always lock your doors. Hopefully he will stay away from you and the restraining order will be enough. Also, restraining orders extend to third parties so if any of his friends/family try to contact you then he has violated his restraing order. I hope this helps. Please stay safe. You are in my thoughts.

Joe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• CharlotteW

• MaryEllen

• Carolyn Marie

this is the same guy across the hall that was giving you problems before?

the idiot that was changing posters on your door and such?

well what a low life hope he enjoys his time in prison

sorry that it had to come to this, hope your ok

Oh man, Nova, I don't want to sound paraniod, but you might want to consider leaving that apartment ASAP. Gangbanging scum pride themselves on having no conscience, and most have ZERO tolerance for 'queers' under any circumstance, much less under yours. Maybe I've seen too many Law and Order episodes but the pit of my stomach aches when I think of your last post. Gang bangers should be shot on sight, but they aren't and so we must all ne cautious when dealing with the type.

Guest bronx

Nova-

Hey I'm glad your okay, but i suggest thst you move as well if you can. This is coming from a guy that has been around for awhile and trust me it aint over in his or his boyz eyes. Stay safe.

Guest Elizabeth K

Honey

Still worried about this!

I don't want to encourage you but i DO have a 9mm Glock in my purse now . I am NOT going out without trying to take that someone with me!

In any case - if he bails out - LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!

Lizzy

Thank you all for your support and advice. Julia and Joe, I am so sorry to hear about the ordeals that were put on you. I am working on finding a new place. This whole area has gone downhill significantly over the past 2 years anyway. All the advantages of this location are irrelevant now. my therapist is helping me to find a place. I can't live like a paranoiac, I am out of here, regardless of what happens with this case. My mother was shocked to find out that I don't own a gun. I would get one, except that it is virtually impossible to get a conceal and carry permit in San Francisco. I might consider one for the night stand though.

I think the people who write the DSM book should add a new disorder for people who persecute trans people: Call it: Antipathia Transsexualis. Critera: pure hatred based on irrational prejudice that leads to sociopathic violence.

Nova,

If you do decide to buy a hand gun, please take the instruction course that is offered in your area.

Like any tool a gun is only helpful if you know how to use it.

The more comfortable you are with it in your hand the less likely you are to have to use it.

If you seem frightened by it - they will try to take it from you and so often that happens to women.

Please be careful and good luck in finding a new place in a better neighborhood.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Irielle

Nova - I"m sorry to hear about your troubles and am so glad you are moving. Your safety is the number one priority. Be careful and abig hug from me. Iri

Guest April63
I don't want to encourage you but i DO have a 9mm Glock in my purse now . I am NOT going out without trying to take that someone with me!

And that's why you don't live in California! For some reason people think that if you keep guns away from law abiding citizens, it will stop criminals from shooting people. I've never figured out how they reason that...

April

• Root Admin

I wouldn't depend too much on a restraining order. A determined thug will walk right through it. Most of the time, they are not worth the paper they're printed on. If you're depending on the police to protect you, forget it. About all they can do is come charging up after the fact and clean up the mess. Sure, they might catch the bum but that's not going to do you any good if you're dead. I'd take the others advice and move out of there pronto.

Like Elizabeth and some others here, I depend on myself for my own protection with help from a Colt Diamondback 38 special with a PK22 for backup. I'm sure some of you reading this will be horrified and that arming yourself isn't for you but I will say that if you have the training and mindset to protect yourself with deadly force, then go for it.

MaryEllen

Guest Leigh

i hope your building manager has learned something from this.... this guy should have been kicked out the second he left any hateful message outside your door.

i can only hope that for your sake this goes smoothly and quickly. keep us in the loop.

peace&love

your (if needed overly protective) bro.

I depend on myself for my own protection with help from a Colt Diamondback 38 special with a PK22 for backup. I'm sure some of you reading this will be horrified and that arming yourself isn't for you but I will say that if you have the training and mindset to protect yourself with deadly force, then go for it.

MaryEllen

That is the key part - if you are not willing to shoot someone with the intent to kill - wounding is for the movies, then when you pull a gun you have just armed your assailant!

If you shoot someone in the arm or leg, they might just keep coming and use that gun against you - you have to be willing to go for the chest or head to drop someone before they can harm you.

If you can't think that way you are better off without it.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest julia_d

If I could own and carry what I had and used at 13 I would do so without any thought or concern.. but in the UK even my house keys could be classed as a weapon... they are on a heavy chain.. it's the best we can hope for... At least you got a police response. Last time I was attacked nothing happened.. the police were not interested in the slightest.

Good to hear you are getting out of there. Even if they lock this monster up it will only be for days rather than years, and then he will have a real excuse to come after you. I know that one well.. which is why we have to put up with hate so often.. reporting these scumbags just gives them the excuse they need to justify their hate.

Guest Elizabeth K

Well -I hesitated to bring up guns as defense. Now that I have I must add this:

If you carry a gun, if you are threatened and want to use it, you MUST pull it out and shoot to kill - no warning, no posturing, no threatning - pull it out, aim for the center of the chest and pull the trigger - one motion, no hesitation.

If you hesitate, it may end up with YOU as the dead person. Pulling a gun on 'some' people only enrages them and they in turn kill you and claim self defense.

If you cannot kill a person like that - do not carry a gun, it is too dangerous.

And if you are carying a revolver, and it is double action (pulling the trigger advances the cylinder) keep an empty chamber under the hammer, but the rest of the cylinder full. This is for safety. Revolvers do not have a safety lever. You will draw, and pull the trigger. Be familiar with this.

If you are carrying an automatic (no cylinder) it is a harder gun to use. It is self loading from a clip in the handle. You cannot safely carry this kind of weapon with a round in the chamber and the safety on. It will be too likely to accidently go off. Therefore you must draw, point and fire. You cannot draw and shoot. Also many people point and shoot, nothing, the safety lever is on. Be familiar with this, or a thug will take it away from you, turn off the safety and kill you.

And again - shot to kill - never threaten - point and shoot quickly. You can explain what happened later, when you are alive and your assailent is dead. Remember, he came at you - and forfitted his right to not get killed.

I mean, he will 'possibly' kill you? You don't want to wait to find out - you just want to live.

So there is a heavy reponsibility when carrying a gun. All play and kidding is gone. You are suddenly armed and dangerous.

PLEASE be careful...

Lizzy

This is a subject that I hadn't thought about for a long time - when your shadow is as big as mine you are not considered an easy target, but as I transition and lose some of the weight the shdow thrown by a woman doesn't frighten too many people and the loss of muscle mass will definately reduce my ability to defend myself.

I don't really want to carry a gun although I am a very good shot, with rifles and target pistols - I have never pointed a gun at another human being, I don't even care for the arcade games where the targets are human - I liked to shoot at tin cans and paper targets.

To tell the truth, I am not so sure that I could shoot any one, even if they were trying to attack me - that hesitation would always be there.

I'll just do any late night walking in bad neighbor hoods with Lizzy or MaryEllen.

Love ya,

Sally

Have you had any luck locating a better place to live?

• Admin
Today I received a death threat from the guy who lives across the hall. right now he's in jail.

This morning I heard sweeping sounds outside my door. I opened the door to see what was going on. He was standing there with a broom and a giant pile of trash by my door. He says "what the ---- are you looking at." I said, "don't leave your mess by my door this time." I closed the door. He yelled, "---- you, I'm gonna come through that door and take your stuff and break it, and then I'm gonna put you in your coffin." He screamed these threats several more times. I called the police. When they were talking to him, he tried denying making threats, but another neighbor had heard him. while he was talking to the police he kept referring to me as "that queer", and "he" and "him", and then they cuffed him and put him in jail.

I immediately filed a petition for a restraining order and tomorrow the judge's signed order will be ready. The building manager said he'll have to move out when I get the restraining order. The police said he will probably be charged with a hate crime as well.

I am so upset I feel like throwing up. I have a headache.

Nova, in California a threat like that can be charged as a Terrorist Threat and is a felony. Please, dear, keep in close touch with the detectives, make sure he gets charged appropriately so the bail is high, and make sure the detectives notify you if he makes bail. If he does, you probably want to be away from your apartment until the manager tells you he's moved out. Also make sure that the local beat cops come by and check on things periodically. I don't mean to scare you more, but you need to be safe and part of that is up to you. If you need more advice or help with the detectives, please feel free to PM me. I know the police routine as I used to be one. good luck, Hon.

Carolyn Marie

I received some very good news today: The property manager evicted this thug, even though he's still in jail. The restraining order makes it impossible for him to be in the building. We measured how far away his room is from mine: five feet! Our lease has a zero-tolerance clause for violence and threats of violence and some other behavior. So, Nobel Light, you are absolutely right...he should have been gone before this.

I have an advocacy group to help me get through the hearings and to help me find a new place. They are called CUAV (Citizens United Against Violence) and they help the LGBT community.

I will take Carolyn Marie's advice and have the beat patrol (is that what you call them?) to help watch for him.

Two tenants came forward to testify. I knew there had to be some body who heard him. The morning it happened, the health dept. was inspecting all the units. Most people were home and the thug was hollering his threats at the top of his lungs.

If i ever do decide to buy a gun, I'll talk to you Lizzy. I find myself agreeing with most everything you say...hmmm, anyway, I looked at one of those glocks last year, but I could barely pull the slide back, and I couldn't load the clip without that special tool thing. and it was a 9mm but it felt big and heavy.

I am emotionally drained. But now I can rest easier and get back some sleep I lost, but I'm not wasting anytime...I'm out of here as soon as possible.

Guest doodle

That is awful Nova. I hope that you can find a new place soon, Here in NYC finding an affordable place is very hard. I don't know about SF, I hope your new place is so much better than the one you have. For a left wing liberal I do think that personal firearms should be allowed to be owned and carried by citizens with no police records.

doodle

In my opinion you should beware of this guy.

People in this world seem to want others to care about them, in this case a crack dealer,

whilst they themselves don't care about others, even enough to pretend anymore.

In my own experience you might have to take matters a step further than the cops.

Cops are underpaid and angry about it. Any reasonable person would realize that people don't like being harrassed and questioned

when they are going about their business. People seem to call the police on me alot... I assume to get me arrested or due to their own personal weakness.

I've never been arrested yet, as I don't engage in much that could be considered criminal behavior. The city I live in is full of weak-minded people.

This crack-dealer is a very weak person it would seem. You probably represent all that he has cast aside to allow himself to sell his crack cocaine

to be a vampire on the emotional and spiritually wounded buyers of his low grade crack.

A standard coffee pot will cook crack

the fact he can't even get one would say he wants to be stopped

he wants to assert his "sloppy punk rock, gangster" problems all over everyone else.

I would move if I were you.

If that is not possible your going to have to use the situation to your advantage.

I just recently got some mace, and walk and exercise to be able to at least run or fight off attackers, as the police seem more interested

in talking to me.

kinda like when all these Domestic and foriegn governments gave weapons to those rascist over in the middle east

now they act as if the people of their own countries might be a threat.

Anyone who believes that is an idiot .

The police probably won't help you.

I'm in a similiar situation right now.

I guess when the moment comes......i'm going to have to beat this crack dealer up.

I doubt he will call the police, and I have the advantage of knowing 2 or 3 people who have knocked him out.

so, maybe you should ask around the neighborhood to see if other people have dealt with this guy

in my case, my bully has messed with other people and gotten beat up alot.

he doesn't know that I know this, so he acts on the premise that he can scare me

yet, knowing he is not un-beat-able does help

he projects a violent "gangster" attitude

but the truth is , he is a momma's boy and thinks someone is a good person when they pay his bills

ask around the neighborhood if you can and i'll bet you'll find this guy is a punk

he has to harass you because he's probably been beaten down by the real gangsters and thugs.

Cait

p.s. He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword, He who leads into captivity shall be lead into captivity

Guest Leigh
I received some very good news today: The property manager evicted this thug, even though he's still in jail. The restraining order makes it impossible for him to be in the building. We measured how far away his room is from mine: five feet! Our lease has a zero-tolerance clause for violence and threats of violence and some other behavior. So, Nobel Light, you are absolutely right...he should have been gone before this.

I have an advocacy group to help me get through the hearings and to help me find a new place. They are called CUAV (Citizens United Against Violence) and they help the LGBT community.

I will take Carolyn Marie's advice and have the beat patrol (is that what you call them?) to help watch for him.

Two tenants came forward to testify. I knew there had to be some body who heard him. The morning it happened, the health dept. was inspecting all the units. Most people were home and the thug was hollering his threats at the top of his lungs.

If i ever do decide to buy a gun, I'll talk to you Lizzy. I find myself agreeing with most everything you say...hmmm, anyway, I looked at one of those glocks last year, but I could barely pull the slide back, and I couldn't load the clip without that special tool thing. and it was a 9mm but it felt big and heavy.

I am emotionally drained. But now I can rest easier and get back some sleep I lost, but I'm not wasting anytime...I'm out of here as soon as possible.

i'm glad you aren't waiting to get a new place.. i just hope that jerk gets a a little of the punishment he deserves, and that after this you never have to think about him again.

peace&love

your bro

Guest Deeedoo

I have promised never to kill a living creature unless I will eat it or if it is attacking me and could kill me. Even still, if I used a gun, I would probably just shoot the legs or somewhere painful so that they could live and stay away from me. Besides, I don't want to go to court for the long hearing to see if I really did kill the person in self defense and possibly go to jail anyway.

Guest mia 1

Yeah back in the eighties I got into a tussle with an outlaw motorcycle gang member and he threatened to shoot me..I smashed his face in with my fists and kicked the holy crap out of him,,,the cops came along gave the guy a summons for assault and let me go..Next time I saw the jerk his face was scarred nd puffy and this was about a month later...sometimes these bullies get the crap handed to them and if you break a few bones in their face...neither they nor the other gang members will bother you again,,,as far as sidearms go...I was trained in the military but with my once upon a time quick temper I figured that it wasn't a good idea for me....

Glad your situation has been resolved with out force....sometimes it works and other times that 9mm Glock is the best thing...it all depends on you and how you trust yourself......Mia

Yeah back in the eighties I got into a tussle with an outlaw motorcycle gang member and he threatened to shoot me..I smashed his face in with my fists and kicked the holy crap out of him,,,the cops came along gave the guy a summons for assault and let me go..Next time I saw the jerk his face was scarred nd puffy and this was about a month later...sometimes these bullies get the crap handed to them and if you break a few bones in their face...neither they nor the other gang members will bother you again,,,as far as sidearms go...I was trained in the military but with my once upon a time quick temper I figured that it wasn't a good idea for me....

Glad your situation has been resolved with out force....sometimes it works and other times that 9mm Glock is the best thing...it all depends on you and how you trust yourself......Mia

Mia, You're awesome! That made my day. Put a smile back on face ! Thanks!!

• 8 months later...
Guest ChalenAustin
He can be charged with a hate crime? For saying that he's going to put you in your coffin? He didn't even do anything... freedom of speech? If he's been a jerk before, the restraining order may be the right thing to do, but hate crime? For yelling?

This world is messed up no matter how you look at it...

April

Did you know the question "Will you marry me?" is a verbal contract and if you break off the engagemnet you can be sued for breaking a binded contract? You can look it up if you want but it's technically true even though I don't completely understand why.

Has that for messed up?

I know this dosen't have to do with yur original post and I'm so sorry Nova for what you had to hear that day.

Hope he's still rotting in jail.

Bless you.

Guest NatalieRene
He can be charged with a hate crime? For saying that he's going to put you in your coffin? He didn't even do anything... freedom of speech? If he's been a jerk before, the restraining order may be the right thing to do, but hate crime? For yelling?

This world is messed up no matter how you look at it...

April

A person's freedom of speech does not protect them from threatening to kill a person. Hate crimes are setup in such a way that if the motive of a crime is hate it's a hate crime. So if his death threat was motivated by hate it's a hate crime.

You might think that is messed up but it's a better safe then sorry type of thing and it probably saved a life in this situation.