• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Coming Out - Work Update

Guest Alicia Rose

Guest Alicia Rose

I've already came out to my managers, and spoke with one Team Leader at work who was unaware and told him I'm transgender. That's because there's an anti-LGBT guy that works there and I refuse to work around him anymore. He had asked me to help in the back where he works and I told him I'll refuse, and if you prefer, we can talk in the officer--but either way, I'm refusing.

He wasn't expecting that from me, but is a super nice guy and we went for a walk through the store. I told him everything and he said had he known, he'd never ask me to go near him. 

A few days later, I also told a work friend that I'm transgender and a couple days ago I told another person I work with I identify as transgender which is why I don't work in the other areas anymore. They didn't say much, but 'I don't blame you!' and one guy has always supported LGBT rights openly (and he isn't LGBT).

So now all of the managers, HR and some work friends know. The rest, I don't really worry about one way or another but it's okay. I work for Target, so I have the company behind my back. I'm still not 100% full-time, but I'm close enough right now that it won't be a big step anymore. I mean, I already wear colorful nail polish to work and public. lol

• Forum Moderator

It's good that things are moving forward in, what sounds like, a good way. You should be able to relax a little more now.

I hope things keep going well :)

Tracy x

You definitely sound as if things are working toward the better for you, that's great! Keep it up, you can do it!

Thank you for sharing this! I am very happy for you and continue to wish you great success. Keep up us posted for sure!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • Maddee
    • MaryEllen
    • Ashley0616
    • Petra Jane
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Geordie_Dad
    Newest Member
    Geordie_Dad

1. Ay-la
      Ay-la
      (51 years old)
    2. Camille
      Camille
      (48 years old)
    3. Dressupdoll
      Dressupdoll
      (57 years old)
    4. iliya
      iliya
      (37 years old)
    5. KaylaH
      KaylaH
      (48 years old)
    • Maddee
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Do you recognise when you need to elevate your state of mind? And what works for you?
    • Heather Shay
      Seeing one of best friends Sunday.
    • Heather Shay
      AI overviews are experimental. Learn more…Opens in new tab       Emotional happiness is a state of positive emotion that can range from contentment to intense joy. It's often characterized by feelings of satisfaction, joy, fulfillment, and gladness. Happiness can also be defined as a positive evaluation of one's life and accomplishments, or a state of emotional well-being. It's often distinguished from other positive emotions, such as interest, excitement, and affection, and negative emotions, such as fear, anger, and sadness. Happiness is often associated with smiling.    Verywell Mind   What Is Happiness and How Can You Become Happier? - Verywell Mind Nov 7, 2022 — Typically, happiness is an emotional state characterized by feelings of joy, satisfaction, contentment, and fulfillment. While happiness has many different definitions, it is often described as involving positive emotions and life satisfaction. Britannica   Happiness | Definition, Nature, Psychology, & Facts | Britannica Mar 13, 2024 — happiness, in psychology, a state of emotional well-being that a person experiences either in a narrow sense, when good things happen in a specific moment, or more broadly, as a positive evaluation of one's life and accomplishments overall—that is, subjective well-being. Happiness can be distinguished both from negative emotions (such as sadness, fear, and anger) and also from other positive emotions (such as affection, excitement, and interest). This emotion often co-occurs with a specific facial expression: the smile. Related Topics: emotion eudaimonia smiling eudaemonism pleasure. See all related content → Everyday Health   Happiness: Definition, Health Benefits, and How to Be Happier Jan 24, 2023 — What Is Happiness? The American Psychological Association (APA) defines happiness as “an emotion of joy, gladness, satisfaction, and well-being.” Many of us would agree with the APA's definition, yet the more you look at it, the more it can seem incomplete. For example, you may feel all of those emotions at one moment, but an hour later you may feel none of them. So are you a happy person or not? en.wikipedia.org   Happiness - Wikipedia Happiness is a positive and pleasant emotion, ranging from contentment to intense joy. Moments of happiness may be triggered by positive life experiences or thoughts, but sometimes it may arise from no obvious cause. The level of happiness for longer periods of time is more strongly correlated with levels of life ...          
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Davie
      Here they are on "60 Minutes" TV Show in Australia.  Should be PG.    
    • Davie
    • Davie
      Welcome to the forums, M.A. Duh . . . more questions came up for me,too--but I'm finding they don't have to be solved all at once. One thing at a time as I ask for help works for me. Keep coming back.  —Davie
    • Birdie
      Good news is that I have nothing serious going on. The blood was coming from internal hemorrhoids, and the doctor says it's from the "typical American diet." Too much fat and carbs but not enough plant based fiber. A few other things were noted and biopsies on them for safety sake.    Hospital visit was grand with "most" of the staff addressing me as female. I did have "bra talk" with one of the CNA's. Even my discharged papers use my preferred name on them (Birdie).   So basically, adding more fiber to my diet will eliminate my internal hemorrhoids as well as lower my risk for cancer. 
    • Vivelacors
      Thank you Kay 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      For that part, be glad you live in MS and not in CA or some other "paradise."    Unfortunately, right now in the USA it is about choices.  Choose to live in a mostly free state that doesn't want my gender to exist, or choose to live in a leftist place that accepts my gender but not my family or my faith, or how I want to live my life or the stuff I own.   As for the lawsuits... hiring a lawyer costs money.  And a "no fees unless you win" attorney probably won't take a case like this, as it is difficult to get money from folks who often don't have anything.  As they say, "it is hard to get blood from a turnip." 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.