• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Michigan. We got bathroom laws. Whee.

Technically, that makes me a criminal. When presenting as female, I always use the ladies room.

Hugs!

• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
38 minutes ago, maddyfuem said:

Maybe 2 + years ago this was true, but the times have changed and she hasn't kept up.  

Legally it does depend on state and local ordinances as @Jackie C. pointed out.  This is a handy resource to have to keep up with the laws around your state and city. You can look up “discrimination based on gender identity in private employment, housing, and public accommodations” for your city and state. Your wife might want to know if it is or isn’t ok for you to use the public restrooms.

Maddy,

I'd still be careful if I were you.  It's probably very important to know the laws.  I always use the lady's room whenever I'm dressed, but there usually isn't any doubt that I'm presenting as a woman.  Additionally, I live in NJ, where the laws support my use of the lady's room when I'm dressed.  If it isn't obvious you presenting as a woman, or you live in a state where trans bathroom rights aren't protected, you probably need to be extremely cautious.

• Forum Moderator

Jackie, aren't you technically a female anyway? You've had srs. Correct.  So, I don't see as you are breaking any laws. 

Kymmie. 

• Forum Moderator

Well sure, since February 2020. I beat my 50th birthday by a month. The legal paperwork hasn't caught up yet because of the pandemic. I need to hit the secretary of state (currently closed), to fix my driver's license. Then I need to go to my primary care provider (not seeing patients in person) for an examination so I can get the paperwork to change my birth certificate and social security. We also have a special law where we need a form, unique in the US and a doctor's examination before we can change "permanent records."

However, I used public restrooms for about a year and a half before that. Anybody know the statute of limitations on being a bathroom commando?

Hugs!

When I go out I dress in men’s clothes accept what’s underneath. My hair style right now could go either way. I let the people decide. I had a wig but it was to uncomfortable for me. I haven’t done laser or hormones so you can still see my five o clock shadow. At this point I only present Tessa to my work, friends, and the privacy of my own home. I know that Tessa is me in my mind. I would like to show her off but it’s just to dangerous out there. Even in my apt I keep the blinds drawn. It’s not that I’m ashamed of who I am it’s just it’s none of anyone else’s business. So maybe I’m a closet trans but not really because I’ve come out to my mom, work, and friend. I’m public though I think I’ll stick with unisex. But at home it’s full Tessa. Everyone’s on edge these days to. I’ve gotten cussed at already today over the phone. Hard times we live in. A person has to do what they can to get through. This isn’t the time to judge anyone. This is a time to love and embrace each other. 

No judgements here just love! 

Tess❤️

• Forum Moderator
47 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

being a bathroom commando?

Oh, my!  I hope you weren't commando in the women's room  LOL!

I've verified here in Hawaii I am perfectly safe and legal.  I looked it up.  Also, my trans man friend assured me that Hawaii is probably one of the most safe places for trans people.

10 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

I use singing to enhance my female voice.  I sing songs that are encouraging and some tragic love stories or break ups. But they have the ranges I am trying to achieve and the lows still as well.  I am sounding like a duet now.  LOL

But no matter I am singing totally in a feminine voice and as loud as I can to strengthen it.

Its wonderful to hear myself sounding like this.

That sounds amazing!  I love to sing, not that I'm any good at it.   Can you tell us/me more?

Hey all,

Today I got insulted over the phone for being female. I’m not going to bring it up to HR because this only assures me that I’m coming off as female over the phone. It didn’t bother me that much. I got my first look at what females go through and how rude men are. The voice I’m using now must be attractive because men want to stay on the phone and talk to me. This is why it was so weird when I presented male over the phone. Maybe 1 out of 100 customers if I serve that many. I’m not counting will think I’m male. Now if I could look the part? I’ve never used skin color makeup to cover up my five o clock shadow but I’m daring myself to try. Not today though. It’s cold and wet and I would rather stay indoors. I didn’t change my voice much so now I know why customers when I opened with my male name would be confused. Some will say Mam in the beginning and sir at the end. lol. This means somewhere my voice dropped in the call. Very seldom does this happen. Tessa’s voice is sweet and people like to hear it. My male voice may have been a little lower. Anyway. Each day has it’s written of crazy on it. 

Love 

Tess

Had the talk with my family yesterday,told them I am going to have the trachea shave done hopefully later on in July or August.When I am dressed as Mika,I hate seeing my adam's apple.My family is supportive of me doing it

3 hours ago, Kellysinclair101 said:

Happy Friday  everyone  hugs 

Hugs right back you! Happy Friday! 

Happy Friday Kelly & Ellora :hugs:?

Good Morning! Moving slow, it's been a long week. Sipping coffee and thinking about the weekend. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good Morning!

I didnt sleep too well after some bad insomnia.  Definitely will need coffee this morning...

Morning. It was kind of a long night for me too... Kids kicking and rolling everywhere! I dont drink coffee, but the Dr pepper is cold! ?

(Kaltia: Comment  at the end of post for you)

Good morning! Taking a hot bath I think is

always a great way to start a morning! I talked with my help line that is given through my job and discussed how things have been going. I feel more at peace that I am now presenting myself as female over the phone at my job. It makes sense being 8 and sometimes 22 hours a day I’m working. Every time I had to say my male name and then many times asked if I was female or male hurt me a lot. So now I can be free to express Tessa over the phone. To customers Tessa comes off as a sweet person who I am willing to help and I notice more compassion comes out of her and some people just love talking to her. She is more sociable over the phone. I also have experienced more peace during the day. I can watch a movie and just lay and not have worried on my mind. I notice now I have a routine. Before I was jumping from one thing to the other. For me right now it’s like I said before small steps. I may not be all female but most of me is. Both genders though serve me at times but mostly I’m thinking out of a woman’s brain. Today is Carter my F+m daughter. She will be 16! It’s not my day to see him. I had him ask if my ex would allow me to drop off a grape slushy/mozzarella sticks from Sonic to her after work. My ex said text first because they may be gone. It makes me upset I have to ask to see my own son on his bday! ? I will be ok though. It will be nice if I get to do it. 

I do collections so I get a lot of people mad at me in a day but I’m able to sooth their fears through a kind voice over the phone. Most are nice but some are just plain rude these days. So sad. Paid some bills last night. Money ok for now but I have to be careful. Without my second job it’s all I have. 

I’m writing more on this app then my stories right now. I guess I’m just looking for company in this hard time. You all are great! If your looking for some calm or inspiration go to the poetry section and check out my poems. 

56 minutes ago, Kaltia_Atlas said:

Morning. It was kind of a long night for me too... Kids kicking and rolling everywhere! I dont drink coffee, but the Dr pepper is cold! ?

I have those long nights to. How young are your babies? Mine are teens now. I only can see mine on Tuesdays and every other weekend. My son loves Dr Pepper! I don’t drink coffee either but I use to do a Peppermint Mocha but Starbucks has been closed. So it’s coke. Hang in there. 

Love 

Tess❤️

poems under (You Are Beautiful)

7 hours ago, Kellysinclair101 said:

Happy Friday  everyone  hugs 

A hug! I haven’t had a physical hug in a long time! But I will take your virtual hug and hug you back! What’s the longest hug you’ve ever had? I once read this story that a man gave his woman a long hug everyday. They stayed together forever! Hugs are life changing! When I meet my partner I want to have them hug me everyday and tell me that they love me!  My heart is longing for that day! ❤️

Love Tess

Good morning.

I'm breathing well lately and think it's due to running with my face covered.

Slowly working chips off my shoulders.

I like being a girl.

1 hour ago, Tessa said:

A hug! I haven’t had a physical hug in a long time! But I will take your virtual hug and hug you back! What’s the longest hug you’ve ever had? I once read this story that a man gave his woman a long hug everyday. They stayed together forever! Hugs are life changing! When I meet my partner I want to have them hug me everyday and tell me that they love me!  My heart is longing for that day! ❤️

Love Tess

Big hug!

Wild stormy night here. Restless sleep as well.

Coffee in hand, careful we don't spill it as everyone gets a nice long warm hug.

《《《 hug 》》》

(The kind of hug where no one seems to want to let go)

TA

• Forum Moderator
42 minutes ago, Ms Maddie said:

I like being a girl.

@Ms Maddie

So do I. 

Madonna says "breathe in the Corona air", I have to snicker at her off the wall comments. 

2nd cup here, it's gonna be a lovely day out, sunny  low 80's here. 

Enjoy

C

• Forum Moderator
58 minutes ago, Ms Maddie said:

I like being a girl.

Me too, it makes me feel alive and happy. Confidence that I can take on the world. something I have never felt before. I have decided that I am me. Kymmbrill Lorain may be hiding but she is still there, alive and well.

Blue clouds and sunshine this AM. breezy forecast in the upper 50s today. Of course being a day off not as nice as it has been. 

Hugs to all my friends here on TP. You have helped me more that words can say.

Kymmie