• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Sorry. Missed the question about the pepper spray. I'm not sure about it being banned. Check your local jurisdiction. If memory serves me correctly, years ago, it was legal to obtain small keychain cannisters of CS gas--military graded tear gas--that was banned for civilian use. It why pepper spray was developed, and why cops carry pepper spray nowadays.

• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Hey everybody, just a quick note from the management: Self-defense is great and all, but that's not what this board is about. Please keep the gun talk to a minimum or take it up in PMs. That sort of thing can trigger a lot of people and we're trying to be a safe space.

Please and thank you!

Hugs!

I was just wondering. Sorry to babble on, meds kicking in.

If I was to fly through space, how would I dress?

Probably what was issued to me, hmmm, so much fun for outer space dress up....

So what would I do out out there? 

Oh, sorry, just flew by the Milky Way. 

Didn't fly in, really just looks like down town Los Angeles from here.

Batteries low...why are they being waisted on all these red lights?

Milky Way gone now...

W..O..W

He  y   a  ny out   tr r  

So peaceful now. 

Still I miss my dresses.....

2022 lets move with it.

LM❤️

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Hey everybody, just a quick note from the management: Self-defense is great and all, but that's not what this board is about. Please keep the gun talk to a minimum or take it up in PMs. That sort of thing can trigger a lot of people and we're trying to be a safe space.

Please and thank you!

Hugs!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Please and thank you!

Hugs!

Please. Thank you. Thank you.

So it's a new year. Cool. But it's also a deadline for my work. (Yesterday was the original deadline). I'm trying to publish my writing, which I've never seriously carried out. And there is a lot of preparation to do that. I have a huge block against finishing the work because of the fear of exposure. But I'm working through it, one tiny step at a time. And making progress because I realize just how insubstantial fear can be. So I have "Progress" to report. That's enough for today. I am enough for today.

Thanks so much for supporting me all along.

Hugs,

— Davie

Wishing everyone a happy New Year.

I'm feeling a lot better today. It was a rough week but guess the meds my doctor prescribed are working.

We didn't do anything for new years. In fact, I think I was asleep around 11.

Nothing else really going on. Mostly sitting on the couch watching TV.

I was at the park today with my wife. It was nice to be out again.

I got home all excited and wanted to post every move that was made at the the park.

Been awhile since I've been out. 

Lucky for me, Ginger said to her human in training....not tonight, not here, not any where.

Gosh what else is 2022 going to bring?

Today20.jpg

Oh, forgot to mention, I have jury duty next week.

Hope I didn't send up alarm signs. Meow is the word of the week.

Hugs and hopes,

LM❤️

3 hours ago, Davie said:

So it's a new year. Cool. But it's also a deadline for my work. (Yesterday was the original deadline). I'm trying to publish my writing, which I've never seriously carried out. And there is a lot of preparation to do that. I have a huge block against finishing the work because of the fear of exposure. But I'm working through it, one tiny step at a time. And making progress because I realize just how insubstantial fear can be. So I have "Progress" to report. That's enough for today. I am enough for today.

Thanks so much for supporting me all along.

Hugs,

— Davie

The Progress Report is Be-You-tiful! I'm rooting for you! You're talented, and it'd be a shame to hide the light! Let it shine!

Another nice family get together. I ran out to Fred Meyers and picked up some bacon and sausages and tomatoes, and came home  and cooked up an English Breakfast, with baked beans, eggs and fried bread. We had three daughters, one boyfriend and me and my wife. I kicked my youngest out of the kitchen - I've been dying to do this for a long time, because she's the "ironman chef" in the family. I think I managed ok! Her boyfriend went back for seconds, and washed all the dishes! Hope she doesn't get jealous or anything? LOL! Took a long nap afterwards. Nice way to start the new year!

1 hour ago, AgnesBardsie said:

The Progress Report is Be-You-tiful! I'm rooting for you! You're talented, and it'd be a shame to hide the light! Let it shine!

Thanks so much @AgnesBardsie.

• Forum Moderator

Hope everyone had a Good New Years eve/day. I unfortunately had to work. only a 5 hour shift. Been heck-tick the last 3 days as my wife picked up our grandsons, 6y,21m,3mo. They have been a handful. Now she is not feeling good. Already in bed. I am going to play it safe and sleep in one of our new recliners.

I am almost convinced that I am being only word I can think of is. discriminated against. Except for tomorrow, I get the closing shift everyday. I am going to see how it plays out. As one of our assistants is getting his own store. I really don't know if it is because I am trans or just because of me.

I need to thank myself as I just caused my depression to spike. good job, Kymm

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

The new year is projected to bring us rain, wind, storms then turn colder.  I brought some work into the boat should I get board and want something to do. Only problem with that is it involves noise and saw dust.  But I suppose I can come up with a different quieter less messy task.

i wish I had learned to play a piano/keyboard when I was young. I like music especially piano or alternative like Hillary Stagg or Tim Story, and classical. If I could play it with headphones, my wife wouldn’t have to hear it and I would have something more constructive and enjoyable to do.  I like to read but I have to be in the right mood and have the right book.

enjoy your Sunday and stay out of the severe weather.

Willow

26 minutes ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

The new year is projected to bring us rain, wind, storms then turn colder.  I brought some work into the boat should I get board and want something to do. Only problem with that is it involves noise and saw dust.  But I suppose I can come up with a different quieter less messy task.

i wish I had learned to play a piano/keyboard when I was young. I like music especially piano or alternative like Hillary Stagg or Tim Story, and classical. If I could play it with headphones, my wife wouldn’t have to hear it and I would have something more constructive and enjoyable to do.  I like to read but I have to be in the right mood and have the right book.

Willow

I find doing jigsaw puzzles on the computer is very relaxing for me. I use BrainsBreaker 5. $20. You can use any picture and make a puzzle out of it. there's lots of options. They have a good trial version. I've been using this for probably 15 years or more. I've made hundreds of puzzles. Here's a link to their homepage.❤️

Play jigsaw puzzles on your computer | BrainsBreaker

10 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I am almost convinced that I am being only word I can think of is. discriminated against. Except for tomorrow, I get the closing shift everyday. I am going to see how it plays out. As one of our assistants is getting his own store. I really don't know if it is because I am trans or just because of me.

My only limited advice is perhaps don't let your emotions get sideways. 

I would like to think most people don't care what our gender is. That most adults look at character first, and professionally, productivity.

But really, it's difficult to reverse-engineer what's going on in most people's heads at any given time and get the right tab in slot B. Especially at work. I'm just happy if people keep their paws off me, and off my stuff and stay out of my house.

I guess if you wanted to play ball, you could ask your boss what it is that you can do in order to get on days or advance yourself. Sometimes this basically means asking for more responsibility, what you can do for them....

But if they are just a religious a**hole, and you are paying penance for your sin, I guess be thankful it's sometimes just about taking the money and being able to take a restroom break, if you can.

Not to be too much a ray of sunshine, but own work is basically strictly about the money, it's dreadful at times but I am apt to jump through whatever hoops to appease a passing mood or hangup and hope to stay long enough to get my bottom surgery. Period.

I had a scare this morning when I woke up. 

Nothing on me hurt, for a minute I thought I was dead, then the bathroom urge hit.

Not much to talk about, coffee was strong, now time to go out and re visit the world.

Hope all here have a good day.

LM.

11 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Would it be discrimination because you trans or because you're a woman?

At my job I notice a big change with how the guys interact with me over the last year or two. Although I'm still one of the top techs in the company the men don't want to come to me for answers anymore and occasionally talk down to me. I was starting think they were hating on me for being trans (I'm sure some are) but I wanted to think they were better people than that. So I've steadily watched my authority evaporate over the last couple years. But why? Last week, one of my coworkers made a comment and referred to me as a "thing".  The comment did set me ablaze for a few days but when I calmed down I asked him about it. The reality of it is, to some degree, he objectifies all women and I'm no exception. I've been rethinking other interaction that have left me feeling insignificant and realized this is just how these particular men treat women and if I was afab it would (from what I've seen) be completely normal but since I'm obviously not the abrupt change throws me off a bit. So at least at my job I feel there is no real discrimination toward me for being trans, it's about me being a woman.

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

So at least at my job I feel there is no real discrimination toward me for being trans, it's about me being a woman.

Probably a bit of each.

My (cis) daughter is a mechanic, and she gets it all the time.

As for being trans, that can be felt as a threat to the whole patriarchal system we live under.  I mean, why would anyone…

• Forum Moderator
28 minutes ago, Jandi said:

Probably a bit of each.

My (cis) daughter is a mechanic, and she gets it all the time.

As for being trans, that can be felt as a threat to the whole patriarchal system we live under.  I mean, why would anyone…

Absolutely happens. Transitioning made a bunch of my friends stop pestering me with tech questions. I'm still brilliant, but I'm a girl so I can't know what I'm talking about in their eyes. Absolute bliss. I hate being pestered with tech questions.

Hugs!

2 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Absolutely happens. Transitioning made a bunch of my friends stop pestering me with tech questions. I'm still brilliant, but I'm a girl so I can't know what I'm talking about in their eyes. Absolute bliss. I hate being pestered with tech questions.

Hugs!

Same here. I'm loving my new found peace and quiet.

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

if I was afab it would (from what I've seen) be completely normal but since I'm obviously not the abrupt change throws me off a bit. So at least at my job I feel there is no real discrimination toward me for being trans, it's about me being a woman.

Time to assert your female privileges! Give them the look. That’s no way to treat a lady!

• Forum Moderator
20 hours ago, LindaMarie said:

Oh, forgot to mention, I have jury duty next week

My wife was to report for jury duty this week but it was cancelled.  I imagine due to Omicron.  

7 hours ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

Willow

It's never too late to learn an instrument if you love music.

E-keyboards come with lessons built in. Enjoy.

— Davie