• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Goooood. Eeevvveeenning (use you best Boris Carlof voice in your head)

Ok, I’m home and dinner was waiting for me.  So glad for that.  

@KymmieL unfortunately I was not able to comply with “not working too hard”.  I had three really busy periods of being the only cashier and even when there were two or three of us, it was pretty busy all day.  This is spring break time and spring break begins the time here when we get lots of visitors to the beach.

Yes, I get misgendered occasionally but mostly I get referred to as female.  I have received compliments on my hair color and other things.  So yes, I am happy to be there.

Willow

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, we survived the weather.  Actually, nothing happened for most of yesterday.  Weather forecasters got it wrong again, and what was supposed to show up in the afternoon didn't arrive until late at night.  A bit of hail, but not bad.  And we had our breakfast in the basement this morning because a tornado decided to attempt a landing while the kids were getting ready for school.  🙄  Thankfully, it didn't do anything, just stayed as a funnel cloud up in the sky according to those who saw it.  I guess we were very fortunate compared to other areas of the country. 

I took a nap later in the morning because my sleep kept getting disturbed last night.....and now I'm awake again when I should be in bed. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Yesterday was a late start, today is an early start day.  So alarm went off and I’m having my coffee.  As my mother used to say, “if wishes were horses, beggars would ride”, wishing it to be less busy than yesterday but I know it will be just as bad, if not worse.  At least I don’t have to work with the newest person.  I’m not perfect and certainly wasn’t when I first started but he gets in too big a hurry and doesn’t ask questions.  Consequently he gave a customer a cash refund for a credit card charge that didn’t go through, $100.  And left his closing drawer with no change.  Correct amount in total but no change to begin the day.

@awkward-yet-sweet I’m glad you were safe from the tornados.  It’s been really bad so far this spring.  Fortunately, living near the beach, the ocean has been tempering our weather so far.  But look out once the hurricanes start coming.  This could be a bad year.

Willow

I came out to a neighbor today. Although she's very gay-supportive, I wasn't sure how she would take it because I've tried to bring it up before. She was great. She said she is very angry that government is trying to take healthcare away from trans kids. So. Relieved.

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

I came out to a neighbor today. Although she's very gay-supportive, I wasn't sure how she would take it because I've tried to bring it up before. She was great. She said she is very angry that government is trying to take healthcare away from trans kids. So. Relieved.

Glad you was able to speak to your neighbour. It is very difficult to judge how people will react. 

• Forum Moderator

@Dillon and @ShawnaB Great to hear of your acceptance.

Ever since I left my mom's I have wondered if she either knew/suspected I am trans. Reasons that I exclusively wore ladies jean shorts, plus my shaved legs, and long hair. Also some of my shirts were ladies T's. One big thing is we have a family joke, "I am watching my girlish figure." My dad used it all the time. But on Sunday I said it to my mom and she said, "I know"

When normally nothing is said after saying the joke. Most of the time moms are supposed to know their children the best. Does she or doesn't she. The world may never know.

My mom is in the if it makes you happy school. She commented on a couple ladies at her retirement apt being "Friends" While she watched a lot of CNBC during the Nashville shooting. She was quite vocal about gun control. Yet, when the idea that the shooter was trans came up she changed the channel. To a rom-com.

Who knows.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Night is falling last cup of coffee done. It was decaf. 

For you ladies that had a breast augmentation what were the criteria that made you comfortable with Dr. I am not feeling that with my Dr. Didn't even try any sizers on or ask me what profile I wanted. He just told me between 400cc an 500cc. No before and after pictures. What do I do next???

• Forum Moderator

Ok, I’m up.  At least I think I’m up.  I have a mug in my hand and I’m pretty sure it’s black coffee.  It tastes familiar like coffee.

@happyinvermont I haven’t had breast augmentation yet, but I think I’d run not walk to the next breast doctor.  If you don’t like how he’s presenting how you would look and he is just going with oh we’ll do this size with no chance for you to see how that looks or feels, it’s time to move on! IMHO!

the schedule is very different for next week. It’s ok with me,  I get to sleep in most days  as we said in the USAF, I’m on B shift.

well, I can’t dawdle, I’m on early A shift today.

Willow 

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Ok, I’m up.  At least I think I’m up.  I have a mug in my hand and I’m pretty sure it’s black coffee.  It tastes familiar like coffee.

Coffee schmoffee. ;)

9:20pm here and it's another glass of red. You're welcome! :)

Good morning, everyone!! I'm working on my third cup of coffee. I have some errands to run this morning and then will probably settle in and watch The Master's coverage this afternoon. Retirement is good.

@Mirrabooka- as my wife and I say, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. 🙂

• Forum Moderator
55 minutes ago, Mirrabooka said:

Coffee schmoffee. ;)

9:20pm here and it's another glass of red. You're welcome! :)

Hahahaa! Coffee schmoffee... Good morning everyone,

My first cup of coffee is smelling real good as steam carries the aroma around my home office space.

Later this morning I have to cut and weld steel pipe in a mostly professional looking way. So I have to leave the glass of red for the weekend. Mirraboka, you can't claim to drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Hugs for all,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
13 minutes ago, April Marie said:

@Mirrabooka- as my wife and I say, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

You're wife and I are thinking the same way. Two people and the same quote at the same time.

Hugs

One or two glasses in the evening is fine. I'd hate to imagine how I'd end up if I actually did drink red wine all day long!

might be a case of nto benig abel too carr o fncshens or  hsee df rn r rh  hhgsgetyyrj oituetraf  fgfpp!!

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mirrabooka said:

might be a case of nto benig abel too carr o fncshens or  hsee df rn r rh  hhgsgetyyrj oituetraf  fgfpp!!

On those days when you do start in the morning. You have to approach it as a marathon not a sprint.

Hugs, and I love your since of humor.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

13 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

You're wife and I are thinking the same way. Two people and the same quote at the same time.

Hugs

Too funny!!! Maybe I need to pour a drop of bourbon in my coffee to get the day started right before it's too late!!

Has anyone heard from @Maddee? She hasn't checked in since her doctor's visit the other day. I'm hoping she's OK.

• Forum Moderator
11 minutes ago, April Marie said:

Has anyone heard from @Maddee? She hasn't checked in since her doctor's visit the other day. I'm hoping she's OK.

Yes, she posted in her blog. She received difficult news, and with some grief, she is moving forward. 

She is really active in the Six Word Story thread, and her own blog. Search 'I'm my own ex-wife' and more recently 'It's Over'. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

@MirrabookaThanks for starting my day with a laugh!

I woke up chilled and also put too much sugar in my coffee. But it still feels like a good day. I'm going to dump the last inch from my cup and make a new cup without sugar. 

Light housework today and a lot of time resting in bed. The fibro fatigue is catching up with me, and I can slow it down if I take the day off. 

Y'all have me searching for a good breakfast wine

In the midst of my second cup contemplating heading to my workout today, a weightlifting session. After that reading and relaxing.

Third cup of coffee in hand. But who's counting? Not me. LOL Finally a day without repairmen stomping about. My phone service has been on the fritz (the fritz?), some sort of bizarre problem that has the phone company's best technicians scratching their heads: When a friend phones me and I answer, the friend and I will be chatting away when suddenly we'll be disconnected; I'll hear the usual sound of a "dead" line, but the friend, when we speak later, will tell me that after the disconnect she'll found herself talking to a complete stranger. One time when I was disconnected I had thought to sneak a peek at my Caller ID window and saw the digits "66666 … " in the window. The Mark of the Beast? Do you think my phone may be possessed? Should I ask the phone company if they do no-cost exorcisms? What do you think? OK, time for a fourth cup of coffee. ––Rianon

2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Yes, she posted in her blog. She received difficult news, and with some grief, she is moving forward. 

She is really active in the Six Word Story thread, and her own blog. Search 'I'm my own ex-wife' and more recently 'It's Over'. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you. I wasn't aware of the blog - will head over and see her update.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Rianon said:

Should I ask the phone company if they do no-cost exorcisms? What do you think?

LOL!  Definitely ask them to check your line.  It is obviously crossed with someone else's.

I had a problem with my phone once, where the number I'd be connected to would be totally unrelated to the number I'd dialed.  It was like phone roulette - totally random.  I had to use the pay phone (remember them?) across the street to call the phone company.  They said they'd be there in a week or two to look at it.

While I was waiting, one night I was awakened at 3:00 am by someone pounding insistently on my front door.  I realized they weren't going to go away, so I got up and checked out the front door.  Up against the glass, I could see a police shoulder badge, and the cop had his flashlight on it to make sure I could see it. 

When I opened the door, I was still too groggy to make sense of what was going on, but he finally got through to me that someone at my house had called 911 and hung up.  I explained that there was no one else living there, and that I had been asleep and hadn't used the phone.  Meanwhile, the cop's partner hiding behind the bush holstered his weapon and joined the first cop on the step.  I explained that I had been having phone trouble and that a repair visit was scheduled.

It turned out that my phone line had been shorted out by rubbing against a tree branch and was dialing random numbers all the time, not just when I tried to make a call.  That night, it had dialed 911.  I was very impressed by their response to a 911 hangup.

Dropped the landline entirely a few years ago.  Before that, the area where we were had terrible reception.  Where I am now it's fine.

I can just drop the mobile phone in my purse when I go out.  If I really don't want to use it, I can cut it off I suppose.

30 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

I had a problem with my phone once, where the number I'd be connected to would be totally unrelated to the number I'd dialed.  It was like phone roulette - totally random.

That's quite a story, Kathy Lauren! It makes my phone problem small change by comparison. I was thinking maybe I could turn my problem with random phone connections into a kind of matchmaking service: "Tired of lonely nights with no one to talk to? Call Rianon to be set up for an evening's conversation with a total stranger!"

6 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Dropped the landline entirely a few years ago.

Hi, Ivy

I'd have given up my landline a long time ago if only the phone company offered a bundle that made sense for me. I don't have a TV. I need phone service and Internet. The local phone company doesn't offer that sort of bundle; all their bundles come with TV. Of course, I'd miss the fun of telling the company's door-to-door sales reps that I don't own a TV. The looks of disbelief are precious! I'd miss the pleasure of that. LOL 

• Forum Moderator

@KathyLauren wow, that is strange that crossed wires dialed 911.

When I lived in South Dakota in the service. Our number was close to a mechanics shop a couple miles away. One day I get this call. The caller starts his sales pitch. it was from a check clearing company,(remember those) I let the guy go on and on about the benefits of their service. I even signed the shop up for it. LOL.  I was an evil (B)witch back then. mmm, still can be. LOL

Well weather is good enough to just go out in a hoodie. I got some stuff done. With some modification I got both the CB antenna on the Explorer and the new grill in the Jetta. Looks like I will have to do a repaint on the Jetta's hood. When we got the car it had some damage to the driver headlight, hood, and grill. The dealer was already having the hood and light fixed. Whom ever painted the hood. either didn't prep it right or spray it. something, cause the front of the hood looks like I drove behind a gravel train with the gate just high enough that I got showered. 

Official temp at the airport little over a mile away is 51. I need to get a new fencometer.

Hugs

Kymmie