• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

@Davie  I watched a video that was shot outside a rally.  It was an interviewer and a supporter.  The supporter was absolutely 100% convinced that all the negative things were the lies and he really was a great and honest man.  He believes he actually won the last election and was running the country secretly from Mara-la-go, the pictures of Biden as President were fake,  he only believes what he reads on online blogs, they are the only real truth.  You get the picture.  Our country has lost its common sense.

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@rachel wI was so happy when my granddaughter was born. The first girl since my generation. I was able to meet her before my wife. She is such a doll. But I love all 5 of my grandchildren, hard for me to believe that I have been a grandparent for as of the end of this month 8 yrs. holey sniky. Congratulations, grandma.

Well my civic duty is over. we turned in our verdict yesterday morning. Had a great experience doing it. So back to work today and tomorrow. Unless they let me off. Which is doubtful, I would bet if it were anyone else they would. I at the point that I don't even think the manager believes me. However, I have the signed and sealed. (embossed and everything) letter that proves it.

Have all next week off. original plan was Bowling Green, KY for the Buick GS nationals. Wagon isn't even close to being done. Still no intake. Gonna call again today. Then it was taking the Explorer to Moab. Then yesterday the wife says I want to see our oldest grandson before his birthday. Just seen a text that puts a wrench in that. Grandson has Bday parties to go too. Yea, for him. So unknown what I am doing next week. May work on the wagon, or the bike or the Explorer. Who knows what next week will bring.

Hugs,

Kymmie

33 minutes ago, Willow said:

New borns, so tiny and fragile.  Believe it or not, they start bonding immediately.  Congratulations @rachel w

Yes congratulations.   I have fun reminding my grown kids that "Grandchildren are the best revenge."  LOL.

Thanks @Willow. Well put. I guess it's a firm grasp of reality that's important. But I can relate. When I was on the plane coast-to-coast to Boston, crying out from the pain in my back, I did not want to be in reality (I'm glad no one offered me illegal drugs just then—addictive ones I woulda taken). Now, when I look back on my life, I hate to see that big lie that I carried all that time, and how I stuffed all those feminine feelings. I guess God gifted me with a complicated life. So be it. It ain't easy, but it's mine, Cheers.

2 hours ago, Davie said:

Feeling anxious now. Meeting my new therapist today. We've met before, but just for intros—not serious change ideas. Don't want to change right now because I'm feeling overwhelmed. "Want to become a cis male in the suburbs who plays golf, votes for Trump because he's so honest." — Oh, gross! Guess some change is OK. I scare myself. Here goes. More later.

— Davie

Yeah I can imagine meeting someone new I hope they meet your expectations. What happened to your old therapist? Yeah I'm the opposite I wished I was a cis gendered female. 

3 hours ago, rachel w said:

Good morning   I have some very good news the coffee is in the pot, no the good news is I have a granddaughter as of wed 9 lbs 15 ounce I was so cool got to hold her so little, thanks every one for just being here

Yeah I can imagine how it feels to have a granddaughter I don't wish for one so soon though my kids are too young. Seven and two year old boys. Maybe in twenty years. 

2 hours ago, Willow said:

Hi, I would like to have slept later, but that’s the way it goes I guess.  Coffee is going in.  

drive through coffee, hmmm 🤔 Does The Starbucks drive up window count?  It not a kiosk but it is coffee and you don’t get out of your car.  Those are all over the East coast whether it’s a site all by itself or in a strip of stores the always have a window here.  Dunkin’ is like that and KrispyKreeme.  Wonderful, made fresh, HOT NOW, melt in your mouth pure calories KrispyKreeme donuts.  Homer Simpson’s got nothing on us.  DONUTS!

believe it or not, it’s a day off for me.  Two in one week, quite unusual.  Whoops.  Take that back.  Just got called in for overtime 4 to 8.  I guess I can use the $.

Willow

I'm sorry you had to get called in. I guess it's not too bad since it's only four hours. I wished I could handle doughnuts. They don't agree with my body. I feel so sluggish and sick. 

9 hours ago, kira_k said:

Good Morning,

That's wonderful news. Congratulations to the parents and hope you enjoy every moment of it too.

thank you

thank you all I think we all in this world could use more good news, need that positive vibes

Good morning!! Working on my second cup of coffee and trying to catch up a bit after pretty much being off the internet yesterday and working around our home.  

Congratulations @rachel w!!! What wonderful news it is and we could definitely use more of that. Enjoy your new granddaughter!!!

Be safe, happy and enjoy this beautiful day!!

Good morning!

Had a tweet from what used to be my 'alternate' 'trans twitter' account go so viral that both my kids came across it, even the one who hasn't been on Twitter for years, which led to transphobes chiming in and my first ever personal transphobic attack, so cross that milestone off the list. 

The transphobes attack the looks of all the young attractive trans women so it's less effective when it comes your way. Anyway, have a good weekend!

25 minutes ago, RhondaS said:

Good morning!

Had a tweet from what used to be my 'alternate' 'trans twitter' account go so viral that both my kids came across it, even the one who hasn't been on Twitter for years, which led to transphobes chiming in and my first ever personal transphobic attack, so cross that milestone off the list. 

The transphobes attack the looks of all the young attractive trans women so it's less effective when it comes your way. Anyway, have a good weekend!

Ugh. I'm so sorry you have to go through this @RhondaS - it never ceases to amaze me by how people hiding behind a keyboard feel entitled to judge others and how righteous they feel they are. 

3 hours ago, April Marie said:

people hiding behind a keyboard feel entitled to judge others and how righteous they feel they are. 

It's pretty sick.

Some of the comments are so hateful.  There are people I follow on there, but I don't really post stuff myself.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:35 AM, Ashley0616 said:

Yeah I can imagine meeting someone new I hope they meet your expectations. What happened to your old therapist?

Thanks @Ashley0616Yes. She seems excellent. Open, non-judgmental, not afraid of difficult discussion topics, willing to work with my writing style, and experienced with many other trans folks. My previous therapist was inexperienced and too timid—she couldn't deliver much  feedback. The new one seems eager to share her experiences and insights. Plus, she's an ally from the LGBTQIA+ spectrum. I feel both well cared-for and relieved to have found her. If the mind/body idea is true—it should even help my sore back. 💜  

Yesterday went to Boston for a show, the place had restrooms marked as 'stalls' or 'stalls and urinals', that was new to me!

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day! We worked hard around our home yesterday - power washing the porches and outside furniture and then setting it all out. Then we had a quick dip in the pool before going to church.

Our priest focused his homily on mothers and Mother's Day. Towards the end he asked all mothers to stand up to receive a special prayer...and then offered for anyone who identified as female to rise also. He is one of the few people who know my status - I have not come out publicly so I remained seated. My wife looked back at me and reached out her hand to take mine and whispered "I will stand for both of us." I had to work hard to hold back the tears.

Today will be a rest day. I hope you all have a wonderful and love-filled day. 

Be safe and find the goodness in this day we've been given.

• Forum Moderator
7 minutes ago, April Marie said:

I will stand for both of us.

That is beautiful! 🙂

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,🌈:coffee:

Today we celebrate Mother's Day. So happy Mother's Day to all Moms, Step-Moms aka (Bonus Moms) Foster Moms, Moms-In-Law, Grand Moms. As well as those who filled in for Moms, when they were lost. Aunt's, Sisters, and the Moms in your life.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋💖

4 hours ago, RhondaS said:

restrooms marked as 'stalls' or 'stalls and urinals', that was new to me!

New one on me too.  But it could work.

Happy Mother's Day to all. Went to church and no one suspected that I was an MTF. My voice was ok and was definitely struggling which is why I can't wait to have surgery for that and it will be effortless. Hope y'all have a good day!

good afternoon, and as others have said, happy mothers' day! hope everyone's doing well today. today has only one problem and it's a good one to have: not knowing the dress code for the school art show tomorrow. one of my pieces got in, and i don't know the dress code for the reception.

• Forum Moderator
17 minutes ago, GlitchedSalvation said:

one of my pieces got in, and i don't know the dress code for the reception.

Congratulations on having an art piece chosen for the Art Show.

I'm sure you'll look wonderful.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
On 5/11/2023 at 3:09 PM, ChloeL said:

Most of the coffee kiosks around here are tiny, with no dine-in, just cars pulling up on either side of the kiosk.

Hey there Chloe,

We used to have several drive up coffee kiosks here in the Indianapolis, IN area. They seemed to take over the abandoned drive up FotoMats. Then FiveBucks coffee moved into the area and drove them out of business.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

FotoMat.jpg

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Hey there Chloe,

We used to have several drive up coffee kiosks here in the Indianapolis, IN area. They seemed to take over the abandoned drive up FotoMats. Then FiveBucks coffee moved into the area and drove them out of business.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

FotoMat.jpg

That's really awesome to see!  The kiosk where I work isn't quite that small, though it seems tiny sometimes!

The whole era of FotoMats is before my time obviously.  Did they really develop pictures there?  It really seems too small for that.  I would guess they sent the film somewhere at night to be developed.

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, ChloeL said:

I would guess they sent the film somewhere at night to be developed.

Yes Chloe, they had to send the film off to be developed, but you could buy replacement film as you dropped off your exposed film. Then Polaroid self developing film cut into the business edging out Kodak. Then they both got hit hard when cameras went digital. 

Changing Times, 

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

16 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Then they both got hit hard when cameras went digital.

I always wanted to get into photography more, but couldn't afford the film and all.  When the digital cameras came in, it opened up a new world.  Once you had the camera, you could take unlimited pix, and just delete the crap and save the best stuff.  Then add in photoshop, and you can crop, and play with layers, adding text - I mean wow.  

Unfortunately, having a phone with a camera, I seldom carry my Nikon around anymore.  I need to get back to it.