• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

4 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

My sister is also 4 yrs older.

My only sibling, a brother, is 3y8m older than me. We have never been close. I had no contact with him for 10 years until last year when my father died. We got along well then, doing what we had to do, and admittedly it was friendly, but there has been no contact since. I don't care.

Age gap is a real thing as far as sibling friendship goes.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mirrabooka said:

I used to get a kick out of telling much younger people that something measured up at 2 metres 4 and a half inches,

I like this.

Even though we are pretty much still on American/Imperial measurements here, you have to have some familiarity with metrics.  We have 5K runs and stuff like that.  And if you want to work on your car…

1 hour ago, Mirrabooka said:

My only sibling, a brother, is 3y8m older than me. We have never been close.

I have a brother that's near 10 years younger--same deal. That said, my other brother that's 20 months younger (say that 10 times fast 😁) and I rarely connect outside of general family gatherings. So, say what you will about sibling bonds or, rather, my lack thereof.

Finally found out boss did fire a co worker I hated.A mechanic and I was one of 3 mechanics fixing his screw ups.Plus he would go into other other mechanic's toolboxes taking off with tools without asking.One was mine,one was a diesel compression tester kit of mine and broke the gauge part which I will have my Snap On dealer order me a new gauge tommorrow when he comes in

• Forum Moderator
20 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Plus he would go into other other mechanic's toolboxes taking off with tools without asking

When I worked as a mechanic in a truck shop. The standard saying was: If you have to borrow a tool more than three times, you need to buy one of your own. 

Blue collar hands,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

37 minutes ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Plus he would go into other other mechanic's toolboxes taking off with tools without asking.One was mine,one was a diesel compression tester kit of mine and broke the gauge part which I will have my Snap On dealer order me a new gauge tommorrow when he comes in

Wow.  To borrow things and break them... that's what we call a "USDA A-Grade Crap Filet."  Most mechanics hate it when others borrow their tools...or even touch them.  And that's with permission.  Without permission?  My GF would probably put somebody in the hospital for that. 

And definitely, if they gotta borrow something multiple times...better be buying their own when that paycheck shows up.  At least get the Harbor Freight version.  Most of their stuff ain't that bad. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, 

Winter is hanging on to this last day. Overnight temperatures dropped into the low 20° range. I placed two felt like moving blankets over my little tulip garden and will remove them once the temperature reaches the 30° degree range. It will be a full day of sunshine so that will help. 

The coffee is HOT, strong and black. The birds are active at the feeders trying to stave off the cold. I may have to mow the lawn this weekend, which is unusually early for us in this growing zone. 

Hugs

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_0647.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

@Mmindy I don’t know how you got ahold of a picture of me pre-coffee! but did you have to share it with everyone?  lol

Other than therapeutic situations I suppose I shouldn’t talk about family in anyway bad way since they have all passed away.  I am the sole survivor of my siblings.  Nieces nephews I don’t know. Cousins too but mostly I’ve never met my cousins nor have I met some of my nieces and nephews.  That’s what happens when you are the youngest and have half siblings old enough to have been you parents that lived nearly 1000 miles from where you grew up.  I have/had? a nephew who told me to my face he would not call me Uncle Bill since he was older than I.

Tools, so does anyone ever find your missing tools?  I have lost more than my share over the years.  Now it’s not like I have much use for them anymore but it would be nice to have some of them back.

i saw pictures of my last boat on Marketplace yesterday.  Oh my, it’s in worse shape now than when I bought it and he wants more money for it then I sold it for.  From what I could see he has ripped out most of the interior, sails are missing. The engine has a significant knock it didn’t have before.  It was hard to believe it was the same boat.  Oh and he posted specifications for a different boat suggesting the were the specs for this one.  Anyone with half a brain could see they didn’t match up.

well, he’ll never sell it for what he is asking.  

I have a good friend who is getting her bottom surgery today!  When it’s over she’ll be a new woman!  I’m happy for her.  Between having to get accepted in the program, getting set back because she couldn’t quit smoking and having top surgery first it has been a long hard road but she finally reached her goal.

everyone please have a “coffee” for Lilith today!

hugs

Willow

Well hopefully today will be better than yesterday. I have hopes on it. I get to talk to the trans group of Mississippi. I did tell them about this forum maybe there will be some more people that will join! Today I was able to get my son to get up for the school bus. I felt like I was dragging butt today. I'm hopping to start feeling great in the morning again. 

19 minutes ago, Willow said:

I am the sole survivor of my siblings.

This is me as well.  Although I am also the oldest.  Only one of my sisters lived to see me start transition, and she was supportive.  I do occasionally speak with my brother in law.

I do have a few cousins left (5) but they all live in different parts of the country and we are not close at all.

23 minutes ago, Willow said:

does anyone ever find your missing tools?

They usually turn up after I've replaced them.

I had a neighbor steal a bunch of my tools I had set out to work on my bike. When I asked, he just shrugged, but he also smiled. A few weeks after he moved out the state police came asking about him. I could only shrug, knowing nothing. Later, I smiled to myself thinking that karma had taken care of justice for me.

49 minutes ago, Willow said:

a “coffee” for Lilith today!

A “coffee” for Lilith! Cheers, girl!

• Forum Moderator

@Ivyand @Willow 

I've found tools in door pockets or canvas bags that I used while making a service call for family or friends. The one thing I did to keep from having my shop tools diapering, was to buy my wife a small toolbox with the typical hand tool one would need in the home. I also bought her a 12' tape measure that was a different color than mine, and wrote her name on it.

Afternoon nap is in my future,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

My biggest problem was my oldest son.  It didn't bother me if he used something, but he never put it back.  I'd find stuff just lying around.  At one point I put a lock on them.

Of course now he's got more stuff than me.  Since he only has daughters we'll see how things go for him.  But they are kinda tomboys.  And one of my grown daughters is a mechanic herself.  So his stuff may not be safe either.

I still say, "Grandchildren are the best revenge".

65586436_Screenshot_20240319-1428102.thumb.png.0f9df05464533fb8297ba85e785b6ce5.png

Ordered new glasses from Zenni optical. 

My current pair is fine except a lady at the centre used to want to clean them all the time for me. She used paper towels from the dispenser in the bathroom and slowly scratched the heck out of them. She was just trying to be helpful so I never said nothing about it to her. 

She unfortunately passed a couple months ago, so I can safely purchase new glasses without too much worry. 

18 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Wow.  To borrow things and break them... that's what we call a "USDA A-Grade Crap Filet."  Most mechanics hate it when others borrow their tools...or even touch them.  And that's with permission.  Without permission?  My GF would probably put somebody in the hospital for that. 

And definitely, if they gotta borrow something multiple times...better be buying their own when that paycheck shows up.  At least get the Harbor Freight version.  Most of their stuff ain't that bad. 

I have one on order and we got another one back he did as a comeback.Did not do electrical repairs right which did come close to a fire waiting to happen

2 hours ago, Birdie said:

65586436_Screenshot_20240319-1428102.thumb.png.0f9df05464533fb8297ba85e785b6ce5.png

Ordered new glasses from Zenni optical. 

My current pair is fine except a lady at the centre used to want to clean them all the time for me. She used paper towels from the dispenser in the bathroom and slowly scratched the heck out of them. She was just trying to be helpful so I never said nothing about it to her. 

She unfortunately passed a couple months ago, so I can safely purchase new glasses without too much worry. 

That was very sweet of her. I'm sorry that she passed away :( 

Met my boyfriend's family last night,it went good.His dad and I had a little talk and said he accepts me in his life now see his son and I are happy together.Boyfriend and I also got curious last night too.We got intimate last night having sex for the first time and both loved it.Started with looking at each other at my place going into my room.He was good with it doing it for the first time with a pre op transwoman.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

another day in the books.  My friend seems to be in a good mood this morning with her Facebook post.  But I suppose it could be the pain killers too.  @Adrianna Danielle you little minx lol.  Glad this is going well for you.

@Birdie I have to admit I’m not as carful with my glasses as I should be. But I never use paper on them.  Ouch!  When mine get scratched is usually from dropping them or because I don’t put them in their case.  I frequently fall asleep with them still on then wake up a couple hours later realizing I’m still wearing my glasses and put them on the night stand.  Good thing I have my head and feet raised when I read in bed, it keeps me on my back.  I do flatten the bed after that because I like to sleep on my side.

Otherwise, not much to talk about on my end.  I still have 200 pages to read in my textbook plus the entire Old Testament.  Ok I’ve read most if not all of Genesis and Exodus but beyond that it’s here and there.  I should manage a good chunk tomorrow as I go see my Endocrinologist and that’s 4 hours of driving and I have the audiobook Bible I can listen to.  Traffic is pretty light most of the way and I use my cruise control so I won’t get a speeding ticket.

ill have to see how that goes compared to reading a book.  Anybody have experience with audiobooks while driving?  I know my daughter does it all the time.

Willow

25 minutes ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

another day in the books.  My friend seems to be in a good mood this morning with her Facebook post.  But I suppose it could be the pain killers too.  @Adrianna Danielle you little minx lol.  Glad this is going well for you.

@Birdie I have to admit I’m not as carful with my glasses as I should be. But I never use paper on them.  Ouch!  When mine get scratched is usually from dropping them or because I don’t put them in their case.  I frequently fall asleep with them still on then wake up a couple hours later realizing I’m still wearing my glasses and put them on the night stand.  Good thing I have my head and feet raised when I read in bed, it keeps me on my back.  I do flatten the bed after that because I like to sleep on my side.

Otherwise, not much to talk about on my end.  I still have 200 pages to read in my textbook plus the entire Old Testament.  Ok I’ve read most if not all of Genesis and Exodus but beyond that it’s here and there.  I should manage a good chunk tomorrow as I go see my Endocrinologist and that’s 4 hours of driving and I have the audiobook Bible I can listen to.  Traffic is pretty light most of the way and I use my cruise control so I won’t get a speeding ticket.

ill have to see how that goes compared to reading a book.  Anybody have experience with audiobooks while driving?  I know my daughter does it all the time.

Willow

He remembered the saying in the movie The Water Boy,you can do it.It was not boring at all too with him.Last guy I did it with before him,it was boring

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone,

I just rinsed out the coffee pot and dumped the grounds into the compost. I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

IMG_0657.jpeg

Today was another horrible morning. The ex has finally decided to give up 30 minutes and I agreed because at this point I'll take whatever I can get. My medication requires more than 6 hours of sleep. My medication count is now at 27 which is ridiculous for 39 years old. I'm hoping I can get off of some meds. Some are vitamins because I'm on so much. 

• Forum Moderator

Hugs, @Ashley0616

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

On 3/20/2024 at 8:14 AM, Adrianna Danielle said:

Met my boyfriend's family last night,it went good.His dad and I had a little talk and said he accepts me in his life now see his son and I are happy together.Boyfriend and I also got curious last night too.We got intimate last night having sex for the first time and both loved it.Started with looking at each other at my place going into my room.He was good with it doing it for the first time with a pre op transwoman.

Mind if I live bicurious through you? lol I wished I had that so bad! I'm glad that his dad and you clicked well and the other family members too. As much as I would love that I do tend to push people away because of abandonment issues. Most people run away anyway once they find I'm trans. I live bicurious though music and tv and even gaming. What can I say I'm a hopeless romantic. 

3 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Hugs, @Ashley0616

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you!