• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Mosquitos have been terrible here this year.  Most everyone has been complaining.  They flew over with a mosquito spray a couple days ago but it hasn’t made any difference yet.  Unfortunately we live in an area where they grew rice, so it’s pretty much marsh land.  And we’ve had double or better rain so far this year.  I believe the whole east coast has had way more rain then normal.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

They spray for mosquitoes all through the summer.  About twice a week  I hear the sprayer  truck going behind our place. Normally only have the bugs in the spring  before the spray is totally  effective. 

Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator

Not too many mosquitoes here.  The dragonflies hatch around mid-July and do a good job of taking care of them.

I went to a yoga class down on the pier at the harbour last night.  I haven't done yoga in nearly 40 years.  It was a small group - five of us, plus the instructor - and I already knew three of the other ladies.  It was very pleasant, watching the sun going down, and listening to the waves on the beach.  I need to work on rebuilding my flexibility and muscle tone.  I am still swollen a bit in places, enough that I couldn't do any moves that involved putting the knees together. 

Off to the community coffee group this morning, with some of the same ladies.

• Forum Moderator

@KathyLauren - that sounds fabulous Kathy, how fun. :)

Coffee tastes great this morning, the sun just coming up here as I type this, going to be another groovy day.

C

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

Not too many mosquitoes here.  The dragonflies hatch around mid-July and do a good job of taking care of them.

I noticed quite a few dragonflies around here on my walk this morning. Maybe the recent cooler damper weather has brought them on. There are some, fairly new fishing lakes close by. I have been expecting an upsurge of mosquitos since they were dug,  but, apart from an increase in some other less noxious type of fly, it hasn't happened. Maybe the lakes are well stocked with fish which sort many out, plus the large bird population has it's share. Keeping fingers crossed lol

Tracy

• Forum Moderator
30 minutes ago, Abi said:

I can taste food again!!! I am having coffee and blueberry pancakes in celebration.

I am glad you are feeling better!. Hopefully over it!

Happy Birthday ? - Have a lovely day x

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

I think our dragon flies are over fed.  I’ve never seen them so big as they are this year.  Plenty of mosquitos for them to eat. 

Have a great day everyone 

Willow

1 hour ago, tracy_j said:

I am glad you are feeling better!. Hopefully over it!

Happy Birthday ? - Have a lovely day x

Tracy

Thanks Tracy, I am still a bit under the weather but getting better each day. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Abi said:

I can taste food again!!! I am having coffee and blueberry pancakes in celebration.

Good morning Abi, it is good to here that things are going better.

The coffee is hot, black and strong. My body is sluggish because I'm back in real time ie Eastern Time Zone US after spending 10 day in the Mountain Time Zone playing hard on vacation. Hopefully I'll reset my body clock this weekend.

Hugs and best wishes to everyone here on TransPulse

Mindy???

@Mmindy Thanks for the well wishes. I hope vacation was great. Sounds like it was. I would have a hard time returning from vacation if I ever got to take one. I am an expert staycationer. :)

• Forum Moderator

sometimes I need a vacation from my vacation. I'm just waiting for the coffee to get done. God, Mindy Black coffee yuck. I can't drink it that way. But Hey my parents drank it that way for years. That was before I acquired the taste for the stuff. 

Well my Saturday today. I have a honeydo  I need to replace the gasket on the filler neck on the wife's car. Then my fun begins I am doing a stage 1 upgrade to the bike. Once I get over that. I may work on the system in the crowny.

Have a great day

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
29 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

God, Mindy Black coffee yuck.

Good morning KymmieL,

The only thing I put in my coffee is the occasional chocolate chip cookie. While on vacation in the evening I'll go for some Bailey's Irish Cream, or a touch of Jim Beam. Nothing cleanses the palate after a fork full of moist Dark Chocolate Cake than a sip of strong black coffee from the Black Rifle Coffee Company. 

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Nothing cleanses the palate after a fork full of moist Dark Chocolate Cake than a sip of strong black coffee from the Black Rifle Coffee Company.

You said the magic words.  When can I come over? :D

39 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

You said the magic words.  When can I come over? :D

Me too!  Really good coffee should be served black so you can appreciate the changing flavor notes as it cools. Bad coffee needs disguising ;) and should never be drunk. lol

• Forum Moderator

???  to the three of you. JK ladies. One of the guys I worked with was Navy and would recycle the brewed coffee back into the pot for the new batch. He wanted spoon melting strong. Then again he was Navy so. LOL

I remember one time while in the Air Force I made some coffee in the missile field, it was so bad, no matter how much sugar I put in it, I couldn't improve the taste.

Now that dark Chocolate cake is calling my name. I am a chocoholic. then again aren't most girls anyway. As long as it isn't the German chocolate with the coconut I'll be just fine, cannot stand shredded coconut. 

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

Mmmm...chocolate. Now where did I put that bag of Hershey’s Kisses?

sounds yummy, right now I'll half to settle for Traders dark chocolate coconut covered almonds, oh my the bag on the kitchen table keeps calling me...

• Forum Moderator

@KathyLauren @Bri2020 @Cyndee @ElizabethStar @KymmieL

You all or Y'all are always welcome at my home. I'll start a fresh pot of coffee, I don't always have cake but I know a girl who delivers. I'm a Chocoholic as well, we keep a half gallon plastic container filled with Garideli Dark Chocolate Chips 60% coca in three refrigerator, and eat them by the hand full.

Mindy???

Road trip to @Mmindy's. !!  

Gratitude Friday:  First, thank the goddess it's Friday!  I've come to love my weekends lately.  As a biz owner, I never really had a set schedule so weekends didn't mean as much to me but since reopening in a Covid world, I am at the clinic M-F and now really appreciate my 2 days of me time.

Next up, my new therapist.  She rocks.  She is so encouraging but still challenges me to work through the things I may be trying to avoid. Loved my two sessions with her so far. 

Reston VA: I always like this town/community, but now that I'm out of the closet, I have come to realize what an awesome and inclusive place this is.  It was designed in the 60s as the first planned community in the US, and the founders wanted to promote equality and harmony in their design. While much of the original design ideas didn't stand the test of time, it has developed into such a liberal and inclusive blend of people. All of northern VA is pretty left of center, but Reston stands out from the rest of the area. I am truly blessed to be here as a transgender person.

Lastly, as always, my family and circle are just amazing. (that includes everyone here on TGF forum) A big shout out to all of them and you for making my life wonderful right now.

Hugs and kisses

Bri

Coffee is long gone.

I realized that I haven't visited the forums in way too long this morning. My months have been spent drawing, painting, framing and entering art shows. With a fair amount of success: I've had 6 pieces accepted into 4 exhibitions, rejected from 2, still waiting on another, and working on finishing 2 more pieces for planned entry into another exhibition. Work has kept me busy and fulfilled.

But I'm at a loss for getting my personal life in order. I'm sorta halfway out to a very few select people. But family and long standing friends and school acquaintances I'm not out to. Since my HRT begins next week (finally!) hopefully anyway, I'm going to be reaching a point in the near future where remaining closeted will not be possible.

That scares me a lot.

On the personal plus side, my Laser hair removal is preceding nicely - I'm mostly smooth these days with no need to shave, except my face (beard is 90% white and won't laser).

So here I am, old. Still not on HRT. But enjoying some artistic success.

Popping in to say "hi!" and promising to stay in touch better from now on.

• Forum Moderator

I would love to see your work and you want to talk about try - try a 68 year old model....put put put put....

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Popping in to say "hi!" and promising to stay in touch better from now on.

Hey there @TammyAnne I'm a Late Boomer Bloomer too, borrowing from an earlier post @Jandi made.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe

Mindy

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

I realized that I haven't visited the forums in way too long this morning.

Hi @TammyAnne.  Sounds like you are very busy.  Unfortunately you weren't able to travel to Maine for the summer? Great news on starting HRT.  I think you'll like it!  Coming out to others in your life is difficult but it will free you of your secret and allow you to live peacefully.  Hope to see you around the forum! 

Cheers, 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

What a great day it’s been.

First, definitely Black, dark roast drip coffee.  

definitely a chocolate fan.  I opened the bag of Nestle morsels just to get a few today

Figuring out how to come out and to whom is the most difficult challenge I’ve come up against.  I know I need to make it happen because nothing makes me as happy as when I can be out in public.  Well, ok that’s behind my wife children and granddaughters but you know what I mean.

Speaking of that, my wife and I went to the mall for the first time since March.  It felt really invigorating to be out in public.  No strange looks, no One misgendered me.  Got referred to as ma’am or ladies everywhere.

Finally got my eye liner right then ruined it with my eyeshadow.  I had to remove it and start over.  Still looked good.

At the mall we both got some makeup and I got two T’s a skort and a pair of shorts.

Nothing like a little retail therapy when it goes so well.

oh, and I started my day meeting my new primary care doc.  That went well too.  He knows and nothing to suggest he has any concerns with me.

Like I said, a great day!  I hope everyone had as good a day.

Love

Willow