• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Happy birthday @Mmindy

Thank you, it was a good day.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Susan R said:

?Happy Birthday @Mmindy! That’s a helluva ride!

Susan R?

Thank you I’m so looking forward to the next few trips around the Sun, and the affects of transition.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

@Mmindy Happy Birthday, Hon. Hope your day is great.

Kymmie

Thank you Kymmie, it was a good day.

No coffee for me, but a cup of tea at my daughter's house as I met her new puppy and then came out to her and got nothing but support.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

Happy birthday Mindy

Thank you Emily,

HUGS

I feel like I'm crashing someone's party here, but truth is, after reaching out to the local LGBTQ center a couple more times and being blatantly ignored, you all are my place to go. So, here I am, crashing the party.

The tea is hot, and I'm lazy as heck to begin my work-from-home day.

6 hours ago, RhondaS said:

No coffee for me, but a cup of tea at my daughter's house as I met her new puppy and then came out to her and got nothing but support.

That's wonderful Rhonda! So glad you have your daughter's support. It makes me smile and hope for the best for me too.

5 hours ago, Noah A said:

I feel like I'm crashing someone's party here, but truth is, after reaching out to the local LGBTQ center a couple more times and being blatantly ignored, you all are my place to go. So, here I am, crashing the party.

That's wonderful Rhonda! So glad you have your daughter's support. It makes me smile and hope for the best for me too.

Welcome Noah!

I don't think anyone thinks of you as crashing the party. Just join in the fun and smile!

Hugs,

TA

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

coffee is hot. Sun is up. But rain expected later in the week from ETA.  

Noah I’m sorry you were ignored at your LGBTQI Center.  That seems out of place.  Everyone is welcome to join in here.  Look around and you’ll find lots of people talking about a lot of different things.  Glad we can be a source of support for each other.

Willow

Good morning. Well today should be interesting, first time I’ve worked with a partner since February. See if I can remember how to play nice with them lol. The major bonus, he’s driving so I have more time to sit back and drink my morning coffee! Have a fabulous day of sparkles and sunshine everyone.

• Forum Moderator

Noah, I know how you feel. I have reached out to the University LGBTQ center with the same results. the one place I never expected to not receive an answer from. Oh well I have been on this journey mostly alone. with the exceptions of TP and the VA.

Last night was terrible. and it has pretty much spilled over to how I am feeling this morning. I just keep wondering, why has god put me in this situation and maybe I would be better off dead.  No I am not thinking of the big S.

Sorry I cannot finish I just.

Have a great day

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL. Hang in there we all have bad days and really bad days but the sun always comes up in the morning.  We are all here for you reach out if you need to talk or vent.

Hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Noah A said:

I'm sorry to read you have been rebuffed by the local center there.  I don't know much about your local area other than that I have a friend there who says it is beautiful.  I am surprised as I have long thought it to be a progressive area.  I would continue to reach out.  LGBT centers are notoriously understaffed.

In the meantime, we are here as your sounding board.  Please continue to share here.

Hugs, Jani

Thank you all! I really feel welcome and it makes a huge difference.

@Jani Yes, this is a progressive area. There must be a reason for the lgbt center to not respond yet. I'm not giving up on them yet. I am ok with this and not a moping heap because you all are here and are so warm and supportive. Otherwise it would be a completely different story.

So thank you all ❤️ 

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, Noah A said:

So, here I am, crashing the party.

@Noah Ayou will always be welcome to make your tea report here, and feel welcome among like people.

Best wishes, stay positive and safe,

Mindy???

4 hours ago, Noah A said:

There must be a reason for the lgbt center to not respond yet. I'm not giving up on them yet. I am ok with this and not a moping heap because you all are here and are so warm and supportive.

When I first contacted the gender therapist I was hoping to start seeing, her website said she'd respond within 48 hours. It ended up being about a week and a half or so. It turned out, she's just been pretty busy (which proved to be a good sign), but that can be very frustrating and worrying in the meantime! I hope you hear back soon and have good luck with them.

• Forum Moderator
On 11/8/2020 at 7:31 PM, RhondaS said:

Rhonda, that's great news, plus you met a new puppy.

Hugs,

Mindy

We hired 2 new people last week. One of them is the daughter of a friend. He had passed away close 15 years ago, I hadn't seen her since. She was 10. I don't know if she'll recognize me or not  Just might be a little weird.

The other girl is in our warehouse working on special projects. It's nice to see another woman hired for tech work. It's been only me since my friend quit last month.

Our parts manager has been calling me sir a lot lately and never corrects himself. Today he called me sir in front of a client. Thankfully it's one of the client's who knows about me. Still it's happening. It's not a conversation I want to have but I have to say something.

In other news. My wife and I are getting a long a lot better. She made it clear that she's still not happy with me for not telling her I planned on transitioning but we are doing better. I was able to talk with her about the planned changes in my "meds" at the end of the week. She actually told me my nails look pretty tonight. That's never happened before.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

Our parts manager has been calling me sir a lot lately and never corrects himself. Today he called me sir in front of a client. Thankfully it's one of the client's who knows about me. Still it's happening. It's not a conversation I want to have but I have to say something.

In other news. My wife and I are getting a long a lot better. She made it clear that she's still not happy with me for not telling her I planned on transitioning but we are doing better. I was able to talk with her about the planned changes in my "meds" at the end of the week. She actually told me my nails look pretty tonight. That's never happened before.

Elizabeth, yes you do need to correct the parts manager, even if it means getting HR involved. I'm sorry you had to put up with that.

I'm really encouraged by your other news, and your apparent coming around with your transition. My Suzie is getting better at recognition of my transgender issues. She even joked about my softening fashion. I'm even asking her to help me with stretching before and after our workouts. 

Hugs,

Mindy???

Ok, I know I'm a show off.  I have no social media whatsoever (except here of course), but something about my feminine mind says "that's such a cute outfit, I should post a picture of it online" (so all the world can adore me).  That same feminine mind then says "Oh my god!  My nose is huge!  I have chicken legs!  I'm so vain!  Everybody hates me!  Why did I post that?"  lol!

Anyway, this is how I dressed for my first therapy appointment.  I only had to travel to the other end of the room, but it's a start.  It may be telehealth, but I met a total stranger today looking like that.  I've never done that before.  It was actually my first video call ever.  She was fine with it and very nice by the way.

It was like...two months ago I was holding my smart phone in my hand, and Jackie Rabbit was looking up at me saying "go to transgender pulse dot com, get a therapist, come on...you can do this!"  Now I have a forum, a weekly therapist I can afford, and the cat in the hat is out of the bag like never before.  Feeling really grateful today.  ☀

Glad to hear about those of you getting support from family members. 

20201109_152241-01.jpeg

3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

We hired 2 new people last week. One of them is the daughter of a friend. He had passed away close 15 years ago, I hadn't seen her since. She was 10. I don't know if she'll recognize me or not  Just might be a little weird.

Wow, small world! That's got to be an odd sensation. Dying to know how things turn out with that. Hoping for the best ❤️.

Very sad to hear about the belated passing of her parent. That couldn't have been easy at that age. I have a late cousin who left behind a daughter, so my heart goes out...

Sorry to hear about the parts manager. Unfortunately, there's always going to be people like that ?. The strong "benefit of the doubt" side of me is hoping there's just some kind of unexplained misunderstanding, but...I have to admit, as you've described it, that does sound an awful lot like passive aggression to me... ? I know I would hate being in the position of initiating an HR chat about a problematic co-worker, but, misunderstanding or not, it sounds like that may very well be the best thing, both for you and your organization. Harassment of a coworker, no matter the exact form it takes, nor the circumstances, intentional or otherwise, is just never acceptable in the workplace.

2 hours ago, Ann W said:

Ok, I know I'm a show off.  I have no social media whatsoever (except here of course), but something about my feminine mind says "that's such a cute outfit, I should post a picture of it online" (so all the world can adore me).  That same feminine mind then says "Oh my god!  My nose is huge!  I have chicken legs!  I'm so vain!  Everybody hates me!  Why did I post that?"  lol!

Sounds very familiar to me... ;) And I always love seeing your latest ensembles!

And I envy your figure! I had a build like that once...then I turned 13! ;) (Working on it, though!)

I'd post more pics myself, but I'm still building up a checklist of basics, nevermind putting a whole look together! (Plus, a lot of my latest gains are intimates and sleepwear...not exactly appropriate for here ;) )

3 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

Sounds very familiar to me... ;) And I always love seeing your latest ensembles!

And I envy your figure! I had a build like that once...then I turned 13! ;) (Working on it, though!)

Thank you darlin'.  I do kinda have the same figure I had as a teenager.  I'm just one of those people that never changed much.  I'm actually hoping HRT might put a little something on my bony hips.