• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Came Out To My Dad And Step Mom

Guest Lisa marie

Guest Lisa marie

Today i went to see my parents again.

I spendt most of the day with them last night to wearing eyeshadow and showed them my makeup hoping they would take the hint, i didnt dare say anything then tho.

When i went to see them today my father asked me if there was something i wanted to tell them which is understandable with me showing up with makeup the day before, naturally they wondered about it after i left.

My father however couldnt have picked a worse time and place to ask me this question, lots of neighbours around and everyone heard so i just explained it was some sort of goth style and that they had nothing to worrie about, i wasnt about to out myself infront of a ton of neighbours was i!...

I wernt really planning on saying anything today but seeing as he asked me this question my mind started grinding non stop about it, and you wont belive how many coincidences showed up, first there was a show where being gay came up a couple of times, then later another one, and to top it all off a show with a mtf in it MY GOD its screaming to me.

Its now or never!

(been thinking of it for 8 houers non stop and hadnt said a word for all that time, never been so nervous in my entire life)

So when i finally burst the bubble trying to explain this was a feat on its own, so scared i could barely get a word out, ok .. so i 'm this and that you see ? *hides in the dark* the term awkward silence was given new meaning during the talk, i just had such horrible explaining skills on something i know so much about while being scared to death... didnt work out so good..

In the end i guess i was lucky, i have a very understanding father and step mom so they supported me fully and there's not much more i can ask really.

It was a galaxy lifted from my shoulders and we agreed to talk about it someday later as we were all tired. (and i got out of there as fast as u could eek)

Wonder what tomorrow will be like

Lisa