• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Name

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

I post as Elizabeth K. The 'K' was picked to differentiate me from the other earlier Elizabeth's here at Laura's. I really use Anne as my middle name but my S.O. has been calling me Kendra now - 'cause for unclear reasons, Elizabeth does not sit well on her tongue...

So I am now in possesion of a new feminine presentation name. Elizabeth is such a standard for me I can NEVER leave it. I AM ELizabeth, or Lizzy or Liz. But now I am also Kendra... growing on me - I LIKE IT TOO! So what do I do?

Middle name? Elizabeth K is Elizabeth Kendra? I love Elizabeth Anne - but... should it be Elizabeh Anne Kendra plus my last name? Seems too long.

Anyone else having identity crisis with second (third?) names?

Dizzy Lizzy

Guest amie

Nothing set in stone or even remotely close, but I'm leaning toward something that starts with a B: Baily and Bridget are a couple of my favz thus far.

I may even roll with Beelzebub, who knowz? lol

Guest Pól_Eire

I would vote for "Elizabeth Anne Kendra plus your last name." Covers all your bases like and sounds good. Also, loads of people have 2 middle names. Actually, my roommate last summer had 4.

No crisis here. My middle name is Colm. Nice and simple.

Pól

Guest Zabrak

I vote for four names - its neat whenever you meet someone with four.

For me...I'm happy with my middle and last name(their both French names.).

Guest Evan_J

Go with whatever makes you happy.

When I registered I 'thought' there'd be a million Evan's. I smacked "j" behind it based on that. (At that time I wasn't even sure of 'evan'. J was from jordan, the name of a rp character I used. My middle name in no way has j lol)

I think Elizabeth Ann is beautiful. Classical. And summons up all the regal imagery (at least to me) of both queens.

Kendra reminds me of Kenya- which is the name of one of my goddaughters . How can I complain?

I think its very.... connotating of an extraordinary personality when someone has 4 names. Long though lol and might be cumbersome.

I have said that my name just came to me and it did but micelle as my middle name has a very special meaning to me - it is the feminine for of the name Michael - that isn't surprising, but it is the name of the Arch Angel and I like to have something that identifies me as something other than the freaks and monsters that most people see us being.

Sally is a form of the name Sarah and means princess.

So my name means Princess Arch Angel Common English Sir Name.

How do you like that.

Just a note - most people with more than 3 names are often Catholic and the extra name or names are the Saint's name - a practice much more common in Hispanic cultures.

I would just keep Kendra as a pet name - I have always like Elizabeth Anne - it has such a nice sound.

Love ya,

Sally

I actually have two middle names legally. That'll change later, though.

I like the sound of Elizabeth Anne Kendra LastName. I think that would fit and work nicely.

For my new name, my middle name is still undecided. I'd wanted my initials to be E.T.H like my first name being 'Eth', but I can't find a feminine "T" middle name that relates to someone I'm naming myself after. Their actual name starts with a J, and I may just use that and end up as Eth with the initials E.J.H.

kendra is nice

i was thinking aginst having a middle name

but if i did would be something silly like, frodo, sam, gimli maybe, gandalth

Guest NeverSayNever
kendra is nice

i was thinking aginst having a middle name

but if i did would be something silly like, frodo, sam, gimli maybe, gandalth

Go for Frodo! :P

One of my brother's middle names is Worf :D His dad named him after someone off Star Trek.

I still need to find a first name, never mind a middle name but I definitely want a middle name too.

Guest Donna Jean

Lizzy.

Honey....I kinda like the whole thing...very elegant!

You'll never be anything but Elizabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Dizzy Lizzy...to me!

And I don't have a "middle" ...Donna Jean IS my first name...not Donna....

My therapist calls me Donna....poo!

Hugg...(Elizabeth Anne Kendra ...yeah, nice....)

Donna Jean

Lizzy.

Honey....I kinda like the whole thing...very elegant!

You'll never be anything but Elizabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Dizzy Lizzy...to me!

And I don't have a "middle" ...Donna Jean IS my first name...not Donna....

My therapist calls me Donna....poo!

Hugg...(Elizabeth Anne Kendra ...yeah, nice....)

Donna Jean

I knew that with out being told - your therapist isn't really all that observant.

You will always be Donna Jean or Dee Jay to me.

We could all just toss in all of the names that we have ever considered

Love ya,

Sally Michelle Martha Sarah April Mary Dawn Alice Barbra Debbbie Christie Jacobs Jackson (I thought about using two different last names but liked Jackson with Sally Michelle better)

Guest 1charlotte1

I used the good old system of tubes we call the Internet! LOL, in terms of my middle name, I'm using the name my parents would have given me (idk what it is yet I haven't come out :P) or I might use nicole *in memory of my old self nick* even if I hate being nick, I owe my entire life so far to him, so I thought it might be fitting

Guest Ashlee

Not really sure...

Possible choices would be, Marie, Anne, Michelle, or Nicole.

Lizzy, I like it either way. Elizabeth Anne just rolls off your tongue, easy to say and sounds younger. Elizabeth Anne Kendra sounds a bit more grown up!

Ashlee

I vote for Elizabeth Ann Kendra <last name>.

My name when i do my name change next year will be Paula Denise <last name>

My mom passed in 2004 but in her yearbook Denise was her middle name and so it will be mine.

HUGS!

Paula

Guest OneOutOfnOne

I'm leaning very much toward Arachne for a middle name, and there are multiple reasons for this.

Arachne sounds a bit like my old last name.

It's the Greek word for spider, so it fits with my new last name (Webb).

The Arachne of the Greek myth was from the country called Lydia (and hey, that's me).

It makes my initials LAW, which was completely unintentional, but there are worse initials I could have produced.

The trouble with Arachne would be if I kept my old last name. Then I would have this mess of two consecutive names that sound too much alike. But I like Arachne so very much...

Well, I shall burn that bridge when I come to it.

Guest Neuro

I have several middle names; because I am Catholic XD

"Sarah Marie Cecelia Michael" is legally. (no last name in internets for me)

However, I wish to change it to "Michael Joseph", though I may have to keep the Cecelia for religious reasons (My confirmation name).

I would love to have "Sephiroth" or "Neuro" or "Lawliet" in there somewhere--but that's a bit much, even for me XDDDDD

Guest Cody_T
I like Nathan. My mom thought I should go with Oswald so my initials would be DOG. :rolleyes:

haha, I like this.

I kind of wanted to do so since my old initials spell a word, but the only thing I can work out w/mine is CAD and I really don't want that one :P So I dedicated my middle name to a very special person and named myself after Tyler Durden. I'm so mature.

I vote for Elizabeth Anne Kendra <lastname> as well.

Guest Pól_Eire
Just a note - most people with more than 3 names are often Catholic and the extra name or names are the Saint's name - a practice much more common in Hispanic cultures.

Love ya,

Sally

Actually, the fella I knew with 4 middle names (6 total, obviously) was Jew. But I think you're right in that the majority of people with more than one middle name are Catholic.

Pól

Guest nova

Nova is my legal middle name. My last name is from my french ancestry, and my first name is from my Hawaiian/Tahitian side of the family.

Guest brenda lee
I post as Elizabeth K. The 'K' was picked to differentiate me from the other earlier Elizabeth's here at Laura's. I really use Anne as my middle name but my S.O. has been calling me Kendra now - 'cause for unclear reasons, Elizabeth does not sit well on her tongue...

So I am now in possesion of a new feminine presentation name. Elizabeth is such a standard for me I can NEVER leave it. I AM ELizabeth, or Lizzy or Liz. But now I am also Kendra... growing on me - I LIKE IT TOO! So what do I do?

Middle name? Elizabeth K is Elizabeth Kendra? I love Elizabeth Anne - but... should it be Elizabeh Anne Kendra plus my last name? Seems too long.

Anyone else having identity crisis with second (third?) names?

Dizzy Lizzy

Hi ! I choose the middle name of Lee ,because that is what my mom wanted for my middle name as a girl .AS it turned out she gave it to me anyway.LOL BrendaLee

Guest Nikk

Personally, I think having more than one middle name is too much of a mouthful. Elizabeth Ann sounds just fine.

As for me, I've been thinking of my name becoming Nikolai James (yeah, my full first name is Nikolai). Just because I really like the name James, and it honors my English background. It's also my backup name if Nikk or Nikolai fall through. James has NOTHING to do with my icon/that character/ Pokemon in general.

Guest Jackson

Do what makes you happy, Lizzie.

I just kept my original middle name, Lynn. I thought about changing it to Lee since that's my dad's middle name, but since my parents chose Lynn, I stuck with that one.

As for being Catholic, I never did do much with my confirmation name which was Anne.

Guest AshleeB

"What about you Ash?" i hear you ask.

WELL me... my current middle name given to me (so therefore, doesnt mean i enjoy it... making that clear) by my rents is Thomas. after my grandfather. i would normally be like "aww thanks mum! thats really sweet to name me after pop!" but i really hate the guy so its more an insult :P

aaanyhoo, the moment i can change my name, thomas will be left out. thanks very much and goodnight

Lots of love

Ashlee :wub: