• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?

Ann W

6 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

Thanks for the nice comments April.

yw Teri Anne! :) there are so many different shapes, sizes, facial features, modes of dressing, etc. of people that most of us can just blend in unless we purposely want to be noticed. i'm blessed with a very girly face and usually don't wear much makeup or none at all. and my shape is far from what most girls have. but that's ok and i love my look. i have a well-defined waist but very slim and almost boyish hips & butt. and my boobs are small. but i like how i look and feel and don't need surgery or boob implants to make me feel more girlish. because, after all, i am a girl! so we all make our own decisions on how WE want to look....not how we want others to see us. stay in your comfort zone and don't let anyone push you out of it! thank you. :)    

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley0616

• Bri2020

• Birdie

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a nice wig Niamh.  I would love to find something similar.  

That big hole on top of my head bothers me.  

12 hours ago, Jandi said:

That is a nice wig Niamh.  I would love to find something similar.  

That big hole on top of my head bothers me.  

Mine was only £23 from Amazon. I could buy 4 every month for the same cost my wife has to pay to her hair stylist! So even though I've got about 8 or 9, my wife has difficulty complaining about how much I spend on them!

The wig I'm wearing in the pic is one of 2 identical ones, because I have to accept that at the price I pay, they don't last that long even though I look after them as well as I can.  But I don't have much choice - I have lost so much hair - even if I start HRT there is not enough natural hair left to get a good result. But I like my wigs :)  I may visit a professional wig stylist at some point if I can get something as good as the wigs I have, but which will last longer.

Nice wigs don't have to be expensive.

I have a few that I paid over $300 and some I got for $150 ( 2 for 1 sale) at the local wig salon. Working with a professional is well worth it.

Durability and high quality you will have to pay for of course.

April I wish I was slim like I used to be but HRT and added curves equals added pounds. Anti seizure meds plus an eating disorder have added more weight but I am still happy to be where I am on this journey.

I feel very blessed to have "most" of my hair. I definitely have some widows peak/receding issues and a pretty thin spot up top but my curls can mask it pretty well. If I pull my hair into a messy bun it covers it OK.  I'm hoping the HRT stops any more loss.  I also hoping when they do FFS they can rund out the hairline with some scalp transplant or something

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Way, way out of my comfort zone but I like it!

You're not the only one who likes it, Liz!  It looks wonderful! 

Astrid

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I got another dress today. Way, way out of my comfort zone but I like it!

9AF29D50-4EE6-4927-A147-C35A87392392.jpeg

Dang!

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Very nice @Elizabeth Star. Love the color choice. It works so well for you. You’re becoming more feminine with every post in this thread it seems. Seems everything is clicking in the right direction for you.

At first, it can feel a little uncomfortable wearing new dresses around but when they make you look that good, you need not worry…just go with it, girl.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:41 AM, Teri Anne said:

April I wish I was slim like I used to be but HRT and added curves equals added pounds. Anti seizure meds plus an eating disorder have added more weight but I am still happy to be where I am on this journey.

being slim does have it's advantages. a good balanced diet helps but i think some of us are more prone to slimness. it's easier buying clothes too although i'm very casual with my dressing so i pretty much keep things simple. i keep my meds as light as possible because i don't really like taking meds so my hormone intake is probably much less than yours. plus having an orchiectomy makes things easier with meds and i highly recommend it especially due to the sometimes dangerous effects of anti-androgens. at least that's my take based on advice from my physician. the fact that you are happy with your journey is really all that matters. i've found that being happy has the greatest impact on not only your emotional well-being, but on your outlook on life. thank you. ?  

13 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

@Elizabeth Star you may be out of your comfort zone, but dang girl you are rockin it.

14 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Wow Liz, You may feel uncomfortable, but you have no reason to be. You look great!

Hugs,

Mike

18 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I almost bought one just like it on Amazon a few months ago but didn't pull the trigger but now- dang I wish I had because Girl.....you got it going on!   You need to go out on the town now!  So the next big ? is what shoes?  I strappy wedge would go well. Almost any color works.

I was looking at this Halter version:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0988TV63T/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0988TV63T&pd_rd_w=JsQ6s&pf_rd_p=887084a2-5c34-4113-a4f8-b7947847c308&pd_rd_wg=H3WaR&pf_rd_r=RA0S2K34F0JGZBGC4Y18&pd_rd_r=a5f3c688-8c49-4ccf-a355-8e265ff2766d&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRlcwNE4xVllWRVAzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzY3MTU3MVQyWko2Mk9USkk0OSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDM4MjU5UUFXMUNVTEg0TjJQJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

@Bri2020i looked at that one but don’t think I can wear it to work. I got wedges a couple days ago. They’re for another outfit but will probably work with this one. 

I did learn last night that it’s a real challenge to drive in 3 in platform wedges. Within a minute I had the right one off so I work the pedals properly. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Who ready to dance and dine?  Well, dine at least.  Off to a dinner party!

Wish I could. Tonight is dilating, showering, making dinner, maybe putting the laundry away, then bed.

I know. I'm boring.

You look great though! Knock 'em dead!

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Wish I could. Tonight is dilating, showering, making dinner, maybe putting the laundry away, then bed.

I know. I'm boring.

You look great though! Knock 'em dead!

Hugs!

Oh, thanks for the reminder. I’ve had clothes in the dryer for the last couple days. 

A dinner party sounds so lovely. I haven’t been to one since before COVID. I wish my knees would let me go dancing. 

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Tonight is dilating

Jackie, you had me curious who you were calling, but then I went back and read your post more closely.  What can I say, it's been a long day.

Bri, you look great.  Have great fun!

A couple of outfits for lunch and dinner this week. The second one I wore to meet a friend I haven’t seen since pre-transition… he said, “wow, you’ve grown!” He then realized I had on 5” heels and followed up with, “you’ve changed!” lol. Yes, yes I have. 

i bought my first swimsuit… I’d post, but not sure if it’s appropriate for this forum. It’s a light blue bikini that was on sale at VS. Fits wonderfully!

9C74C043-E424-4C03-8DE4-FF551ABAC0B7.jpeg

2F33A98A-A4C7-4C32-A51C-E6336C02150E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Emily Michele said:

A couple of outfits for lunch and dinner this week. The second one I wore to meet a friend I haven’t seen since pre-transition… he said, “wow, you’ve grown!” He then realized I had on 5” heels and followed up with, “you’ve changed!” lol. Yes, yes I have. 

i bought my first swimsuit… I’d post, but not sure if it’s appropriate for this forum. It’s a light blue bikini that was on sale at VS. Fits wonderfully!

9C74C043-E424-4C03-8DE4-FF551ABAC0B7.jpeg

2F33A98A-A4C7-4C32-A51C-E6336C02150E.jpeg

Those are lovely!  I'm too much of a klutz to wear white, it would be stained in 5 minutes  lol  5"heels! good for you.  I can't manage anything beyond 3" and those better be more of a block heel or I will break an ankle. lol

On 8/18/2021 at 7:26 PM, Elizabeth Star said:

That looks real classy. Love the way it goes with your hair.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Emily Michele said:

A couple of outfits for lunch and dinner this week.

Lovely! I tend to not show that much cleavage because I don't have any. ?

Hugs!

@Bri2020 4-5” heels are standard for me. The only flats I have are work shoes (I’m a waitress), pink Sketchers, and mowing the lawn shoes. Want to learn to be good in heels? Vacuum in them! You’ll learn balance quick and the vacuum helps when you need a little support, kind of like a cane. Start slow, but you’ll be a natural in no time!

@Jackie C. I’m an A cup, but with a good bra and forms, I turn heads!