• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Well I tested POSITIVE for COVID-19 12/5/2020

Mmindy

Mindy I'm sorry to hear that. Take lots of care and listen to your body.

Love your positive attitude.

Feel better soon!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mmindy

• Jackie C.

• Bri2020

• Confused1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal. It can take awhile.  Warm humidified air can help soothe irritated bronchioles so if you have a humidifier set one up near you. 

Mindy, it took me a few days to fully recover and I felt tired and weak for a few days. Hopefully you feel better soon.

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator

Day 13 of my COVID-19 experience.

Good afternoon everyone,

@Gabriel@Bri2020@Erica Gabriel@Confused1 thank you for you care and input on getting better. Both Suzie and I feel much better today. There's still a nagging tickle down in my chest that causes me to cough if I try to take a deep breath. I'm ready to make an appointment for my followup COVID-19 test to see if I'm still Positive. On a sad note one of Suzie's coworkers passed away because of COVID complications. He was a young man from the shipping department. I have a couple of classmates who are hospitalized with their own battles of COVID. Suzie and I consider ourselves very lucky to apparently have had mild cases. Please pray, burn incense, light candles, or send positive energy to those who are hospitalized battling this virus, and the families who have lost loved ones. Suzie and I are healthy and getting better.

Hugs (masked)

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad you're feeling better, but stay on top of it for a few more days. COVID can do a bounce thing where you start to feel better, then it piledrivers you. Stay safe sweetie!

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

I'm ready to make an appointment for my followup COVID-19 test to see if I'm still Positive.

Mindy???

Mindy, the health department here told me I was likely to test positive again for about 3 months. I had to get retested after 2 months to see a doctor who required a negative test to get in. I tested negative, so I don't know if what they told me is true or not. Still, I think I would hold off for little while before getting retested.

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator

Thanks Mike, I'll check with my pharmacist tomorrow. I have a heart procedure on December 28th and I'm sure they'll want to know my COVID status.

Hugs,

1 hour ago, Confused1 said:

Mindy, the health department here told me I was likely to test positive again for about 3 months. I had to get retested after 2 months to see a doctor who required a negative test to get in. I tested negative, so I don't know if what they told me is true or not. Still, I think I would hold off for little while before getting retested.

Hugs,

Mike

Depends on the test. An antibody type test will show up for a while but a PCR test should be clear once virus counts are negligible. 

19 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Depends on the test. An antibody type test will show up for a while but a PCR test should be clear once virus counts are negligible. 

I am not a doctor or nurse, so I don't know what test they are using. However, the test they required was the same one they did when I tested positive 2 months earlier. That is the one the health department was talking about.

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator

Good evening everyone, today was Day 14 of my COVID-19 experience.

It's the first day were I can say that I'm truly on the healthy side of this infection.

Suzie and I both feel good, with only a slight tickle in the back of our throats causing an occasional cough.

Thank you for the care and concern over these past two weeks.

Hugs, (masked)

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

It's the first day were I can say that I'm truly on the healthy side of this infection.

I’m happy to hear your wonderful update @Mmindy. Just in time for Christmas too! I hope you and Suzie feel fully recovered by then!  Best holiday wishes to you both!

*Hugs*

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations to the both of you. As someone who has done the "cough your lungs out" thing... frequently... I know how unpleasant that can be. I'm glad you're both feeling better. Take care of yourselves anyway. Now there's healing to do!

Hugs!

15 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Good evening everyone, today was Day 14 of my COVID-19 experience.

Suzie and I both feel good, with only a slight tickle in the back of our throats causing an occasional cough.

Thank you for the care and concern over these past two weeks.

Hugs, (masked)

Mindy???

YEA!!!! I'm so happy for you two. Now you can donate convalescent plasma ;) 

• Forum Moderator

Good evening everyone, Day 15 of my COVID-19 experience.

Today has been a restful day, my Suzie and I are feeling good, and tomorrow we'll be starting the week as a normal work week. We both feel like we're over this COVID-19 virus, and consider ourselves very blessed that it was mild cases when you compare what others have gone through. One of Suzie's coworkers passed away last week from COVID-19 complications. He was a young man in his late 40's, we pray for his family in these toughest of times.

Stay COVID aware and safe,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Thank you @KayC

Day 16 of my COVID-19 experience.

Today I'm working in the shop completing a training prop build. I'm taking it easy because I do feel weak from doing nothing for the last 16 days. I will say one benefit of not working in the shop for two weeks. Long damage free nails. My family isn't quite ready for me to polish them yet, however I'm thinking a nice clear coat my be in my future. Here's what I'm building. It's a MC-331 Propane/Anhydrous Ammonia transport tank for classroom training. 

IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_6562.JPG

• Forum Moderator

Thank you @Lexi C 

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe 

Mindy???

5 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Thank you @KayC

Day 16 of my COVID-19 experience.

Today I'm working in the shop completing a training prop build. I'm taking it easy because I do feel weak from doing nothing for the last 16 days. I will say one benefit of not working in the shop for two weeks. Long damage free nails. My family isn't quite ready for me to polish them yet, however I'm thinking a nice clear coat my be in my future. Here's what I'm building. It's a MC-331 Propane/Anhydrous Ammonia transport tank for classroom training. 

IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_6562.JPG

That's really cool, and helpful to those people who will be transporting and responsible for those tanks. Safety first, stay and be well.