• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Would You Do If You Only Had A Year Left To Live?

Guest Joe Cool

Guest joe0117

Like it says in the title - If you found out for whatever (in this case hypothetical) reasons that you had a year to live - What would you want to do? How would you want to spend your time? Who would you want to spend your time with? Is there something you really want to do but keep putting off?

I'm interested in however you think you might spend that year! :)

Joe

Guest Joanna Phipps
Like it says in the title - If you found out for whatever (in this case hypothetical) reasons that you had a year to live - What would you want to do? How would you want to spend your time? Who would you want to spend your time with? Is there something you really want to do but keep putting off?

I'm interested in however you think you might spend that year! :)

Joe

Complete my transition up to and including SRS, and live as long as I could in the gender I was supposed to be

This is not a subject that I have given much thought to as I don't think it is a very good cure for depression.

I am a lot different from most people, not just in being MTF but in my interests, I would not become a dare devil or thrill seeker and run around risking my life for the adrenaline rush.

I would stop working immediately - I've wasted enough of my life working.

I would continue to visit here and help as much as I could.

I would love to travel again and this time as I see the world, let it see me - Sally.

I would sleep on my odd scattered schedule allowing me to take in sunrises some days and sunsets on others.

I would never try to 'cram a lifetime of living into each day'.

I would never make a 'bucket list'.

Take all of the time that I had left to enjoy myself and the beauty in the world and ignore the rat race and ugliness that surrounds it.

Knowing that the end is near might just get me to stop worrying about tomorrow and let me enjoy today for once.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest StrandedOutThere

I'm not sure I would do anything different that what I'm already doing. Finishing my degree is important to me, so I'd definitely want to still do that. My school work causes me to spend a lot of time in the office, but that's the price I pay.

Hmm.... I guess I would probably visit home more. Right now I only visit my family 2 or 3 times a year and I don't call nearly as much as I should.

I'd definitely stop with all the saving of money. I'd blow my bank account and retirement savings out of the water. Enron would look fiscally responsible compared to me. I'd take every credit card they'd give me and RUN. There's a chance I might even buy a that Rousch Stage 3 Mustang I've been wanting. I used to have a 2001 GT and I miss it.

Behold! 2009 Rousch Stage 3

My heart beats a little faster every time I look at that picture.

Guest Justme

I would move to Alaska or British Columbia. the last frontier. Live my live on the land and with nature. And enjoy every day....seeing the un-landscaped beauty of the earth.

Guest Jackson

I would quit my job. I would want to take a little time and travel and see the few places that I really want to see. Then I'd just probably do some reenactments that I've always wanted to, and then just relax and spend the time with family and friends.

Guest joe0117

Ainsley - that is a nice car! I would want a ride B)

Eth - we better make sure you have water wings!

I'm not suggesting this as a cure for depression - I was/am honestly just curious. Life is short and with so many unknowns and variables nobody knows how long our time here will be. I tried to pose it as a hypothetical question. Does the technical stuff of day to day get in the way of your living? Do you have a bucket list? Just something I was thinking about and thought I would see where others stood. I certainly don't mean to fuel anyone's depression or negative thinking. I was hoping more of thinking of what positives could come out of it - like Ains bankrupting major credit card companies and Eth swimming around the world!

Joe

Guest Evan_J

What's a "bucket list"? (clue me in)

I'd be next to ainsley with all that debt lol. I would see my kids. Not sure that I would disrupt their lives by lettting them see me too. Maybe from afar? Maaaybe their mother too. Dunno about that one, she might pitch a grenaide lol. Or she might be married to some bio dude. I would not want to see that. Have top surgery. Go and hang out with Ainsley and Raydub. Visit my bestfriend from kindergarten (she actually asked me to call her this week). Stop by San Fran and visit someone. Then Texas. Then Maryland. Spend thirty days in Grand Cayman. Two weeks in Versailles. Then debate as to whether to relocate to the U. K. or Atlanta. ....probably actually the U.K. My grandma would never forgive me if I bought it in the south . (It actually might kill her)

Guest Ashlee

bucket list - things you want to do before you die

As for me, I would definitely work less, spend more time with my wife and family, travel, and make sure to not leave any debt for my family. So, no credit cards, no elaborate spending spree.

Oh, I would probably spend some money, I just wouldn't want to leave anyone with the price of my year of craziness...

Ashlee

I haven't really thought about this subject since i had my heart attack and stroke, just too depressing, however i have my will up to date and already have my plot with my grandparents, those are paid for.

I would make sure my funeral expenses are prepaid, any loose ends financially are taken care of, finish transition including srs then live what ever time i had left as me.

Paula

Guest Leigh

i have to admit.. i'm kind of one of those people who thinks that every day is my last (probably why i'm so stressed all the time..gotta fix all the worlds problems now, could die tomorrow..)..but i never really act on it, because i'm not sure..and there's this thing called "planning ahead" that i have to do (kinda messes with me...)

so, if i KNEW i only had a year left.

i would quit my job. take my bike and go around the country as much as i can, camping in my tent at night/when i sleep, i would join in with every cause to help people that i could on my path, and in general just see what happens when you go for it with no planning (what i really want to do, honestly, but unfortunately for me i have too much of what they call "common sense" or "reason")

and i'd probably write a book about it... just like a journal, to leave behind. i'd try to write out some of my personal philosophy on life, etc....

read for fun (yay physics) and meditate a lot so that i could try and get in touch with some deeper sense of myself (hopefully i'd be able to grow spiritually before i'm reincarnated again..)

so. yeah. spontaneity. that's how i'd kick it.

peace&love

leigh

Guest Melanieshaman
Complete my transition up to and including SRS, and live as long as I could in the gender I was supposed to be

This, and do everything i could to see Ireland, scotland, and just enjoy my family (IF they accept me-if not then they are NOT real family)

Guest Donna Jean
Behold! 2009 Rousch Stage 3

My heart beats a little faster every time I look at that picture.

I would go down to the bank and take out a HUGE loan.....

Then have Ains come pick me up in that Mustang!

The rest will work itself out

*looks right and left*...What payments?

Donna Jean

Guest Evan_J
i have to admit.. i'm kind of one of those people who thinks that every day is my last (probably why i'm so stressed all the time..gotta fix all the worlds problems now, could die tomorrow..)..but i never really act on it, because i'm not sure..and there's this thing called "planning ahead" that i have to do (kinda messes with me...)

so, if i KNEW i only had a year left.

i would quit my job. take my bike and go around the country as much as i can, camping in my tent at night/when i sleep, i would join in with every cause to help people that i could on my path, and in general just see what happens when you go for it with no planning (what i really want to do, honestly, but unfortunately for me i have too much of what they call "common sense" or "reason")

and i'd probably write a book about it... just like a journal, to leave behind. i'd try to write out some of my personal philosophy on life, etc....

read for fun (yay physics) and meditate a lot so that i could try and get in touch with some deeper sense of myself (hopefully i'd be able to grow spiritually before i'm reincarnated again..)

so. yeah. spontaneity. that's how i'd kick it.

peace&love

leigh

The "hiippie " in me says "yeeeeah". (cuz I got a little bit like that :unsure: )

The rest of me?

I would go down to the bank and take out a HUGE loan.....

Then have Ains come pick me up in that Mustang!

The rest will work itself out

*looks right and left*...What payments?

Donna Jean

Will be in Ainsley's Mustang with Donna Jean on my lap headed for Rodeo to pick up one or two things before we hit the Cayman B)

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora,

:rolleyes: Interesting question...One could get hit by a bus 'tomorrow' and not fulfill their dreams of transition-Even though the question is hypothetical for one to answer with "I would do this and that re transitioning etc!" holds little truth if one takes into account the possiblility of having a fatal accident at anytime which would stop them from fulfill their dreams...If the threat of death in a years time would make one get their A into G, what is stopping a person from actually doing it NOW knowing death is a real possibility which could occur anytime?

PROCRASTINATION ???

It truly is an interesting question ;)

Metta Jendar :)

Guest nova

I would go back to Hawaii, and live on the beach near Makaha: that's the only place I've ever felt a spiritual connection with nature. Warm breezes, gentle surf, the smell of the ocean, the starry sky at night, . . so good for the soul.

Guest Alyssa Leigh

I would quit my job and travel to some of the different states that I am interested in like Cali, OR, and I would try to find a time machine.

Alyssa