• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Identity: a Trans Coming Out Story: Philosophy Tube

Ivy

I think this is great, I heard about it on twitter recently Abigail also started trending for awhile. I also watch another youtuber who does video game reviews and talks on the industry who also recently came out, Jim stephanie sterling, or just jim sterling on his channel name if youre interested in that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, magical realism said:

I think this is great, I heard about it on twitter recently Abigail also started trending for awhile. I also watch another youtuber who does video game reviews and talks on the industry who also recently came out, Jim stephanie sterling, or just jim sterling on his channel name if youre interested in that sort of thing.

I mean their,Im a dingus sometimes.

From some previous videos I had an idea that she was at least non-binary.

So this was not a complete surprise.

It was surprising to me that she had done all the legal stuff already though.

So it's Abi now.

There was some bru ha ha over a statement Abi made that caused some consternation amongst the trans community and I don't know if she's made whatever restitution that she had to make. I only found out about it late in the discussion so it's mostly academic for me. In the comments I wished her luck in her journey. Hopefully she'll do better towards her trans siblings.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Jandi said:

It was surprising to me that she had done all the legal stuff already though.

She calls herself an actress, so that does not seem surprising to me since I am inside the edges of the acting and entertaining communities here in CA.  I have Trans friends (including a Trans Goddaughter) who are out in their families and the acting trades but not on screen at first blush playing Trans characters.

4 hours ago, Drayse said:

There was some bru ha ha over a statement Abi made that caused some consternation amongst the trans community

I am wondering a bit here if Abigail's  playing a cis character and not being "out and proud" for a while may have bothered some of the people in the Trans Community a bit.  The Anti Trans feeling there in the U.K. had some definite bearing on it.  Late to the party is a common theme even here in Los Angeles where we have had celebrity Trans problems for several years now, and I was present when one of them became a confrontation between an Out Activist and a recently Out celebrity who was getting more light than the activist was.  Messy. 

5 hours ago, VickySGV said:

I am wondering a bit here if Abigail's  playing a cis character and not being "out and proud" for a while may have bothered some of the people in the Trans Community a bit. 

I don't think at the time Abi being trans binary was common knowledge as everyone referring to her by her dead name at the time. And this her coming out video so I guess I'm a little doubtful that that was the issue here. Not that I disagree about what you're saying in general, just this specifically.

Some of her videos made me suspect she wasn't exactly straight/cis.  But that might have been my own context.  It wasn't an issue to me anyway.

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

Some of her videos made me suspect she wasn't exactly straight/cis.

She came out at bi about a year ago. I believe it was in her "Queer" video. Queer - Philosophy Tube

Sorry, I'm have a day off today so I might be responding more than usual. ?

1 hour ago, Drayse said:

She came out at bi about a year ago. I believe it was in her "Queer" video.

Ah, yes,  I remember that.

Thanks for sharing this. I think the key takeaway for me is at the end where she says, am I a man or am I a woman? Wrong question. I'm happy! That's an emotional takeaway I can relate to. My daughter asked me the same question a couple of days ago, "You're happy aren't you?" and it made me tear up a bit inside and I said "yes, yes I am!"