• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Kinda freaking out right now.

Red_Lauren.

Put it this way. There are things beyond my control in my coming out, and I have decided to just rip the band aid off at this point, and deal with the backlash later. I guess this is the week I've been regretting. 

1 hour ago, AwesomeClaire said:

Sometimes that is all we can do. I hope it works out ok. Keep us updated.

It will in the end I know it will. I just wasn't planning on it happening this way. I never even got to tell my male friends before this happened, and I was planning on telling them this summer. 

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Red_Lauren. said:

Put it this way. There are things beyond my control in my coming out, and I have decided to just rip the band aid off at this point, and deal with the backlash later. I guess this is the week I've been regretting. 

This happens to us many of us as we’re coming out. Something triggers something else we didn’t plan for and everything sort of unravels very fast. Best just try to prepare the best you can and plan for a little damage control after the dust settles. I wish you the best on your coming out to the world, @Red_Lauren.

My Best,

Susan R?

Yea I went in to damage control a bit tonight all ready with some of my friends. I was still very ctyptic, and told them well talk if they want to about any thing they hear down the road. 

As someone who was recently on the other end of a close friends coming out, your true friends will only care about it to the point that you are seeking your truest self and your authentic happiness. There will probably be some adjustment to the new dynamic of your relationship with them but in the end the true friends just want you to be happy and healthy. And you never really know who might be going through this themselves, you just might inspire courage in someone else. 

2 hours ago, Kelli321 said:

As someone who was recently on the other end of a close friends coming out, your true friends will only care about it to the point that you are seeking your truest self and your authentic happiness. There will probably be some adjustment to the new dynamic of your relationship with them but in the end the true friends just want you to be happy and healthy. And you never really know who might be going through this themselves, you just might inspire courage in someone else. 

I don't think my friends will care a whole lot. My two inner circles are all people ranging from about 33-45, so its not like we aren't totally closed minded like out grandparent's were, and all of our parent's are baby boomers. Most of which are pretty open mined them self's when it comes to -crap-. After all they were the hippys of the 60s and 70s. 

What bugs me. Is I have talked to my female friends in person about my transition, and was going to do it with my male friends soon. I just never had the time to do it in person.  

I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but there are 2 rules to making it through life: 

Rule #1 don’t sweat the small s%*t

Rule #2 everything is small s%*t

now if I could follow my own advice I would be yelling to the world that “ I am a woman, get over it!” 25 years ago ... lol

1 hour ago, gina-nicole-t said:

@Red_Lauren. I also did the whole damage control thing also. Now my parents hate me and don't want me around them. That really doesn't bother me because it's one less toxic individuals in my life. I just wish they would have supported me instead of the latter. Pretty much all of my friends have been understanding and supportive so far. I wish you luck in your endeavors with your friends and family. 

Gina 

Im not really worried about family. They aren't major players in my current life. I care more about my friend's. 

It's good that is went well. I just told my close immediate family, coworkers, and a few friends. Then I just went live on Facebook and let everyone deal with it haha.

1 hour ago, AwesomeClaire said:

It's good that is went well. I just told my close immediate family, coworkers, and a few friends. Then I just went live on Facebook and let everyone deal with it haha.

I was crying because I was scared to tell him, and then once he said he didn't care. I cried happy tears for a few minutes. Like full on happy bawling. ~~censored word~~ hormones.  he was sad I never told him before he moved across the country, but i told him when he moved. I was still in the process of getting the pills. So it wasn't set in stone yet.