• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Finally Talked With My Dad

Guest mason132

Guest mason132

Well, I just got done talking with my dad. He feels that being transgender is against god along with srs. He is hoping that this will just go away. I wish I could explain to him that this doesn't go away. I have felt like this since I was about five. It kind of irritates me that they don't understand. I think they just want to understand. He said he still loves me though. I wish life could just be simplier. I think it would just be better if I didn't exist. Then my family wouldn't have to deal with this. I had tried to kill myself once. Sometimes I think it would be better if I had followed through. Why can't I be what my parents and grandparents want me to be? You know, life just sucks. It is so unfair that I am not considered normal.

I'm sorry that things didn't go really well, but give them time, this is very new to them and you have known for a very long time and if you recall you weren't too crazy about it at first either.

He said he would still love you so that is good.

patience and they may start to accept you.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest mason132
I'm sorry that things didn't go really well, but give them time, this is very new to them and you have known for a very long time and if you recall you weren't too crazy about it at first either.

He said he would still love you so that is good.

patience and they may start to accept you.

Love ya,

Sally

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I don't think that will happen. He said it goes against god. I think they would pick god over me. = (

Guest mason132
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I don't think that will happen. He said it goes against god. I think they would pick god over me. = (

This is the first time in a while I feel like crying.

I know how hard it is, my mother still tries to tell me that I am wrong and she knows what I fell and blah, blah, blah.

I am just not talking about it anymore and going on with my life - I am old enough so I can do that - you just need to hold on for a whiile and then go on with your life.

love ya,

Sally

This is the first time in a while I feel like crying.

It is perfectly Ok to cry.

It will make you feel better, it is a great release of tension.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest mason132
It is perfectly Ok to cry.

It will make you feel better, it is a great release of tension.

Love ya,

Sally

Thanks bunches Sally

Guest Ashlee

mason,

I think most parents, when faced with something like this, which is pretty dramatic, are going to want to deny, or downgrade, or wish it to go away.

The best thing is that he said he still loved you, thats huge. Hang on to that like its gold.

Allow him to 'digest' this a bit. Let him think about it, maybe print out some information and give it to him. Let him know that YOU love him and hope that he will support you.

Give him time to do this. As a parent myself, I know I would want some time to do some research and get a handle on what your going through before making any decisions.

{HUGS}

Ashlee

Guest Mika N.

He says he loves you, that in itself is something to cherish. I think that means the lines of communication between the both of you is still open and that is great. I didn't have the opportunity to tell my father before he passed away two years ago. That leaves me with some regret and I've been working on getting some closure with my therapist help concerning that. I have yet to come out to my mom, brother, and sister. I think that time is comming soon, though I dread that day I feel it is important that I do. Maybe at the end of this year, maybe... I wish you peace and happiness. Your not alone mason

Mika

• Admin
I think it would just be better if I didn't exist. Then my family wouldn't have to deal with this. I had tried to kill myself once. Sometimes I think it would be better if I had followed through. Why can't I be what my parents and grandparents want me to be? You know, life just sucks. It is so unfair that I am not considered normal.

Mason, please don't think that way. Everyone matters, to themselves and everyone around them. Your life has meaning, and you have no way of knowing now how your life's path will effect people you don't even know yet. This is a hard time for you. I've been in the same place as you, for different reasons. I know its tough to see the road ahead, but give it some time. Things have a way of working themselves out. as Ashlee and others have said, give your dad some time with this. Patience is essential especially for those who are transitioning.

I'm sure you've seen the movie "Its a Wonderful Life." See it again, hon. It may be trite, but there is real meaning in that silly old movie. Just remember that last line..."No man is a failure who has friends."

You have friends here. Never forget that.

Love,

Carolyn Marie