• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I came out to my closest friend today, my sister. Great relief.

Davie

Well, that's an accomplishment for me to come out to my sister. It went great, couldn't have been better, actually. I knew she wouldn't be judgemental, but I didn't know she'd be so supportive and even knowledgeable about transgender issues. And she remembered me fondly as a boy and man who was always so understanding of feminism and open to the whole multi-culture of mankind over the years. Apparently, they even have trans folks in California! But it's a huge relief to me and it gives support where I need it most. Quite a week: Monday I said goodbye to my long-time great therapist. Tuesday I had my first TG Therapist appointment, and then today came out to my sister. My whole feminine life just flashed before my eyes! In a good way. Can I now get an Amen for that? And a vacation? Anyway. Progress is progress. Thanks for being here--couldn't have done this without all you guys.

hugs,

Davie

• Forum Moderator

@Davie "AMEN". Congratulates it has been a very interesting and fulfilling week for you so far and just think, it's only half through. I think you'll be able to solve world hunger by Friday (LOL). In all seriousness I'm so glad it's going well for you.

Congratulations on coming out to your sister!  I am happy for you that it went so well.  It is so great to have someone supportive in your corner, and all the better when it is family.

@Shay @KathyLauren

Thanks, Kathy and Heather. It was essential for the support by you folks here on TP that this went so well. Having a good attitude. A list of answers to relate. Just being relaxed and telling the open and honest truth about myself. Really worth it. Feels like I passed a test, that I grown up a little. I feel freer, better supported.

Thanks so much. Big hugs,

-- Davie

8 hours ago, Davie said:

Quite a week: Monday I said goodbye to my long-time great therapist. Tuesday I had my first TG Therapist appointment, and then today came out to my sister.

Your journey has definitely had some significant milestones this week.  Congratulations!!  

Amen (as requested ?),

Astrid

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Davie said:

My whole feminine life just flashed before my eyes! In a good way.

I hear you Davie. You’ll treasure milestones like this for the rest of your life. If it was anything like how it was for me coming out to my sisters, it must’ve been a wonderful feeling inside. It should be fun to establish a slightly different (and maybe much better) relationship with your sister. I am so happy for you.

My Best,

Susan R?

Thanks, all. Heavy week. Today, I'm anxious and panicky. Overwhelmed a bit.

I'm taking a few long, deep breaths just now. That helps.

I can't be happy about change every day, I guess.

yours,

Davie

• Forum Moderator

@Davie slowing down and breathing is a very good thing. Take your time. You've made amazing progress.

Thanks, Heather. I'm working on it. Feeling less panicky.

Progress . . . aren't I supposed to get a medal now?

Like the last Thought of the Day: honoring all feelings.

Cool.

Hugs,

Davie

• Forum Moderator

You get a gold star on your homework paper.

@Daviesounds like an emotional anticlimax & totally normal. Brene Brown coined the term "vulnerability hangover". Yeah, breathe through it & it too shall pass. Hugs! 

@Vidanjali

Yes, "vulnerability hangover" is a perfect name for it. Lots of positives in that mix. These do make the world change for me—I gotta trust it'll be better that way. I don't trust change so good, but I'm learning. Having support means everything. Thanks.

Hugs,

Davie

Vulnerability hangover!! OMG it's so great to put a name to that feeling.  Davie, congrats on letting your sister know.  I cherish my relationship so much more since I came out to my sisters.  Our relationship is so much stronger now.  More so because I am more invested in them as a sister than I was as a brother. I'm somewhat ashamed that I wasn't as close when I was their brother, chalk it up to 'being more manly roleplay of my life" I guess. They were always there for me though and when I came out to them they were amazing. 

The rollercoaster of fear, anxiety, joy, love and yes, vulnerability, in the coming out process is emotionally taxing and you have to sit back sometimes and just acknowledge it.  Let yourself experience and accept it all, breathe and then move forward.

Hugs

Bri

@Bri2020 Yes.

Coming out and making a transition further into myself is ever long-reaching into my psyche. I missed my ex terribly because I loved who she was so much that I wanted to be her. But now I’ve found a whole different state of mind and soul of my own, I don’t want to be her—I only want to be me . . . or to become me (whomever that is). And now I don’t miss what I could never have . . . or what I could never be.
I’m more me than ever—and that feels so good—I feel so much lighter!

— Davie

(PS: photos of me dancing down the street in a dress with full makeup, will have to wait a few more days.)

@Davie Amen! Wonderful news! It's amazing when we take steps out of the darkness of the closet & embrace the light & ourselves.

I've been so busy with life, switching granddaughters back to schooling at home, a cantankerous vehicle, this news is a wonderful boost. Thank you!

Hugs!

Delcina

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • Ariea
    • Mmindy
    • Willow
    • Petra Jane
    • Ivy
    • Delcina B
    • Jackie C.
    • AcedTea87
    • Karen Carey